Spider-Man 2 and Indian Spider-Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man 2 and Indian Spider-Man

Anyone looking forward to the next Spider-Man movie? Sam Raimi and David Koepp did an awesome job with the first, hopefully the second will be as good.

Also I read this funny thing about an Indian Spider-Man comic:
    http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E13762,00.html

Why's he called Spider-Man if he gets his powers from a Hindu Holy person instead of a radio-active/genetically-altered spider?

I'm getting a flashback to that Goodness Gracious Me sketch where the father tells his son that Superman is Indian. "Of course he's Indian. He can run faster than the trains, where but India would that happen? Look at those glasses. Indian, I tell you!"

Maybe the Indian Spiderman got his powers from a spider-charmer?

Madeleine

Comment

LOL !! I watched "GGM" too, and I was thinking the "Indian Spiderman" possibly had his Powers "supplied" by the "Nepotistic Uncle",....the character who could find/buy everything cheaper/better ........usually after the event.
      Actually he could have been played by my own uncle......he was just like that!

*Hasten to assure everyone I haven't turned Racist....a lot of excellent Brit-Indian Actors appeared in this show, and they were brilliant at sending up the British and Indian ways of life .*
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Yeah...haha...I saw this a couple days ago, it made me laugh...its just weird. The art is good though.
        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Where can you see the comic?

Comment

I hope the Spider Man 2 movie will be good or even better than the first. I have seen the previews and I think its going to be better than the first one!!!
            New Vilians, New Challenges, and, best of all, New Relationships!! LOL
            Teal'C: Bla Bla Bla... Said the whole transcript of the
            where all of the Stargates were.

O'Neill: Did you say something??

Comment

The reviews are in:

Sci-Fi Weekly: http://www.scifi.com/sfw/advance/30_screen.html
              FilmForce: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/527/527077p1.html
              CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi...an2/index.html

Comment

well i'm definatly going to see it, and i definatly do not care what reviews say...never did

Comment

Most of the reviews are good, anyway.

Comment

I finally saw it the other day. It was a good movie and worth the money, but I was expecting more action for some reason. It’s more dialogue than action. I think the first movie edges this one out. The opening credits animation was visually cool. The ending looks like it will lead into a good sequel, but the movie does break with the comic book at the end (SPOILER highlight - Peter reveals his identity to MJ, though unintentionally.)
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

I saw Spiderman 2 on July 1, and with all the hype and glowing reviews I expected more. It was a good movie don't get me wrong, but the first half was slow and a couple parts were laughable "You'll have to get through me....and me..." :roll:
                      I was expecting it to be better than the first by a marginal amount, and coming out of it I was unsure as to which film was superior.

Comment

I saw this yesterday (living in the UK ) and I thought it was incredible. Sure, there were some parts that were pretty slow but overall it was amazing.

The ending sets up the 3rd one very nicely and I can't wait to see how they deal with that. Should be really good, I hope.
                        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I have to say, Spiderman 2 wasn't great great, i think i said this somewhere before, but did anyone get the feeling that all they did practically the first half or so part of the movie is make his life suck? Sure, they did it good, but i thought it got annoying, i mean, can't Spiderman trust the police anymore to do anything on their own, i mean, everytime he hears sirens, 'oh gotta go', and ruins his relationships. Sure i would understand if it was like a super villian like the Green Goblin or Dr. Octavious, but yah, that just annoyed me
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm goign to see it in an hour.

Comment

Have Fun
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                              X