PDA

View Full Version : What if??...

ascended
June 23rd, 2004, 12:59 PM
What of the replicators where to fight the wraith somehow???
who do you reckon would win??

think i might side with the Replicators seen as they have no life force to be sucked out of them? :rolleyes:

what does everyone else think?!?!!?

Wass
June 23rd, 2004, 01:04 PM
I would say it would be the replicators but then agian we don't know alot about the wraith to say that they are weaker then the replicators, they did defeat the ancients.

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 01:06 PM
think i might side with the Replicators seen as they have no life force to be sucked out of them? :rolleyes:
They have no life force that we would recognize as such, it doesn't mean they're lifeless. Therein lies a big argument about what constitutes life and what right we have (or don't have) to push our definitions onto other organisms. ;)

I'd side with the Reps because A) It's the devil we know, B) I've always been an advocate of AI rights and C) Based on what little I know of the Wraith, the Replicators seem more interesting.

ascended
June 23rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
oooh yer gud point, they could have an AI life force cudnt they?
even though they do, the Wraith, so ive heard, have amazing regeneration abilities, so it could be a realy good battle...

maybe that could be a Stargate finale,they obliterate eachother, and we can live in peace for a short while...till the goauld decide they want to have another go at us...

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 01:16 PM
even though they do, the Wraith, so ive heard, have amazing regeneration abilities, so it could be a realy good battle...
If the Reps could find a way to feed off that regenerative ability (maybe they can hybridize themselves using sarc tech) then the Wraith could be the perfect food source, constantly regenerating itself. Or near enough as makes no nevermind. ;)

Bogopimp
June 23rd, 2004, 01:26 PM
if replicators can beat up the asgard, they can beat up ther wraith. Im under the thought that the asgard can take on the wraith. Nobody has said the asgard are less advanced than the ancients, and the asgard could make a stargate anyday!

ascended
June 23rd, 2004, 01:41 PM
if replicators can beat up the asgard, they can beat up ther wraith. Im under the thought that the asgard can take on the wraith. Nobody has said the asgard are less advanced than the ancients, and the asgard could make a stargate anyday!

yer but ang on, we took out a wedge of the replicators with our 'simple thinking' as the asgards put it. We dont think like they do, the asgard would have never even dreamt of blowing up the O'Neill! But we dont kno about the Wraith, and how they think...so maybe they could..

Mr Prophet
June 23rd, 2004, 02:14 PM
And do the Wraith have tech that the Reps can steal? They don't actually do much of the bio-assimilation.

Heh; just got an image of the Keeper facing off against First, her with a hand in his chest and he with a hand in her head and just standing there for ever and ever.

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 02:19 PM
And do the Wraith have tech that the Reps can steal? They don't actually do much of the bio-assimilation.
I know. *sigh* But I was hoping they'd be able to adapt if the energy source seemed great enough. ;)

Mio
June 23rd, 2004, 03:07 PM
After the replicators assimilated the Wraith, along with the Slogan 'Resistance is Futile', they all went back in time a few thousand years, moved to the delta quandrant of the milky way, and waited....

...wait....that's....wrong ::ponder::

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Imagine Wraith-Replicator hybrids: they could suck the life out of you AND your technology! ;)

Nolamom
June 23rd, 2004, 03:31 PM
Shades of the Borg! It's tough enough to deal with baddies one at a time without having compound baddies.

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Shades of the Borg! It's tough enough to deal with baddies one at a time without having compound baddies.
Granted, there would probably be invariable comparisons to the Borg and given my... disaffection of TPTB, I'd be tempted to think that a cheap ripoff of the Borg would be exactly what we'd get... but I still think there could be some interesting possibilities there that could be divergent from the Trek universe.

Imagine a fleet of interstellar Marie Celestes, floating through the universe, apparently abandoned. You board one to try and figure out what happened and gradually find yourself growing weaker and weaker... and suddenly your equipment isn't working... by the time you realize the truth, it's too late. Maybe the sip will even suddenly zip into hyperspace so it can go somewhere quiet to digest its meal...

Carnivorous starships. Gotta love that. ;)

Mio
June 23rd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Mmmmm....people...... <drool>

Torley
June 23rd, 2004, 11:00 PM
Yeha, face it, if you wanna make comparisons, then the Replicators as they are currently are like a cross between:

ALIENS (face-hugger-like mannerisms when it comes to the bugs' behavior and acid spray), BORG (assimilation of technology, won't attack unless they consider you a threat), and TERMINATOR (humanform)

I like the Replicators the best though. Are all the moving ones on the show CGI, or are any animatronic (like Lego Bioncle ;) )?

:) ShadowMaat, that sounds kind of like Event Horizon?

VirtualCLD
July 15th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Imagine a fleet of interstellar Marie Celestes, floating through the universe, apparently abandoned. You board one to try and figure out what happened and gradually find yourself growing weaker and weaker... and suddenly your equipment isn't working... by the time you realize the truth, it's too late. Maybe the sip will even suddenly zip into hyperspace so it can go somewhere quiet to digest its meal...

Carnivorous starships. Gotta love that. ;)

Reminds me of "the Beast" from HW: Cataclysm. I kind of like that idea though... but how long before people start to catch on that everytime they board some supposedly abandoned vessel, the boarding party is never heard from again. Maybe the devourer should destroy the vessel that boarded it. Or better yet, take it as its own and make it a devourer too... OK, now it's really sounding like the Beast, scratch that.

aAnubiSs
July 15th, 2004, 05:49 AM
all reps are CGI.

Ancient 1
August 11th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Seems like the Tollans can too!

jpf190279
August 11th, 2004, 12:49 PM
So far I'd have to say the Replicators can beat the wraith simply on the fact that I doubt the Wraiths energy weapons would have an effect on the replicators. And also since the replicators would quickly assimulate wraith technology. The only concern I would have is that the wraith may have a LOT of foot soldiers and a lot of dart fighters. I don't think we have seen the true measure of the Wraiths power yet. If we have, as in if all they have is one uber mothership and a few dart fighters and a lot of ground troops then I'm very disappointed.

However read spoiler below...

If the wraith reproduce like I think they do, be interfusing their dna into human victims which I think is shown in these images http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/109.shtml then I think we maybe in for one tuff ride.