Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why did they change the asgaard langauge to crap?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why did they change the asgaard langauge to crap?

It used to sound so cool - now its just english run backwards

well we didnt hear much of the original, and they did say that they knew many languages they may have not been talking in asgard or maybe hermiod doesnt speake asgard just backwards english to see if we could learn what hes saying later

Comment

I suppose because it makes watching SGA more fun.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah, we dont really know if hes supposed to be speaking asgaard or not

Comment

well Michael Shanks does Thor's voice... probably McKay does Hermoids... aka the similarities.
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

They could use backward English for Hermiod as a way of slipping in in-jokes and other different comments. Like with Zelenka, apparently some of his Czech dialogue in season one made jokes about the cast and crew and the like.

Comment

It's not changed to crap It's actually more fun this way, it just sounds less impressive. Though it may not actually be official Asgard language, it just seems likely, but we will see...
              Hermiod Translations found HERE

Comment

I think it still sounds pretty cool. No, not as impressive, but I love that it's backwards English that some fans (as in okrichie ) can figure out.
                gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                  They could use backward English for Hermiod as a way of slipping in in-jokes and other different comments. Like with Zelenka, apparently some of his Czech dialogue in season one made jokes about the cast and crew and the like.
                  Lol. All Zelenka's dialogue was scripted and refered to whatever was going on in the episode. No jokes about cast and crew. Mr Nykl, apparently, does make fun of the cast and crew on set though since no one knows what he's saying.

Comment

Nope, sorry...it's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                      Nope, sorry...it's crap.
                      It's not that crap, maybe it's their way to make jokes from our own language.
                      Once cut and reversed it gets quite enlightening actually, and I tend to agree with him... When will these humans learn that there are consequences to actions ?

Comment

It's not crap. I din't even notice the difference till someone pointed it out. And it still sounds like Asgard to me, except now we can figure out what he is saying.
                        Hermoid voice is done by Peter Deluise. I just read the Post were Joe answered that question.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

wait wait - I missed that ep - an Asgard named 'Hermoid'??
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                            It's not crap. I din't even notice the difference till someone pointed it out. And it still sounds like Asgard to me, except now we can figure out what he is saying.
                            So because you are dense the rest of us have to suffer? Baah! I think it sounds like crap, and its probably another case of saving money, and hey when they lowest common denominater doesn't notice who cares. Its all about money after all.

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                            Hermoid voice is done by Peter Deluise. I just read the Post were Joe answered that question.
                            Really? Does he also explain why he goes by the name Trevor Devall when he voices him?

Comment

Probably lazyness, and its easier to just play English backwards.
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                              X