This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Joe Mallozzi's Blog

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when I read it, weird symbols(’) are present instead of apostrophes. Is this just me or a problem with the whole thing?
    Rocky

Also the date for Joe's blog on the GateWorld home page says July 24th while the one on his actual blog says the 23rd. Small thing, but I saw this thread so I decided to point it out.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

nope, it's not just you. Altho this was the first week it's been a problem for me - his earlier entries were fine. I just assumed it's some weird computer thing, and tried to read around them - altho they're danged inconvinient

Comment

I've seen them before on other sites.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Weird symbols occur when the browser incorrectly identifies the character set
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            Weird symbols occur when the browser incorrectly identifies the character set
            It can also happen when you type up your text in say, WORD, and then your HTML editor screws it up.

Comment

This appears to be happening when Joe composes an entry in a word processor (like Word) and then pastes it into the blog composition window. I've manually fixed it.

Darren

Comment

Thanks Darren.
                Rocky

Comment

Where is this blog. I want to check it out.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/jmallozzi/
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                    X