PDA

View Full Version : New Stargate novel

Sonny
June 23rd, 2004, 02:52 PM
The first of the new Stargate novels is out, Trial by Fire written by Sabine C Bauer ('Doc' to fanfic readers) is only available in the UK, SA and Australia at the moment, however their web site (www.stargatenovels.com) has it on sale, as does Amazon.

My review of this book as follows: (I'll leave spoiler space, however this is a review, there is little in the way of actual spoilers).
Daniel Jackson’s discovery of a Punic stele in the middle of the New Mexico desert leads SG-1 to a planet where an ‘ancient enemy’ who call themselves ‘Phrygians’ regularly abduct the children of the peaceful inhabitants. Confronted with the horrific evidence of one such encounter, SG-1 plan to recover the children, but are thwarted when O’Neill and an aging archeologist are kidnapped by the Phrygians. While O’Neill undergoes an archaic initiation, the rest of SG-1 find themselves caught up in a holy war. What none of them knows is that on this world nothing is quite what it seems—especially the gods.

Trial by Fire is a must-read for every fan of the series. The plot is classic Saturday Matinee episodic television, yet the quality of writing and cultural immersion elevate it to the level of a mega budget movie production. Author Sabine C Bauer has combined her love of the show with meticulous research of ancient Rome, Phoenicia, and Carthage to craft a ripping good yarn in the finest tradition of Stargate SG-1. Where Bauer has truly excelled is in her ability to get inside the minds of Jack O’Neill, Daniel Jackson, Sam Carter and Teal’c, adding an entirely new dimension to the Stargate world. If this first edition of a new series of Stargate novels is anything to go by, I can’t wait for the next one!

- Sonny Whitelaw, author of The Rhesus Factor

[email protected]
www.therhesusfactor.com

SaharaGate
June 23rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Sounds cool. Can't wait for it to come out in Australia.

I noticed Sabine Bauer reviewed your book The Rhesus Factor as well.

Do you know where her other fanfic lives online?

Jprime
June 23rd, 2004, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a cool book (yours and the other one)! Is your title a monkey referance (Rhesus monkeys)?

Skydiver
June 23rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
I'm gonna close your thread and direct folks here
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=410

not because i don't like it....i do i guess (i haven't even got the book yet, i don't wanna spoil it) but just to keep things trimmed down. we already have a thread about the books there and i invite you to post your review in that thread