No announcement yet.

Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best episode of the year! 5 stars finally some action! what a great show, vala was great! welcome back carter!

Comment

Originally posted by Gargen
      yea rofl but way to many umm "size" jokes if oyu know what i mean maybe it should have been called .....head
      ROFLMAO
      yeah. simplify

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Another absolutely AWESOME episode. The band is truely back together and they are music to this Stargate sg-1 fans ears! Kudos to the writers and the special effects team and the cast. Daniel and Vala's link may be broken but I won't soon forget the comedy and electricity she added. Gen. Landry just keeps getting better and better. The power of the Ori is an enormous threat to the entire universe but this one battle WE WON, thanks to the quick thinking brave actions of Vala. I am SOOOO lovin this season!!!!! Oh and the scene with Teal'c, Vala, Daniel and Mitchell playing basketball was a rare and much appreciated glimpse of the real lives these people have.

Jkrickit

Comment

*begins pulling clumps of hair our*

need...summary...to live...please!

*passes out*

joking
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            UK Spoiler fiend popping in here...

Anyone got a little synopsis on what happened???
            I can give a quick one but some of the writers here can give better ones. Plus I probably will forget somethings in my fannish fawning at the moment.

Prior goest to a planet. The jaffa there tell him to get lost. He uses ori powers to kill them and setup a force field. Some Goa'uld sends a message to earth. Landry interupts a basketball game Teal'c\vala Vs Daniel\Mitchell. T\V were winning. Landry tells them about the goa'uld and takes a shot at the basket.... nothing but net. Then the Fat goa'uld shows up. He likes to eat. He tells SGC about the prior and tells them to take the biggest weapon they have and blow him up (should clue in here that this is a bad idea). Sam comes back. They take prometheus and a really,really,really big bomb (samuels would be proud) and they beam into the vacume in the forcefield where the prior is. They have a pleasent little chat, set the bomb. Garak shows up and starts shooting for fun. Promethous captain and Sam convince him to stop. The team beam back up. Garak has a hissy fit about the Tauri talking not fighting. The bomb blows up..... oooo the bomb powers the forcefield because the goa'uld works for the ori (big suprise.... vala told them so by the way). Inside the forcefield a bunch of "things" come out of the gate (I thought they were puddle jumbers at first)... Garaks fleet is mostly destroyed but oddly prometheous weathers the storm pretty well. Garak runs away. Sam notices the planet is collapsing and that the "things" that came out of the stargate are actually Making a Planet sized stargate. Sam figures the planet is collapsing into a black whole to power the stargate. Vala comes up with a plan to stop it but no one listens... so she just goes and does it... The planet and the gate are destroyed.... vala is likely sent to the Ori universe. Daniel lives.. the end.

wwooo... never done that before... I hope this is what you wanted.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

note to self: don't speed read a summary again

Thankies for the summary I read it too quickly, so I'm going to re-read it!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

This ep really made me think... I wonder how many more gou'ald are working for the ori?

Comment

Originally posted by Balmug
                  This ep really made me think... I wonder how many more gou'ald are working for the ori?
                  Probably everyone that is stupid enough to believe the Ori are going to ascend them so they can become an "actual" gods.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

If the Ori are telling their followers, "When you die you will ascend." I think it's obvious there is no ascending going on.
                    Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Quick thoughts:

- the basketball game was cute/funny, but there have to be at least 200 people working in Cheyenne Mountain at any given time... why were all four of these people hanging out together? Which brings me to...

- Vala in proximity to Daniel. I **know** the bracelets had them linked together, but a) the effects were wearing off, and b) just because they have to stay in a certain proximity to each other doesn't mean they have to be TIED AT THE HIP. For all Daniel professed to not wanting her around (and I believe it), he sure didn't push her away. (I'm tempted to make another bullet point about the fact that she's at EVERY meeting in the briefing room. But I won't belabor the point.)

- the scene w/ Landry on the phone w/ Jack was cute, as Sam materialized as if by magic. YAY, SAM!!! to make a pun based on an old '70s TV show, all I can say is: Welcome back, Carter. (ha ha! please, don't throw tomatoes!) However, on the other hand.....

- did anyone else get a tremendous sense of anticlimax when Sam was briefing the rest of the team in the control room? We didn't get to see any "hello" hugs, or anyone welcoming her back at all. Why not show that? It's been five weeks coming.

- I can't believe it didn't occur to anyone that using weapons might make the force field grow stronger. SG-1 has seen it before, and I predicted it way before they realized it

- I noticed that Garek used the term "beachhead," just as the captain of the Prometheus did, and subsequently SG-1 did as well. Sounded way too coincidental.

- I couldn't tell if the Goa'uld guy (at first I thought they said his name was Uterus) really believed the spiel the Ori were spouting, or if he had some sort of angle. I don't buy the fact that a Goa'uld (as opposed to a Jaffa) would easily, willingly follow someone else who demanded to be worshipped.

- Good to see Landry acting like a general, but WHAT is up with that stupid leather jacket?? He wears it INDOORS, for heaven's sake. Also, he seemed to be walking with a broomstick up his butt.

Comment

Beachead is a common military term.

beachhead

n. fortified area established by invading forces

Comment

a plaent sized stargate? wow

ships? well, i guess that makes sense since the ori told them to build ships!!!

damn, its good to have ascended knowledge huh
                          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I made the prediction of them building the planet sized stargate within the Milky Way in another thread, I think they'll try again. I hope they try again. I want to see that gate go active.

Comment

i think the Ori and the Goa'uld are working together way more than we think.

I loved the basketball scene! That's a perfect place for a hoop! What a great idea! Let's see...golf, basketball... I'd love to see some tennis and field hockey in there!!!

CARTER!!!!!!! I LOVE CARTER!!!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy to see her back! I liked her line about Vala being a "back up singer." I kinda wish they talked more though because I'd would have liked to have seen how those two would get along.

I'm so sad about Vala I hope she comes back because I really grew to love her.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
                                i think the Ori and the Goa'uld are working together way more than we think.

I loved the basketball scene! That's a perfect place for a hoop! What a great idea! Let's see...golf, basketball... I'd love to see some tennis and field hockey in there!!!

CARTER!!!!!!! I LOVE CARTER!!!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy to see her back! I liked her line about Vala being a "back up singer." I kinda wish they talked more though because I'd would have liked to have seen how those two would get along.

I'm so sad about Vala I hope she comes back because I really grew to love her.
                                They had "table tennis". Teal'c is really good at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X