PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 2 and Indian Spider-Man

D.C.
June 22nd, 2004, 02:27 AM
Anyone looking forward to the next Spider-Man movie? Sam Raimi and David Koepp did an awesome job with the first, hopefully the second will be as good. :)

Also I read this funny thing about an Indian Spider-Man comic:
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9909323%255E13762,00.html

Why's he called Spider-Man if he gets his powers from a Hindu Holy person instead of a radio-active/genetically-altered spider? :)

Madeleine
June 22nd, 2004, 07:09 AM
I'm getting a flashback to that Goodness Gracious Me sketch where the father tells his son that Superman is Indian. "Of course he's Indian. He can run faster than the trains, where but India would that happen? Look at those glasses. Indian, I tell you!"

Maybe the Indian Spiderman got his powers from a spider-charmer?

Bagpuss
June 22nd, 2004, 07:49 AM
LOL !! I watched "GGM" too, and I was thinking the "Indian Spiderman" possibly had his Powers "supplied" by the "Nepotistic Uncle",....the character who could find/buy everything cheaper/better ........usually after the event.
Actually he could have been played by my own uncle......he was just like that! ;)

*Hasten to assure everyone I haven't turned Racist....a lot of excellent Brit-Indian Actors appeared in this show, and they were brilliant at sending up the British and Indian ways of life .*

petzke_42
June 22nd, 2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah...haha...I saw this a couple days ago, it made me laugh...its just weird. The art is good though.

D.C.
June 23rd, 2004, 03:08 AM
Where can you see the comic?

5aret
June 23rd, 2004, 08:15 AM
I hope the Spider Man 2 movie will be good or even better than the first. I have seen the previews and I think its going to be better than the first one!!!
New Vilians, New Challenges, and, best of all, New Relationships!! LOL

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 04:28 PM
The reviews are in:

Sci-Fi Weekly: http://www.scifi.com/sfw/advance/30_screen.html
FilmForce: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/527/527077p1.html
CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/29/review.spiderman2/index.html

June 29th, 2004, 06:50 PM
well i'm definatly going to see it, and i definatly do not care what reviews say...never did

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Most of the reviews are good, anyway. :)

LoneStar1836
July 9th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I finally saw it the other day. It was a good movie and worth the money, but I was expecting more action for some reason. Itís more dialogue than action. I think the first movie edges this one out. The opening credits animation was visually cool. The ending looks like it will lead into a good sequel, but the movie does break with the comic book at the end (SPOILER highlight - Peter reveals his identity to MJ, though unintentionally.)

AgentX
July 9th, 2004, 03:38 PM
I saw Spiderman 2 on July 1, and with all the hype and glowing reviews I expected more. It was a good movie don't get me wrong, but the first half was slow and a couple parts were laughable "You'll have to get through me....and me..." :roll:
I was expecting it to be better than the first by a marginal amount, and coming out of it I was unsure as to which film was superior.

omnian
July 17th, 2004, 12:48 AM
I saw this yesterday (living in the UK :( ) and I thought it was incredible. Sure, there were some parts that were pretty slow but overall it was amazing.

The ending sets up the 3rd one very nicely and I can't wait to see how they deal with that. Should be really good, I hope.

Elwe Singollo
July 17th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I have to say, Spiderman 2 wasn't great great, i think i said this somewhere before, but did anyone get the feeling that all they did practically the first half or so part of the movie is make his life suck? Sure, they did it good, but i thought it got annoying, i mean, can't Spiderman trust the police anymore to do anything on their own, i mean, everytime he hears sirens, 'oh gotta go', and ruins his relationships. Sure i would understand if it was like a super villian like the Green Goblin or Dr. Octavious, but yah, that just annoyed me :S

July 18th, 2004, 09:43 AM
I'm goign to see it in an hour.

Elwe Singollo
July 18th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Have Fun :)

July 18th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I DID! Great Movie! I'm pretty sure they gonna make another one. And I hear something a rumor that they will make 4 more of Spidi-movies, 6 in total!!! That's be cool. And i saw Blade 3 trailer, awesome. And Catwoman is next on my SuperHeros Movies list. But King Arthur or I.ROBOT will be next movies to see!

Elwe Singollo
July 18th, 2004, 07:07 PM
So many movies to watch, haha... I think Kirstin Dunst said she won't do a Spiderman 4 in an article somewhere on line, not sure though where :(

Crazedwraith
July 20th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Saw Spider-Man 2 today, it was OK no where near as good as the first one. Terrible Talk to Action Ratio IMHO. Is it first me or does Otto Look like SG1's Brad Wright in his first scenes in that jumper?

Spoilers

Why did he take his mask off in the final fight against Otto? The only point it semed to have was MJ finding he was Spider-Man
I did like the last Harry scene though shades of Spider-Man 3.

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 02:43 PM
My thoughts exactly, i didn't see a reason either. Gosh, i don't know, thats why i think the movie was alright at best :S

D.C.
July 20th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I thought the movie was pretty awesome. Wasn't he trying to convince Doc Ock to stop, so he showed him his face so he'd know who it was.

D.C.
July 20th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I've got the first movie on DVD now. It's awesome. :)

July 20th, 2004, 04:59 PM
i think it was better than the first one, and yeah he took his mask off to convince Doc Ock to stop that nova going boom!

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Yah, thats what i was thinking, but he was still being crazy anywho, but yah :rolleyes:

July 20th, 2004, 05:17 PM
he was , but spidy showed him that the HANDS started to command him, so Dr. fixed himself...and did the right thing.

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Good thing he did ;)

Spoilery
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I was mad the way how Dr. Oct wife died though :(

July 20th, 2004, 05:20 PM
well yeah ... that sucked ... but Dr.Oct should have said something about it...play it out a lil' more...

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 05:45 PM
That one of the little things of that movie that i didn't like, haha..

D.C.
July 20th, 2004, 09:25 PM
The only thing I didn't like was that huge sequence were pretty much everyone saw his face on the commuter train. :)

D.C.
July 20th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Also it was pretty grusome how the wife died. :)

Torley
July 21st, 2004, 12:17 AM
That's bound to drive any scientist mad, even a happy scientist.

As for Indian Spider-Man, it's cool how this is an original, licensed Indian variant on the hero of relatively "new mythology". Apparently they've based his powers more on traditional Indian folklore, so it's more of a supernatural-type Spider-Man than the scientific happenings of the movie. I wonder how they would change his enemies too? Would Venom be like a cunning, evil trickster who was descended from a spider father and a snake mother? Or something like that :P I guess they can keep the Rhino the same, but something's gotta change about Electro -- especially those wide open stretches where electricity is nonexistent! LOL :D

July 21st, 2004, 09:05 PM
I loved the whole Train scene...it showed that people actually care about him...and that he is a real good guy!

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 09:35 PM
If everyone thought that, then i'm one of the very few, if not only person, who thought that whole train scene got a little cheezy... I don't know, i just didn't think it was 'wow'.

July 21st, 2004, 09:40 PM
i think SP2 got philosophical and some ppl didn't like it....because ads said it's the #1 action movie, lol, however i loved it...it was funny... rembember this: "I'M BAAACK.....ooo...oops...*bump*...*bump*...my back...my back" that was hilarious!!!

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 09:43 PM
I think i said it before, but oh well, maybe not, but did it annoy you that he always had to 'go' when he heard the police come near, and i know thats what a superhero supposed to do, but i just found that annoying...

D.C.
July 22nd, 2004, 01:19 PM
He's atleast got to see what the cops are doing.

Elwe Singollo
July 22nd, 2004, 02:08 PM
I would totally understand if it was a big bad villian that Spiderman had to go off and take care of, but he missed something very important because stupid thieves, Mary Jane's performance, and yah, that wasn't so great, haha...

D.C.
July 22nd, 2004, 02:18 PM
Well it sucks for him, but the play was on more then one night. If people were killed or something cause he decided to skip saving them for the play he would be pretty pissed at himself. :) The train scene was cool, it was just the fact that the entire New York saw his face, that I didn't like about it. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 22nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Thats what i was thinking, couldn't Peter have told MJ that he would come on a different night, like go to the nearest phone or something, i dont' know, i mean, common, he can't have a cell phone?! Probably not, but yah, hahah...

D.C.
July 23rd, 2004, 02:45 PM
Heh, I don't have a mobile so why should Spider-Man. :)

Larry
July 26th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I thought that Spider Man 2 got just about everything 100% right. So did the critics, got almost unanimous thumbs up reviews. I also thought the dialoge to action ratio was right on the money as well. Probably one of the best films I've seen in '04. Too bad it won't get any serious consideration from the film acadamy cause it's a "comic book, kids movie". Hopefully, I'll be wrong about that.

Elwe Singollo
July 26th, 2004, 01:34 PM
It can get an award in the special effects category :D But i doubt Spiderman can compete with the other Marval movies.

Larry
July 26th, 2004, 01:55 PM
In my opinion, Spider Man 2 should be able to compete with ALL films from 2004, I thought it was that good. Of course it won't cause it's a "kids comic book movie". Like I said, I hope I'm wrong that the sentiment will be like that. It's a very worthy film, exteamly well done, and should be considered one of the best of '04.