This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... about Shep

Exactly how many times an episode are we gonna have the whole, "Oh my God, Shep didn;t make it!" thing? 2 tonight, a summer-long cliff hanger, and, and, and....

Come on! Love the character, and I'm definitely a fan of how Weir's eyes do the get real big thing when she sees he's OK, but it's getting a little old!

Yeah, hopefully they'll ditch that particular tension-building device after this episode. Although, now that you mention it, how many times are we gonna have to hear someone hail him 3 times before he actually answers, too?
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Lol yeah I noticed that also, its a little over-dramatic if you ask me.

Comment

Well, does anyone else think Hewlett's "Oh My God..." look is getting a bit old as well? It was great in The Defiant One, but then we saw it again in Siege II, Siege III, and now Intruder...
        aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Both of them are annoying as we know they will survive as they are the main characters and will appear in the next ep
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

And just why does Shepherd always have a bad hair day?

I guess it's TV shorthand for *I'm a Maverick and I do it my way* but it must take the makeup people considrable effort to always muss it the same way for continuity.

Spoiler:
            Now that he's been promoted, but still outranked by the Daedelus ship"s commander Col Caldwell, do yu think they'll make him shape up?? The REAL Air Force would have done so long ago.

And besides that, it's messy and unattractive, but that's the mother in me talkng.
            Last edited by Feli; 24 July 2005, 05:17 AM. Reason: Could we please not forget about spoiler space!

Comment

Heaven forbid a military officer on a spaceship not get up and do his hair before leaving his quarters.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

He should have a hairstyle that doesn't require "doing" at all. It's kind of funny that Mckay does have such a hairstyle and he doesn't.

Comment

He's an Airforce pilot. Has to be a pretty boy.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I think it makes him look attractive and he is supposed to be somewhat of a rebel non conformist.
                    I am voric a powerful yet sissy system lord. Fell my never ceaseless wrath or else.......

Comment

Sometimes hair doesn't cooperate. Maybe Sheppard just has a lot of BAD hair days...

Joe Flanigan just seems to have that problem naturally, and it takes a lot of gel to glue it down. ...and (IMO) Sheppard is more than just a *pretty* fly-boy. He's so far usually been Atlantis' last line of defense...

or was...?
                      (anticipating "Conversion" angst!!)
                      Last edited by SGalisa; 24 July 2005, 10:12 AM. Reason: something dumb

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                        Sometimes hair doesn't cooperate. Maybe Sheppard just has a lot of BAD hair days...

Joe Flanigan just seems to have that problem naturally, and it takes a lot of gel to glue it down. ...and (IMO) Sheppard is more than just a *pretty* fly-boy. He's so far usually been Atlantis' last line of defense...

or was...
                        (anticipating "Conversion" angst!!)
                        Joe has naturally unruly hair, as he attested to in his Q&A at Vancouver Creation Con. I think he described it has 'the bane of his existance'...and went on to tell how his headmaster (Britism, Joe?! ) at boarding school tried combing it down...

There's a video of him talking about it on JF.net...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I am sorry some of you do not seem to enjoy Atlantis. I really like the series. There isn't a show on tv where someone can't pick it to pieces. Why not look for the good in the series instead of seeking out bad points. I saw a post a couple of days ago complaining about McKay but you know I see growth in both Sheppard and McKay this season. I have a positive outlook on how things are going.
                          "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                          'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                          Individuality is freedom lived.
                          'Janis Joplin'

Comment

thanks knocknashee for the hair reinforcement... (I was only guessing, but that) proves my theory right!

Sometimes the little hair-zees just have a life of their own. It depends on which direction they grow out on the scalp. If they grown up and backward or in the opposite direction of the natural right/left sides in the forehead area, which Joe's seem to do, it's harder to pull the little strands down into a cooperative direction that you *want* them to go. I have this particular problem, and know it's a chronic pain in the u-know-what. If I have 2 or 3 "good" hair days per week, I'm happy... otherwise, grrrrrrrrr.

People who never have a hair problem, don't have to tame their hair-zees down like those who have perpetually annoying hair. People who do have the problem are candidates for being a hair-dresser's best or worst case challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                              I am sorry some of you do not seem to enjoy Atlantis. I really like the series. There isn't a show on tv where someone can't pick it to pieces. Why not look for the good in the series instead of seeking out bad points. I saw a post a couple of days ago complaining about McKay but you know I see growth in both Sheppard and McKay this season. I have a positive outlook on how things are going.
                              I think half the time people just get bored, want to keep talking about a show and so they decide to nitpick randomly simply because they've ruined their vocal cords endlessly going on and on over how good the show is so there's only one thing left to do until the next episodes airs and we can all smile or snicker again.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                              X