Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My editing of THREADS...noticed some things (and have questions)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My editing of THREADS...noticed some things (and have questions)

I fixed the major damage to my digital copy (from a slightly damaged VHS tape of the original airing) with a not too shabby editing job, borrowing bits from the one hour version.

Didn't come out half bad. I'm very happy with the results.

Noticed one thing tho' (which maybe has been discussed to death already...)

When Oma is sitting at Daniel's booth and telling him why he wasn't allowed to execute Anubis, you-know-who immediately comes in, whistling (of all things) the song AMAZING GRACE! (Sometimes used as a funeral song.)

What a scum. He knows he's about to destroy all life in the galaxy and already starts dropping hints.

NASTY man.

Oh, and here's two questions for you all-

If Oma's going to be "busy" for all eternity, and she also isn't allowed to mess with mortal doings anyway, WHO STOPPED THE SELF DESTRUCT AT THE SGC?

Daniel later said it wasn't him.

More than that, if Oma was busy wrestling with Anubis, who helped Daniel finish ascending so he could then return to solid form?

Daniel wouldn't need help finishing ascending. Oma told him that she basically plucked him out of the Replicator ship and dropped him on that in-between plane of existence, and that from there, it was all up to Daniel himself. He had to choose to ascend or die. The only thing keeping him from choosing to ascend again was that he knew he wouldn't be able to fight Anubis and he knew he wouldn't be able to remember anything from that in-between plane to help SG-1 with. Once Oma occupied Anubis, Daniel would've been free to ascend, turn off the self-destruct at the SGC, and shut down the gate. Then, he would've been free to descend again but would've forgotten about what he'd done as an ascended being again.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by ECN
      I fixed the major damage to my digital copy (from a slightly damaged VHS tape of the original airing) with a not too shabby editing job, borrowing bits from the one hour version.

Didn't come out half bad. I'm very happy with the results.

Noticed one thing tho' (which maybe has been discussed to death already...)

When Oma is sitting at Daniel's booth and telling him why he wasn't allowed to execute Anubis, you-know-who immediately comes in, whistling (of all things) the song AMAZING GRACE! (Sometimes used as a funeral song.)

What a scum. He knows he's about to destroy all life in the galaxy and already starts dropping hints.

NASTY man.

Oh, and here's two questions for you all-

If Oma's going to be "busy" for all eternity, and she also isn't allowed to mess with mortal doings anyway, WHO STOPPED THE SELF DESTRUCT AT THE SGC?

Daniel later said it wasn't him.

More than that, if Oma was busy wrestling with Anubis, who helped Daniel finish ascending so he could then return to solid form?
      Maybe, just this once, the ascended beings, who were in the Waffle House, finally did the "right" thing. I know, wishful thinking on my part, but it's Friday, haven't gotten much good news lately, and I guess I need to try and believe in something good. So I'll believe it was them.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Maybe, just this once, the ascended beings, who were in the Waffle House, finally did the "right" thing. I know, wishful thinking on my part, but it's Friday, haven't gotten much good news lately, and I guess I need to try and believe in something good. So I'll believe it was them.
        that's what i thought too.. it seems more believable than daniel ascending then descending again on his own.
        sigpic
        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I dunno.... remember oma said danile choose not to remember......it wasnt a penalty......he could descend and remember if he choose to.

Comment

hello, ecn. welcome to the other place to hang out. all stargate, all the time.

already read this same post at scifi. still no comments.

Comment

Working...
            X