This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Stargates- Caution, possibly ##Very Spoilery Discussion##

It seems to me, that I remember having read (in a spoiler somewhere) that the Ori have stargates, or 'A' stargate that was the size of a planet. I can only think of ONE reason for that. It would be used exclusively to send ships to our galaxy en mass. It seems to me, that it is no longer a stargate, but has jumped to a full fledged Hypergate. It is capable of transporting ships across the universe in an instant. You don't build something like that with the intention of sending just one ship somewhere. Your planning on having lots of traffic going through.

One might assume that you'd need an equally large Hypergate (I will continue to refer to the 'planet sized' stargates in this why from now on), here in our galaxy for them to come out the other side. So the Ori will have to use their (in Jack's words... ) 'freaky cosmic powers' to 'teleport' a hypergate here, or they'd have to send some of their followers in a spaceship to either transport, or build one here. Then, consider the power requirements of such a thing...! Not only is the size of a "planet", it is also going to be used to connect a big wormhole between galaxies, that are likely very distant from one another. Yowzer..! Scaaaaarrrrry..! *whistles* Maybe that Atlantis tech might come in handy...
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

You're right about the exit gate being the same size of the entrance gate.

Otherwise, if the gates were able to scale the matter at the exit gate- A dog would be able to eat the invasion force.
    Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
    "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
    "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
    ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
    McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
    "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

I also read something about a Stargate the size of a planet.

But I will say this, after seeing tonights episode of SG-1 I am convinced of a few things.

That the Orii can do ANYTHING they want, when they want. Even putting a stargate the size of a planet anywhere they want.

That the Orii are convinced they are 'gods" and that the Ancients from our Galaxy are evil.
      This SHOULD prove interesting as this story line unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
        I also read something about a Stargate the size of a planet.

But I will say this, after seeing tonights episode of SG-1 I am convinced of a few things.

That the Orii can do ANYTHING they want, when they want. Even putting a stargate the size of a planet anywhere they want.

That the Orii are convinced they are 'gods" and that the Ancients from our Galaxy are evil.
        This SHOULD prove interesting as this story line unfolds.
        I agree in principle that the Ori are capable of almost anything... but for them to use their powers directly in our galaxy, they'd have to get around the Asended Ancients here. We simply don't know enough about the distribution of power among the ascended beings to determine whether or not the Ori could do that, or if the Ancients could stop them from doing it.

Given this 'Hypergate" spoiler, I'd say Daniel was correct about what he said in tonights episode, 'Origin'. He said that he thought that the sending of a Prior to our galaxy might eventually escalate to a full fledge crusade. The Doci said they would raise an army, and build ships to go out into the universe and convert others to Origin. Meaning the humans, and even some of the aliens of our galaxy will need to work together to fight it. The Jaffa (a people, or more correctly several peoples, as they vary in custom and tradition despite their similiarities) will need to get their act together. The galaxy will need such a large and fully trained fighting force to combat the armies of the Ori. Our need to produce more ships will be understandable in light of the need to prepare for the invasion.

That is precisely what it will be... an invasion. A galaxy-wide invasion. As if we didn't have enough to deal with in Pegasus with the Wraith, now we have beings far, far more powerful coming here anyways. I suppose though... in the short term consequences, that an Ori invasion would be preferable to the Wraith. In the short term. The Wraith would eat us, the Ori would convert us, and likely destroy the Wraith if they came along, then afterwards send Priors to Pegasus to convert the humans there too. However, I think that the many worlds of our galaxy would be far better off, banding together in an alliance against the Ori.

...and that is why they would build a Hypergate. For the invasion. The hypergate would be a primary target against the Ori, because if you destroy the hypergate, it would slow them down. They'd have to build a new hypergate to continue sending ships and troops. The Ori might power such a gate in their galaxy with their 'freaky cosmic' powers, but what would they use in our galaxy, where the Ancients might prevent them? Or perhaps the trip for their troops and ships would be one-way, as it is for their Priors. After all, you only need to power ONE of the two gates, to open a wormhole between them. Hmmm...
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Me, well I'd have to hang out in Thor's galaxy for a while, until this whole Ori Crusade, dies down a little.

Comment

Personally I'm not so sure the hypergate is a "stargate".My guess is that it's an artificial wormhole that's open 24/7.

It might be powered by Zero Point Energy and only needed to consume the whole planet for the initial creation.
            Using Mass->Energy 100% conversion a planet can produce quite alot of energy. If Earth was used it would produce ((5.9742e24)*((3e8)^2)) Joule... Quite alot... calculating it in my head i get 5.4e41 Joule.

With no real physical structure to destroy, and probably a fleet of ships defending it (while another fleet converts/destroys planets) coming up, and executing, a random sci-fi plot to close the wormhole would be impossible.

What the MW will need is the Jaffa fleet of ~100+ Ha'tak, As many ships Earth can produce, the Asgard and other minor(or unknown major) players. Heck even the Lucian Alliance might chip in while still doing whatever they're doing in MW that's so evil.
            Last edited by aAnubiSs; 30 July 2005, 02:32 AM. Reason: minor spelling errors

Comment

and atlantis as the flagship, shiped back from pegasus by the asgard
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

of course u know that u could wait for the gate to be activated then use the old explosive to the event horizion trick and i think that should solve the problem as i don't think that our galaxy would have another gate that sized so the fleet would be stuffed, just have to do that then either take the gate apart to build more ships or put something that could stop a worm hole establishing(or a black hole). Ethire that or pray thoes acients have some powers that we have yet to see along the lines of fleet ancient clicks fingers mistical iris appears fleet goes splat.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

While there is a sadist part of me that would ABSOLUTLY love to see the Orii and the Ancients have a royal rumble, one of which could destroy entire galaxies. I think that the Orii aren't going to come themselves, they just may send a butt load of Priors and Doci to do the job. And I would love to see the Wraith get there asses kicked by the Orii. You are absolutly correct in saying that the entire population of this Galaxy and perhaps the Asgard need to band together and battle the warriors sent by the Orii. However, I feel that no matter what the Orii would and could win out right if the Ancients don't interfere. But as you said we don't know the power levels of either. Being we know the Ancients ascended, but we don't know how many, and with what the Prior said, almost ANYONE and every ones Ascends when they pass, and if the people left behind on the home world of the Ancients ascened at the same time, we don't know how many people ascended since the inital ascention. It's a all a numbers game and it should prove interesting to say the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
                    While there is a sadist part of me that would ABSOLUTLY love to see the Orii and the Ancients have a royal rumble, one of which could destroy entire galaxies. I think that the Orii aren't going to come themselves, they just may send a butt load of Priors and Doci to do the job. And I would love to see the Wraith get there asses kicked by the Orii. You are absolutly correct in saying that the entire population of this Galaxy and perhaps the Asgard need to band together and battle the warriors sent by the Orii. However, I feel that no matter what the Orii would and could win out right if the Ancients don't interfere. But as you said we don't know the power levels of either. Being we know the Ancients ascended, but we don't know how many, and with what the Prior said, almost ANYONE and every ones Ascends when they pass, and if the people left behind on the home world of the Ancients ascened at the same time, we don't know how many people ascended since the inital ascention. It's a all a numbers game and it should prove interesting to say the very least.
                    Well, according to Anubis in Threads, it was the 'collective' power of the Ancients that kept him from doing anything major. So we have at least some evidence that it may indeed be a numbers game. Surely, however, the Ascended Ancients would know that and take steps to defend themselves and their ideals. That may be what Oma Desala and her order were doing. Actually, even though Oma herself is occupied with fighting Anubis, that does not mean that the Order she established isn't still operating. Shifu, Scarra, the monk of Keb, and nearly the entire population of Abydos were helped to ascend by her, so it isn't unreasonable to believe that they are still following her path, by helping others to Ascend, just as Daniel was doing while he was Ascended.

As to the 'Crusade' against the Milky Way that the Ori are planning, the Ancients will definitely not prevent that. Which in of itself will be very bad... Remember the Ori, are themselves Ancients... just a different branch with different philosophies, not unlike the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra. So when the armies and ships of the Ori come with their Prior and Doci commanders, we will be dealing with Ancients technology. So Daniel is very right to be concerned. The technology we are gaining from the Atlantis Expedition is more important than ever now. It might be prudent to actually get a team of Asgard over their to help us unlock the secrets as quickly as possible. However, I somehow doubt that will happen.

One fortunate thing we have going for us is this... The Ori were not aware of us until recently, and they had no need for a standing army or ships to carry them until now. As the Doci said, they will have to train troops and build ships, and that will take some time. However, when they do come, they will be flying ships that will likely be at least the equal of the Asgard ships. Also, since they've already sent a vanguard, the Prior missionaries, to convert people to their side already here, they are adding to their numbers. Yep, I can understand why Daniel would be scared. I would be.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                      It seems to me, that I remember having read (in a spoiler somewhere) that the Ori have stargates, or 'A' stargate that was the size of a planet. I can only think of ONE reason for that. It would be used exclusively to send ships to our galaxy en mass. It seems to me, that it is no longer a stargate, but has jumped to a full fledged Hypergate. It is capable of transporting ships across the universe in an instant. You don't build something like that with the intention of sending just one ship somewhere. Your planning on having lots of traffic going through.

One might assume that you'd need an equally large Hypergate (I will continue to refer to the 'planet sized' stargates in this why from now on), here in our galaxy for them to come out the other side. So the Ori will have to use their (in Jack's words... ) 'freaky cosmic powers' to 'teleport' a hypergate here, or they'd have to send some of their followers in a spaceship to either transport, or build one here. Then, consider the power requirements of such a thing...! Not only is the size of a "planet", it is also going to be used to connect a big wormhole between galaxies, that are likely very distant from one another. Yowzer..! Scaaaaarrrrry..! *whistles* Maybe that Atlantis tech might come in handy...
                      What if the Hypergate doesn't need an exit gate? What if the exit aperture can be anywhere using subspace?
                      Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                      WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by LoveYouBaby
                        What if the Hypergate doesn't need an exit gate? What if the exit aperture can be anywhere using subspace?
                        I kind of doubt that. Given that the writers are calling it a 'stargate'-the-size-of-a-planet... I think the writers invisioned it as basically beings a stargate, just more than large enough to transport an entire armada of ships at once. Since stargates require another stargate at the exit point, it is reasonable to assume that they will need a second 'hypergate' here in our galaxy. Even in the movie 'Lost in Space', they needed a second hypergate to control their exit vector when traveling in hyperspace, otherwise their course and exit from hyperspace would be totally random. Granted, the psuedo-physics of Stargate are a little different, but they are still based on the same actual theoretical possibilities that science is currently exploring. So... do I know for certain at this point? No... but I do think it is a reasonable assumption to make given what we know. Call it an 'educated guess'.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

if the ori have a hypergate than wouldn't they just put it in front of earth and use the excess energy/ the flush (the thing that happens when the gate is turned on) to just destroy earth and place a planet of their choosing in its place?

Comment

Originally posted by acended phoenix
                            if the ori have a hypergate than wouldn't they just put it in front of earth and use the excess energy/ the flush (the thing that happens when the gate is turned on) to just destroy earth and place a planet of their choosing in its place?
                            For all we know the flush might not be propotainal(sp?) to the size of the gate and secondly they do want to rule something afterwards.Because at the current moment they dont consider us a threat.
                            Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                            Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                            - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                            - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

I wonder is acenstion about the number of u who acende or thoes who ascend with help have less power than thoes that ascend through discovery of the path on their own? If the first one is the case then the ancients probaly wont be able to beat the orri but if the second is correct well we could have a fight on our hands.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                              O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Working...
                              X