This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano Music on 2X2

Can anyone identify the piano music that was playing in Starbucks apartment in episode 2x2? Was it an original composition for the show?

Thanks!
    Jay

wish i knew.. although i can say i did like it..

perhaps a music major, may know or someone who plays the pian, or rather any musical instament (i did (play the pianno) but its been quite a few years )
    sigpic

Comment

I was curious about that music too - really liked it. Someone on another board said it was piano music by Philip Glass and was originally in The Truman Show.

I've listened to a few of the Truman Show clips and the music we heard tonight on BSG does sound very similar to some of the piano music in that movie.

Hoping that Ron Moore will mention it in the podcast.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Indeed it is by Philip Glass--it's called "Metamorphosis Five" and there's a sample of it here: http://www.philipglass.com/sounds/re...morphosis5.mp3

Comment

thanxz for the link. off to d/l it right now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Mays
            Indeed it is by Philip Glass--it's called "Metamorphosis Five" and there's a sample of it here: http://www.philipglass.com/sounds/re...morphosis5.mp3

I thought that it sounded familiar. One of my old college roommates had a music minor, and he was really into Philip Glass.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I purchased the album online.

Jay

Comment

Ah thanks, this was baking my noodle.

Comment

Actually, its Metamorphosis One in the apartment. It could move to Five at other times in the show, but a comparison shows that it's Metamorphosis One in Starbuck's Apartment. There are slight differences.

Comment

Thanks so much! I was pulling my hair out trying to find the name of that piece.

Comment

Working...
                    X