This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you wondered?

have you ever wondered why the jaffa never get better armour? i mean the guns just shoot right through them.
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

cos its a tv program, and if they did SG-1 couldnt kill them as easily

but then Anubis created that super soldier armour, so they did get it inda end!

Comment

Yes! I do wonder about that!! They might have an excuse for Earth weapons being able to shoot right through them (though you'd think they'd have done something about it by now!) but they don't even protect against staffs & zats - I mean, wouldn't that be what the armour was made for in the first place?

Comment

That is indeed true. If they were gonna have armour it might as well protect them against the weapons that are being used against them....but then that wouldn't make for such a delightful shower of sparks

Plus if they didn't have any armour there'd probably be blood everywhere. Not nice...
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

the helmets and top of the armour are invulnerable to bullets, its just the bit near the puch which is vulnerable. Not fantastic armour i grant, but still its armour nevertheless! and besides, if jaffa are fighting jaffa, staff weapons are easy to dodge, its like

"staff fire"
          step left
          "chump"

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
            That is indeed true. If they were gonna have armour it might as well protect them against the weapons that are being used against them....but then that wouldn't make for such a delightful shower of sparks
            Ah, very good point! I suppose fight scenes wouldn't be quite as exciting without stuff like that...

Comment

The armour is for show and for defending against primitive weapons like arrows and axes (although c.f. Thor's Chariot); in a Jaffa-vs.-Jaffa fight the Goa'uld don't much care how many of their soldiers die.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                The armour is for show and for defending against primitive weapons like arrows and axes (although c.f. Thor's Chariot); in a Jaffa-vs.-Jaffa fight the Goa'uld don't much care how many of their soldiers die.
                Of course they dont! The Goa'uld view Jaffa as merely expendable labour, much like the ancient Pharaohs of Egypt (who mainly used paid labor, not slaves as many people think) viewed thier fanatically loyal subjects.
                [email protected]

One nation under dog
                A face in the crowd
                Unsung, against the mold
                Without a doubt
                Singled out
                The only way I know

Comment

Not to mention that you gotta remember that the Goa'uld are a scavenger race, and maybe lots of new suits o' armor based on new tech aren't exactly easy to come by and fit to all Jaffa, not to mention feuding between System Lords screamin' "GIMME THAT ARMOR!"
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

plus, ya know, Zat guns deliver an electrical charge, jaffa wear metal armour, metal is a conductor for electricity. do ya see where i'm goin' with this?

Comment

Ooooh thats clever....
                      [email protected]

One nation under dog
                      A face in the crowd
                      Unsung, against the mold
                      Without a doubt
                      Singled out
                      The only way I know

Comment

I can imagine it now... one of the rare survivors of a Goa'uld all-out attack...

"YOU PICKED THE WRONG RACE TO SCAVENGE FROM! MUA HA HA HA!"
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Yeah, the Jeffa are a but 'duh' with their metal armour
                          __

__

Comment

It couldn't possibly serve any useful purpose, it is bulky ,and Bra'tac has that long shroud thing he has to carry over his arm, and how in the way is a zat going to be on your wrist. I think the armor is a Jaffa macho thing .Its big tuff guy armor.

Comment

the Jaffa seem to put a lot of value on traditions, I'm guessing that the armor and assorted attire are more of a traditional dress (sort of a national costume...) and the Jaffa wouldn't change even if they could, cause ya can't mess with tradition.

Comment

Working...
                              X