Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargates envisioned before the original Stargate movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargates envisioned before the original Stargate movie?

I am relatively new to these forums, and I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed something. There was an old computer strategy game that was released in 1992 by the name Master of Orion. It is a game where a number of alien races build their technology, come into contact with one another, and vie for control of the Orion galaxy. Later on in this game, players can develop stargate technology! It functions and is explained exactly the same way as the stargate movie and TV franchise. It's an artificial wormhole that allows instant transportation to another planet.

So, I have to ask, did the creator of the stargate universe get his inspiration from an old computer game?

Hey welcome to the forum!

Well, seeing as in 1992 I was only 1 year old, I don't remember this game however it sound cool, and it is a nice theory that you have there. I am sure we can build on it. As for the game, I want it, I don't care if it is from 1992, it sounds REALLY COOL! lol.

Seriously though, welcome to the forum.

Owen Macri

Comment

Owen, your only 14, WOW! I took you to be way older then that like in your late 30's or early 40's.

But on this topic something else, I came across a site some years ago talking about a "Stargate", but not in SG-1/SGA terms. But there are simulatrities.

http://home.earthlink.net/~pleiadesx/

And something that may or may not seem quirky, looks like a conspiracytheory site. but it is still interesting to read.

http://70.85.38.54/forum/thread14655/pg6

Comment

It is not surprising that Stargates have been around for a while - They are just devces for creating wormholes which have been theorised about by physicists for at least a 100 years
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

And honestly, I don't see any reason why a advanced group of being can't create something like a gate.

Comment

has anyone actarly realised everytime on science fiction you go through a transporter or a stargate it kills you an makes a carbon copy who thinks they are you

would an advanced race notice that

Comment

Until I started playing that game, I thought stargate was a term invented by the writer(s) who wrote for the movie. I think the fact that stargates are named exactly the same in the game and movie are significant.

Master of Orion is abandonware and it can be downloaded. It's for DOS, so if you are running Windows Xp, you may need Dosbox.

Here you can get the game.

http://www.jonsullivan.com/misc/moo.php3

Here is you can get Dosbox.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
                Owen, your only 14, WOW! I took you to be way older then that like in your late 30's or early 40's.
                only 14 eh... I'm just a few years older than you and share the same interest in sg (obviously, or I wouldn't waste my time on the forum...) and science (i too know my physics and chem well) - however there is one major difference between us - 2000 posts or so... where the hell do you get the time? Or have you been a member since you were 5 yrs old?
                "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

KIDS LIKE STARGATE

ouch, *faints* - realy

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                    2000 posts or so... where the hell do you get the time? Or have you been a member since you were 5 yrs old?
                    Total Posts: 2,324 (12.38 posts per day)
                    Post 12 times a day, and see how meany you get.
                    I feel old at 20 now.
                    This is my sugnature!
                    Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10

But on this topic something else, I came across a site some years ago talking about a "Stargate", but not in SG-1/SGA terms. But there are simulatrities.

http://home.earthlink.net/~pleiadesx/

And something that may or may not seem quirky, looks like a conspiracytheory site. but it is still interesting to read.

http://70.85.38.54/forum/thread14655/pg6
                      Ok, that is freakin sweet. Lol, those sites are awsome I am deffinetly going to check that out in further detial.

Lol, you thought I was forty! I guess I will take that as a compliment! Lol, thank you!

Seriously though, people are talking about stargates a lot know, some people thing think Saddam Hussien had the Stargate in Iraq, and was using another planet to hide his weapons of mass destruction. lol.

Originally posted by cozzerob
                      only 14 eh... I'm just a few years older than you and share the same interest in sg (obviously, or I wouldn't waste my time on the forum...) and science (i too know my physics and chem well) - however there is one major difference between us - 2000 posts or so... where the hell do you get the time? Or have you been a member since you were 5 yrs old?
                      Lol, no I have not been a member since I was five, actually, I just joined this January, but it seems like a lot longer. I just like Science, and 2000+ posts is what you get for being so active. I know it seems like a lot, I can't remember how long it took me to get to 2000, then I blasted from 1000 to 2000 in like three weeks, I couldn't believe it. But it seemed really easy, even though it took me months to get up to one thousand.

KIDS LIKE STARGATE

ouch, *faints* - realy
                      Of course, Stargate just happens to be the best T.V. show ever made! lol.

Originally posted by mightydefiant
                      Total Posts: 2,324 (12.38 posts per day)
                      Post 12 times a day, and see how meany you get.
                      I feel old at 20 now.
                      lol, well I felt like I'd been here a long time when I got to twenty too, it seems like so long ago, but I still can't believe what it felt like to get to twenty, then what it felt like to get to 2000 in like three weeks.

Owen Macri
                      Last edited by _Owen_; 14 April 2008, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        Ok, that is freakin sweet. Lol, those sites are awsome I am deffinetly going to check that out in further detial.

Lol, you thought I was forty! I guess I will take that as a compliment! Lol, thank you!

Seriously though, people are talking about stargates a lot know, some people thing think Saddam Hussien had the Stargate in Iraq, and was using another planet to hide his weapons of mass destruction. lol.

Lol, no I have not been a member since I was five, actually, I just joined this January, but it seems like a lot longer. I just like Science, and 2000+ posts is what you get for being so active. I know it seems like a lot, I can't remember how long it took me to get to 2000, then I blasted from 1000 to 2000 in like three weeks, I couldn't believe it. But it seemed really easy, even though it took me months to get up to one thousand.

Well you guys seem really cool, I would like to talk to you more, if anyone has AIM or MSN Messenger please add me, my AIM screen name is owenmacri, and my e-mail adress is [email protected]. I have those icon things on my user bar, if you forget or something.

Of course, Stargate just happens to be the best T.V. show ever made! lol.

lol, well I felt like I'd been here a long time when I got to twenty too, it seems like so long ago, but I still can't believe what it felt like to get to twenty, then what it felt like to get to 2000 in like three weeks.

So please anyone that wants to add me on your instant messengers, or just e-mail or private message me!

Owen Macri
                        Of course, Stargate just happens to be the best T.V. show ever made! lol

can't argue there

Comment

Absolutely - SG rules. +of course younger ppl like sg - just like older ppl.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Comment

And dwarves, I am sure dwarves like Stargate too. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Random... but i'm sure they do too... My brother likes sg and he's quite short...

Comment

Working...
                              X