This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must Be Boring On The Daedalus

At the end of The Siege part 3 We Don't see what happens to the Daedalus it is still sitting on the landing pad on Atlantis also what happens when it drops of the crew at the end of the intruder i think it just orbits the planet how boring is that.
    Er This Is Flight I thought We Were Going To Go With GateShip"

"Negative Flight"

"Stand By, It's a Ship That Goes Through The Gate I Er Fine! Puddle Jumper You Are Clear For Launch

Originally posted by Col.Singh
    At the end of The Siege part 3 We Don't see what happens to the Daedalus it is still sitting on the landing pad on Atlantis also what happens when it drops of the crew at the end of the intruder i think it just orbits the planet how boring is that.
    It's their job to orbit the planet. They are there to protect. They can't dedicate every single episode to the Daeldalus you know. You would be bored as hell watching SGA and all you'd be seeing is the Daeldalus!
    -- Mike

Comment

Seems like it's basically the same as what the Prometheus does for Earth. Just floats around out there and watches for trouble.
      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

The transit period would be worse if you ask me. When they're orbiting Earth or Atlantis, at least they can beam down to the planet.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I'm sure it was far more boring being stuck on the ship for over two weeks with nothing to do but read reports and personnel files. Maybe they watched old sg1 episodes on dvd.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yeah, the transit period would suck. It's kind of like a 2-week+ cruise, but with none of the fun stuff. I imagine a lot of the passengers got a lot of reading done. Hell, Sheppard probably finished War & Peace.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't be bored at all. As long as I had/could do 4 things:
              1. Read books
              2. Listen to music
              3. Read reports about missions and the sensors logs, etc
              4. Sit near a viewport and just watch hyperspace (while listening to music)

As long as I could do that every once in a while I'd be quite content with being aboard the Daedalus.
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I wouldnt get bored on the Daedulas at all, here is what I like to do.

1. Flaternize with the female pilot.

that is all I got.
                sigpic
                The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Sew a little Daedalus jumpsuit for Hermie?

Comment

Caldwell probably has drills scheduled to break up the monotony.

Comment

just learning about all of the technology would be more then enough to keep me busy. Plus I would ask hermiod to tell me some asgard stories

Comment

Originally posted by EnjoyIncubus
                        just learning about all of the technology would be more then enough to keep me busy. Plus I would ask hermiod to tell me some asgard stories
                        Hermiod would probably tell you to buzz off in Asgard. He's kind of a grouchy little dude.

Comment

As a ship, there should be plenty of Damage Control Drills, Combat Ready Drills, and sweeping to do!! Also a full schedule of PMS (Preventive Maintenance of Systems). The Asgard systems would not need PMS of course?

I wonder if the Asgard have dust removal technology? Vermin removal technology? Stores (food) were loaded on the ship at earth...you can bet your life bugs and mice will follow us to the Pegasus Galaxy. Unleesss, the Asgard beaming technology can make food ala Star Trek food stations? But not the crappy "yellow ones" pills that Thor likes so much. My favorite activities on board ship would be breakfast, lunch, dinner, midrats (midnight rations).

Oh, the Marines on board should have an acclime (acclimitization) room and gym to work out. One could work out with weights and a speedbag. You could sleep your ass off too. Bank sleep for later!

I suppose they could lay tile in compartments for no particular reason and polish brightwork. Navy people know what I'm talkin about!

Airforce personnel so none of them would know how to scrimshaw!

One could get acquainted with the oft befuddled but uber spunky Novak!
                          "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

It'd be nice if they had a lounge with a pool table or something. I can see it now, Hermiod hustling the entire crew by applying Asgard physics to billiards. He's even get a little cue stick custom made since the standard ones are taller than he is.

Comment

Working...
                            X