This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

star wars fans

just out of curiosity, how many of you are starwars fans?

I am a big Star Wars fan. It is pretty cool because it deals with space and diffrent races just like Stargate. I also like Star Trek.
    Teal'C: Bla Bla Bla... Said the whole transcript of the
    where all of the Stargates were.

O'Neill: Did you say something??

Comment

I'm a fan of the original IV, V and VI as originally released in the theatres. I will settle for the 1997 re-release with enhanced and cleaned special effects, but not the changes in the story lines. Now I've heard that the original releases will never be released on DVD (as per Lucasfilm's admission) and that the upcoming September DVD release may include even more changes to the original movie, so I'll be sticking to my "fan of the originals" line...
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Me, me!!
        Fans of t he fims and the EU. (thats expanded universe in this case not european union)
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

i'm a big fan of star wars. mostly the original trilogy and the eu, esp. tim zahn's novels.

Comment

I love Star Wars!!! I like the originals better, but the prequels are still pretty good, can't wait until the last installment comes out.
            "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Me to. It seems the orginals are always better than the newer virsions of the origanals. I like Anikan Skywalker before he turned to the dark side.

Comment

I don't have anything against the prequels (Phantom Menace & Attack of the Clones), although they aren't personal favorites. I'm just disappointed that I'll never be able to see or own the original-originals again...as they were released in 1977, 1980 & 1983, digitally remastered but not "enhanced". Sigh...
                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                once done, cannot be undone...
                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Yeah, its a bit disappointing the originals wont be released in their original form anytime soon. Oh well.
                  Having said that, I cant wait for the DVD release.

Comment

Same with me. I liked the prequels but the "original-origanals" were the best. Sadly, we can not see them originally again.

Comment

i have the original originals on laser disc, but with the advent of dvd's laser disc has pretty much died so in a few years, i might have a problem...

i don't really hold a grudge against the special editions. i liked the idea - some of the deleted scenes were interesting, like the one where luke is talking to biggs before they go out to the death star. however, changing the scenes that were already there (the whole "han shoots first!" argument) was stupid. i've never see the rotj special edition, so i don't know if i like the new jabba's palace scene (i think that's what they changed?).

i think what would have been nice is if they put out both versions, perhaps as one dvd with an option to watch either movie. it would cost more, but it would result in happier fans.

Comment

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and my book shelf is dominated by star wars books. Timothy Zahn's books are my favourite. I love the clone wars period and some of my favourite stories are coming out of that. Love all the movies (Though the originals are better). Can't wait for RotS. It's going to be great.
                        "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                        I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

yeah im a fan of Starwars but mainly the first 3 the lastest wons haven't really been that good
                          Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

I have epsidoes IV V and VI originals on VHS. Okay sure not as good or long lasting as DVD might be, but my ending of RotJ doesn't show Corsecount (sp?). My version of New Hope have Luke's speeder with bad grpahic manips under it as it travels.

I don't think I've ever seen the re-worked versions. Maybe I should.

Comment

Originally posted by tlp6191
                              just out of curiosity, how many of you are starwars fans?
                              ::raises hand!!!:: But I think my current sig image just about speaks for itself....
                              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X