X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write 'Atlantis' Reviews for GateWorld!

Hi everybody,

GateWorld is now searching for a new person to join the team, as a weekly reviews writer for Stargate Atlantis! Interested? Keep reading ...

You will write a weekly episode review for every episode of the show's first season -- 19 in total, and between 700 and 900 words each. Like our SG-1 reviews, these are editorial (personal opinion) pieces that critically evaluate the episode's story, direction, acting, production values, themes, overall contribution to the series, etc. More than just a catalog of "I liked this, I didn't like that," your reviews should be thoughtful and should provoke reflection from readers. The best reviews bring out aspects that the average viewer didn't necessary catch or think about when they first watched the episode.

Qualifications:
    - 18 years or older
    - U.S. viewer on The Sci-Fi Channel
    - Intend to watch the entire first season of Atlantis and give the new show a fair shake-down
    - Willing to commit to writing reviews for the whole of Season One
    - Some writing experience under your belt, though professional publication is not required
    - Ability and willingness to write and submit final (not first) draft copy by Monday-ish, following each Friday's new episode

This position is currently voluntary and unpaid, though we can promise that your writing will be read by thousands of Stargate fans worldwide!

If you are interested, here's what to do next!
    - E-mail [email protected] and let me know that you are interested, and that you meet all of the qualifications above. If you've got writing and/or publishing experience, please include that info.
    - Write a sample review of any episode of Stargate SG-1, so that we can get a sense of your style, voice, and abilities. Aim for 700 to 900 words.
    - Remember: Thoughtful, critical analysis wins the day! Recapping scenes is not necessary; assume that your reader has seen the episode. Look for both the positive and negative to bring out; very few episodes deserve unqualified gushing or bashing.
    - For examples of what we're looking for, check out the recent SG-1 reviews in GateWorld's episode guide. In the top menu for a specific episode, look for the "REVIEW" link(s). Also, I highly recommend the Star Trek reviews penned by Michelle Erica Green, at TrekToday.

Sample reviews are due by Monday, July 5!

Many thanks to everyone who writes a sample review for us to consider. We regret that we can only choose one writer at present from those submissions received, but we look forward to reading them all.

Thanks!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Ohh how I wish it could be me.

Geography seems to be my downfall however... it being the only qualification I don't meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
      Ohh how I wish it could be me.

Geography seems to be my downfall however... it being the only qualification I don't meet.
      Alas, I too fail to qualify purely due to geography.

And I'm published too! (well, if you count a uni newspaper. Most wouldn't.... )

Oh well, I probably should be focusing on uni anyway...

Comment

Hmm.. I may just sqeeze in. Although what I have for the fifth qualification may not really qualify.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Sounded interesting, then see the 18 years and over and viewing of the Sci-Fi channel
          __

__

Comment

why 18?
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, why 18 and why do I need to watch it on Sci-fi... I can see it a mere 4 hours after it airs!

Comment

Yeah, why 18? 4 hours after airing on the Sci-Fi? How?
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Yeah, why 18? 4 hours after airing on the Sci-Fi? How?
                  Determination and lack of sleep

Comment

But back to the original question. Why 18?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      But back to the original question. Why 18?
                      I'm guessing that Gateworld does not want to "hire" anybody under 18 because anybody under 18 is not considered an adult. And there are laws out there... I don't claim to know any of them, but I do know that there out there

Ace
                      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I'm guessing that Gateworld does not want to "hire" anybody under 18 because anybody under 18 is not considered an adult. And there are laws out there... I don't claim to know any of them, but I do know that there out there
                        Would it count if I become eighteen mid-season?? Im old enough to be going to college on my own.
                        Many thanks to everyone who writes a sample review for us to consider. We regret that we can only choose one writer at present from those submissions received, but we look forward to reading them all.
                        Dam it. I want to write something on the Wraith. I feel like there could be some amazing stories written with them if they try and follow in Stargate's theme of mythology.

Comment

I too shall become 18 mid-season... but then, I could just lie and say I'm 18 now

Comment

Working...
                          X