This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if??...

What of the replicators where to fight the wraith somehow???
    who do you reckon would win??

think i might side with the Replicators seen as they have no life force to be sucked out of them?

what does everyone else think?!?!!?

I would say it would be the replicators but then agian we don't know alot about the wraith to say that they are weaker then the replicators, they did defeat the ancients.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by ascended
      think i might side with the Replicators seen as they have no life force to be sucked out of them?
      They have no life force that we would recognize as such, it doesn't mean they're lifeless. Therein lies a big argument about what constitutes life and what right we have (or don't have) to push our definitions onto other organisms.

I'd side with the Reps because A) It's the devil we know, B) I've always been an advocate of AI rights and C) Based on what little I know of the Wraith, the Replicators seem more interesting.

Comment

oooh yer gud point, they could have an AI life force cudnt they?
        even though they do, the Wraith, so ive heard, have amazing regeneration abilities, so it could be a realy good battle...

maybe that could be a Stargate finale,they obliterate eachother, and we can live in peace for a short while...till the goauld decide they want to have another go at us...

Comment

Originally posted by ascended
          even though they do, the Wraith, so ive heard, have amazing regeneration abilities, so it could be a realy good battle...
          If the Reps could find a way to feed off that regenerative ability (maybe they can hybridize themselves using sarc tech) then the Wraith could be the perfect food source, constantly regenerating itself. Or near enough as makes no nevermind.

Comment

if replicators can beat up the asgard, they can beat up ther wraith. Im under the thought that the asgard can take on the wraith. Nobody has said the asgard are less advanced than the ancients, and the asgard could make a stargate anyday!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp
              if replicators can beat up the asgard, they can beat up ther wraith. Im under the thought that the asgard can take on the wraith. Nobody has said the asgard are less advanced than the ancients, and the asgard could make a stargate anyday!

yer but ang on, we took out a wedge of the replicators with our 'simple thinking' as the asgards put it. We dont think like they do, the asgard would have never even dreamt of blowing up the O'Neill! But we dont kno about the Wraith, and how they think...so maybe they could..

Comment

And do the Wraith have tech that the Reps can steal? They don't actually do much of the bio-assimilation.

Heh; just got an image of the Keeper facing off against First, her with a hand in his chest and he with a hand in her head and just standing there for ever and ever.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  And do the Wraith have tech that the Reps can steal? They don't actually do much of the bio-assimilation.
                  I know. *sigh* But I was hoping they'd be able to adapt if the energy source seemed great enough.

Comment

After the replicators assimilated the Wraith, along with the Slogan 'Resistance is Futile', they all went back in time a few thousand years, moved to the delta quandrant of the milky way, and waited....

...wait....that's....wrong :onder::
                    sigpic

Comment

Imagine Wraith-Replicator hybrids: they could suck the life out of you AND your technology!

Comment

Shades of the Borg! It's tough enough to deal with baddies one at a time without having compound baddies.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                          Shades of the Borg! It's tough enough to deal with baddies one at a time without having compound baddies.
                          Granted, there would probably be invariable comparisons to the Borg and given my... disaffection of TPTB, I'd be tempted to think that a cheap ripoff of the Borg would be exactly what we'd get... but I still think there could be some interesting possibilities there that could be divergent from the Trek universe.

Imagine a fleet of interstellar Marie Celestes, floating through the universe, apparently abandoned. You board one to try and figure out what happened and gradually find yourself growing weaker and weaker... and suddenly your equipment isn't working... by the time you realize the truth, it's too late. Maybe the sip will even suddenly zip into hyperspace so it can go somewhere quiet to digest its meal...

Carnivorous starships. Gotta love that.

Comment

Mmmmm....people...... <drool>
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeha, face it, if you wanna make comparisons, then the Replicators as they are currently are like a cross between:

ALIENS (face-hugger-like mannerisms when it comes to the bugs' behavior and acid spray), BORG (assimilation of technology, won't attack unless they consider you a threat), and TERMINATOR (humanform)

I like the Replicators the best though. Are all the moving ones on the show CGI, or are any animatronic (like Lego Bioncle )?

ShadowMaat, that sounds kind of like Event Horizon?
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                              X