This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dakara Weapon to destroy the Ori??

I am not sure if there is a current thread talking about this, but i was thinking about the Atlantis episode where they found the entity that the ancients were study for acension. If they have the right data, could they configure the weapon on Dakara to destory ascened beings since they are a type of energy? They did it for the replicators the same should be possible for asceneded beings. What are your thoughts on it?

We don't even know enough about the Ori to determine if we would want to destroy them.

Comment

The impression "Reckoning" and "Threads" left me with was that the Dakara weapon would have posed no threat to an Ascended being. That's why Anubis had no fear of using it to wipe everyone else out.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Is it just me, or does the dakara weapon no longer exist as the Jaffa destroyed it .

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Yeah anubis had no fear of it.....I think it would be insane to use it to destroy a energy being because it might destroy much more on that level.

Comment

what entity?

Comment

First of all, when we'd try to destroy the Ori with it, then we would wipe out the Ancients too. Secondly I really doubt that Ancients would allow us to destroy them and they would stop us before we could do any damage. Thirdly I doubt that the weapon is capable of destroying ascended beings. I don't think that we could configure it the way you suggested. And last but not least I don't think that the weapon exists anymore. The Jaffa promised to destroy it.

Comment

The weapon was destroyed by the jaffa, also it would not work on them because it was designed to reduce matter to its basic molecular elements. I don't see a way to modify it to destroy ascended energy.

Comment

And surely it will also destroy the ancients aswell - but the weapons is destoryed so there no point.
                  i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Ascended beings exist as pure energy...

Energy cannot be neither created nor destroyed.

But then again the Stargate itself defied some basic laws.

It's doubtful they would even worry about it, unless the second part applies to them: Only converted from one form to another. It would be interesting to see them converted into energy we could use to power Atlantis or something.

Note: I could be wrong. I just remember that law from high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Draugr
                      Ascended beings exist as pure energy...

Energy cannot be neither created nor destroyed.

But then again the Stargate itself defied some basic laws.

It's doubtful they would even worry about it, unless the second part applies to them: Only converted from one form to another. It would be interesting to see them converted into energy we could use to power Atlantis or something.
                      Note: I could be wrong. I just remember that law from high school.
                      like they would let that happen

Comment

The weapon only affects things on the physical plane, by distrupting whatever holds things together (or something like that).

Since energy is, well, energy, it wouldn't affect it.

Oh, and the Jaffa say they destroy it, but we don't know for a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
                          We don't even know enough about the Ori to determine if we would want to destroy them.

Ori - Become our followers or die

That pretty much sums it up. We learned from the Ancient Orlin or however you spell his name risked his life to help Earth & he said that the Ori do not actually ascend their followers & that the Ori ae just using them to gain more power & the fact that the Ori pretty much will not give you any other alternative & will do anything possible to get followers even kll & destroy entire planets is reason enough to destroy them. If you ask me we know enough

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                            I am not sure if there is a current thread talking about this, but i was thinking about the Atlantis episode where they found the entity that the ancients were study for acension. If they have the right data, could they configure the weapon on Dakara to destory ascened beings since they are a type of energy? They did it for the replicators the same should be possible for asceneded beings. What are your thoughts on it?
                            You can't destroy energy.

Comment

The Weapon on Dakara reduces all matter to it's basic molecular elements. Since the ori are energy such a weapon would be useless against them.
                              I want to know how God created this world. I am not intrested in this or that phenomenon. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details.

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X