This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pollution of Atlantis

It has accurd to me that recently, Atlantis is being polluted. The fish that may or may not be there(nobody is fishing!!! ever!) have probably died due to this pollution even before spolier operation Flash. The reason I bring up this is because Last season, every thing was blue n what not. Well now its green. what happened!

lol now alot of you are like wtf is this idiot talkin about. well you guys know the previews and they show the little bubles under water in parts of it? why is it that the water is green? is this to show that no matter where tauri(sounds better than earthlings) are present pollution is as well? why cant scifi just make the water blue.

also anyone else notice in the sg1 premier last week the opener used the Atlantis wormhole? idk about this weeks because we paused it with the dvr and kinda skipped over it because the opener is 10 seconds and makes it very uneventful, if it were regular 60 second one i woulda played thru.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

yeah i think their food is spent. what do they eat?

Comment

anthosian Burgers, taco genii, atlantian shrimp. atleast the wraith hive ships above them, who prolly dropped the garbage into their water.

what i dont understand is why didnt the SGC send happy meals along with everette? i mean ofcourse mcdonalds is gonna ask wtf d o u want with 10 thousand happy meals, and after oniel tells him shoots him stuffs him under the counter, hell send 200 to atlantis. and thus theyd pollute further. and all the caffine and old pickles are turing the water into toxic waste..

btw, nuke goes off, anthosians had to feel something. they werent that far away

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

neither eating, dumping, or defacating make for good episode material which is likely why none of this stuff is mentioned. It's only somewhat interesting and there are so many more important things to be dealt with in the 45 mins or so they have per episode.

On the other hand.. with a nuke exploding over the planet, one has to wonder what effect that will have on any wildlife and plants. The Athosians had crops on the mainland are they edible after all that radiation?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Mmmm, Nuclear technology.... like they care as long as it gets the baddies blown outta the sky? Why couldn't the Asgard have chipped in...
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
            Mmmm, Nuclear technology.... like they care as long as it gets the baddies blown outta the sky? Why couldn't the Asgard have chipped in...
            what she said but mark my words... i was thinking of it before i read hers.

lol

Comment

lmao. well as mckay said if they let the shield up to soon theyd be vaporised. perhaps this has happened to the local fish population.

I have a feeling if the writers need a back up idea this season or next season, itll be radiation cleaning from the nuke, and the anthosians are "diffrent" like 6 arms and green. maybe the nuke radiation made the water green.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                yeah i think their food is spent. what do they eat?
                they turned the tables on the Wraith:
                Steve Burgers!
                Ses
                James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

lmao. lord knows thats what fords gonna do. if you read spoilers.

Comment

They will probably find some Ancient depollution machine
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

good grief...! Drama-queens all...

For one thing... the majority of the Athosians were off-world during the attack on Atlantis so they would suffer NO ill effects from the bomb. For another, the Shields absorbed much, if not most of the radiation. If not the shield, then the 'hull' and walls of Atlantis absorbed some of it as well... and seeing as Atlantis was designed to fly in space, the city is probably designed to withstand considerable amounts of radiation. Also, the continent of Lantia was much too far away to be adversely affected. About as much as China was affected by the nukes going off in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. China didn't feel a thing. Remember the Bikini Atoll?? Yes, they nuked stuff there (and other places... I think France did some stuff in the Marianas Trench or something) and while there is certainly still radiation there, it hasn't spread to the entire pacific ocean. It's a big place. Also, it exploded in the air directly above Atlantis, so there weren't many physical objects other than Atlantis to absorb the radiation. Except for some water, which would quickly become diluted without something there to continue irradiating it. The ocean currents would simply spread out the irradiated waters so much as to be neglible. Anyways, seeing as the Atlantis shield absorbed much of the radiation I don't think there will be any catastrophic long-term damage to the planets eco-system. In the end... I think very little relative radiation will have affected the planet at all.

*sigh* I'm all for being responsible care-takers of our planet... but getting hysterical over things doesn't help. I just gave several excellent reasons to be positive about the long term enviromental prospects of the planet. So the Athosians can go back to the continent and grow all the crops they want without worrying about birth defects, and withered crops. okay..???
                      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Ah, it's good to read sensible things Seastallion. I second you completely.
                        BTW the French did their nuclear experiments first in the Sahara desert, then on the polynesian atoll of Moruroa (thousands of miles away from anything else).
                        All in all, there have been hundreds at least atmospheric nuclear explosions on Earth. One on Atlantis won't destroy the planet...

Comment

Also I find it worth mentioning, it could have been a clean nuke, especially if it was Naquadah enhanced, it would need little radioactive material to make a big bang, not to mention they never specified what kind of material was used in that particular weapon.

Also, they probably haven't mentioned anything about the local fish populations since after 10,000 years without human interraction, they'd probably be HUGE in both size and numbers. Unless the Atlantis expedition was equipped with depth charges and harpoons, they probably would have a bit of trouble catching much around the city. We know there's game on the mainland since the Athosians had sent out hunting parties and such, it would make sense that the rest of the animal populations around the planet would be similarly abundant.

Comment

Working...
                          X