my ideas if they ever make another star trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ideas if they ever make another star trek

1. more dark have the federation run into an enemy that wipes out most of the federation. make a show about how they have to put the pieces back together. isn't time we lose a war. I do have to give credit someone came up with this idea along time ago on gateworld I wish I could remember their name
    2. maybe a show about the special ops section 13 a more militaristic show.

3. how about a show set 600 years in the future. I was interested in what this version of the federation might be like after watching the time traveling episodes on enterprise.

I love the idea of a fallen Federation.

The idea about the 600+ years into the future, though...not so much. Only reason is that it's be very hard to imagine life in the 26th or 27th century. "Do they use push buttons or flat panel pads or holographic interface?" kind of thing. The Original Series was set in the 23rd century but made in the 1960s. It was hard for people to imagine media storage devices the size of a pen cap or buttons that aren't really buttons at all, more like a circuit completed by touching a LCD screen or whatever.

Basically, what I'm saying is that we shouldn't push too far into the future.

Comment

I think a show set in the 26th century - some way between the 24th and 29th century stories. This would allow for your idea, which I like, about having an age of darkness for the Federation, something which could've developed over time from the issues raised in "Insurrection" where the main idea is the ageing of the Federation and it's ideals.

Such a series would have so many plus points. The first signs of time travel technology, more war-orientated starships, plenty of new planets which have been explored or need to be explored, less sense of security etc.

Very good idea!
      //

O'Neill: Phasers?
      Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Yeah, imagining the future is very difficult. If we go too far, we can stretch plausability thin. As it is some of the technology we currently have available to us seems equal or superior in appearance to that of ST: TNG so at the very least, some redesigning would be in order.

The idea of a fallen federation is a good one. I would like to see that. It would offer them an opportunity to revisit some of the cultures established in TNG, something I've always wanted to see. It's a pity the slipped so much travel from the future into the Voyager and at least once that I recall in TNG; it creates a few limits we could have done without.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

All time travel things are generally 29th century related which was obviously when the time commitee was formed and began it's observance of other centuries. That's why I think it'd be best to go to the 26th or 27th which is the time period, I think, the Enterprise J is from.
          //

O'Neill: Phasers?
          Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by jsw
            1. more dark have the federation run into an enemy that wipes out most of the federation. make a show about how they have to put the pieces back together. isn't time we lose a war. I do have to give credit someone came up with this idea along time ago on gateworld I wish I could remember their name.
            Rodenberry drafted Andromeda as a show with a darker environment due to the Commonwealth's (Their Federation's) fall. One of the original writers of DS9 wrote most of the first season arc, and the episodes were incredible. Unfortunately, he was sent packing, and the writers replacing him didn't bother to reference his notes. By the fifth season, the show was nothing but inconsistencies, glitches, and Hercules in space.
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I think they should do a Starfleet R&D show. It'll involve a team of starfleet doctors, scientists and archaeologists who go to places and check out ruins of some ancient civilization and discover new technology or have Starfleet bring them equipment found on expiditions or alien devices they don't know what it's used for.

Also, the R&D team could brain-storm new technology for the Federation in a pinch like better phasers or much more powerful torpedoes or even that "bat-armor" furure Janeway brought to present Janeway to fight the Borg.

It'd be headed up or commanded by Lt. Commander Nog, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by jsw
                1. more dark have the federation run into an enemy that wipes out most of the federation. make a show about how they have to put the pieces back together. isn't time we lose a war. I do have to give credit someone came up with this idea along time ago on gateworld I wish I could remember their name
                2. maybe a show about the special ops section 13 a more militaristic show.

3. how about a show set 600 years in the future. I was interested in what this version of the federation might be like after watching the time traveling episodes on enterprise.
                I like #2, but have it be say in the 25th century during a full-scale war that covers the galaxy. Guess why I like it is cuz I like to play games like Counter Strike and Half-Life.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                My deviantART profile

Comment

Hmmm, what would I do if they gave me the key´s to the franchise? Now I personally feel that something different is needed.

Idea #1: A long range prope discovers a multy race civilisation that spans many hundreds of solarsystems. A team is sent undercover to study them in order to make sure that they are friendly. The show would mainly be focused around espionage and the team would get sucked into the local political stuggle. No starship, no solving all the galaxies proplems.

Idea #2: Set in the 26th century. A series of incidents have caused a rift between various member races of the federation and is threatening to rip it apart. High ranking humans are startingto wonder why they put up with the other races (humans do seem to do most of the work in starfleet) and if maybe they wouldn´t be better of going at it solo. The shows heroes would of course be fighting against this and trying to keep the federation from falling apart.

Ok, I´m out of ideas for the moment but will post them as they come to me

Comment

What about a show where the Federation sets up shop on an uninhabited planet, and they struggle to build a working civilization? Their allies could also try to set up societies on the planet, and we could see different factions in political conflict, struggling to prevent a miniature war.

They could call it Star Trek: Missionary.
                    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Working...
                    X