PDA

View Full Version : Good to be King, 813 (SPOILERS)

morjana
June 21st, 2004, 07:03 PM
SG1-Spoilergate has uncovered NEW information on another season eight episode of Stargate SG-1:

Episode #813 is titled:

Good to be King and has a character named Trelak.

Stay tuned...GateWorld should have more information shortly!

(Well...I've never met Darren in person, so I don't know how tall he is.)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

JMallozzi
June 21st, 2004, 07:26 PM
Also look for the return of an old buddy of Jack's - well, buddy in so far as he he did try to kill him last time they spent an extended period of time together off-world.

Nolamom
June 21st, 2004, 07:28 PM
could it be one of our favorite NID agents?

priornavalperson
June 21st, 2004, 07:36 PM
Also look for the return of an old buddy of Jack's - well, buddy in so far as he he did try to kill him last time they spent an extended period of time together off-world.
Is he really that hungry for one of Jack's frankfurters?:p

morjana
June 21st, 2004, 07:37 PM
Cool!

Thanks, Joe!

It's fantastic hearing from you again on the GateWorld Forums.

We're all waiting as patiently as possible for the season premiere of Stargate SG-1 -- and the series premiere of Stargate Atlantis.

Best wishes.

Morjana

(What do you mean they're not on yet?)

morjana
June 21st, 2004, 08:07 PM
It's the arugula withdrawal!

Morjana

Darren
June 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Zip zip! Check out GateWorld's spoiler report on "Good To Be King" ...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/episodeupdate.html#newsitem1087876919,76079,

And thanks for the info, Joe!

Elwe Singollo
June 21st, 2004, 08:25 PM
Ooo... Can't wait!!! Its been a long time since we have seen our favorite NID agent :)

Shipperahoy
June 21st, 2004, 08:38 PM
This is awesome. This is really going to make MC's day. I'll be able to hear her excited squeals all the way over on this side of the pond.

bcmilco
June 21st, 2004, 08:46 PM
Could it be? Harry's Back!!! Yay! WooHoo!! :D:D:D

tara3583
June 21st, 2004, 08:59 PM

Heh, heh, heh, if this is who i think it is well GREAT!!! can't wait to see this one.

Thankyou Joe for the info and it's nice to
see you at Gateworld again:)

Elwe Singollo
June 21st, 2004, 09:44 PM
Everyone know whos the special guest is :) Hehe... Unless people have never seen this character before.

Anubis
June 21st, 2004, 11:17 PM
Oh yeah!!!! Harry is back! This is great

Crazedwraith
June 22nd, 2004, 05:10 AM
Ooo... Can't wait!!! Its been a long time since we have seen our favorite NID agent :)
What do ya mean? We saw Barret late season 7! :);):)

Beckmen
June 22nd, 2004, 06:04 AM
I think they meant favorite EX-NID agent...

I am glad to see Harry back. Ever since Chain Reaction, I have LOVED the charecter and his interaction with O'Neill. However, sadly...it looks like he won't have that much screen time with Jack. I don't know why they aren't putting them together. Hopefully they will at least get SOME screen time together.

shockwave
June 22nd, 2004, 06:16 AM
maybe they aren't put together much because of RDA's reduced schedule?

prion
June 22nd, 2004, 06:37 AM
Yup, it's Harry Maybourne who's back. Read it elsewhere as well :p

Since Jack is in the episode (eegads, is that a spoiler that he's there??) it should be fun to see their interaction again as Jack seems capable of more witty dialogue when Maybourne is around.

GateGipsy
June 22nd, 2004, 06:38 AM
I love the chemistry between Maybourne and Jack, they're great together. I also like it between Sam and MacKay for the same reasons. All the characters should have a 'maybourne'!

tfalls1
June 22nd, 2004, 06:42 AM
hmmm wow after 7 seasons they finally stumble on an Ancient ship... and I thought the Gould had snatched them all up... or maybe it was sent as a gift from Atlantis somehow??? Should be fun to see if O'Neils genes allow him to thought control it like Shepard...

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 06:50 AM
That would be great. Having Jack as the pilot

Larry The Chevron Guy
June 22nd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Wonder if we'll see some Furlings in this episode...

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 07:41 AM
Yay for the furlings!

Crazedwraith
June 22nd, 2004, 08:00 AM
Yay for the furlings!
Indeed! Yay for furlings! The ewoks with the big honking space guns!

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 08:09 AM
I can just imagine a furling. A cute larger sized furby! lol

elhSG1
June 22nd, 2004, 08:32 AM
This is great news, I love Maybourne, missed him in Season 7! :)

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 09:48 AM
Great to heary of his return. I wonder what else he may know about Furlings. Because that tech in season six wasn't anything we have seen before

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 09:49 AM
Maybourne knew about Furlings?

Matt G
June 22nd, 2004, 09:59 AM
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

How the hell Maybourne blags his way to become a planetary ruler I haven't a clue - but it could be a good laugh all the same!

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 10:07 AM
He didn't necessarily know, he just knew about that technology artifact

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 10:23 AM
I want to see Jack kick some booty with Ancient technology, haha..

Teal'c
June 22nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
The puddle jumper bit is confusing me... but cool none-the-less. :D

Wass
June 22nd, 2004, 10:57 AM
I was wondering why they had to introduce the puddle jumper in this episode it sounds to convenient when you have Atlantis team having the puddle jumper to exp-lore other worlds and then all of sudden the sg-1 come across a puddle jumper. It would have been nice if they had the puddle jumper in season 6/7 episode.

keshou
June 22nd, 2004, 11:22 AM
This episode sounds like it has a LOT of potential, I love that Maybourne is back and I love the premise and the title. "Good to Be King"

Yay! The only bad part is waiting until 2005.

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Ahhh, thats a long time!!! Oh well, will Skyone get this before Scifi since its midseason?

shockwave
June 22nd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Ahhh, thats a long time!!! Oh well, will Skyone get this before Scifi since its midseason?

most likely yes

prion
June 22nd, 2004, 12:36 PM
I think Jack has learned his lesson in sticking his head (or body) into ANYTHING alien as he's going to get freezer burn of the brain cells at the rate he's always being thawed out.

I get the feeling he may pilot the puddle jumper once Sam gets it working, but otherwise will twiddle his fingers, or pace, or be off-screen...

Ugly Pig
June 22nd, 2004, 01:41 PM
Yay, Maybourne! And the story sound pretty cool too! I can't wait for this episode. :)

hmmm wow after 7 seasons they finally stumble on an Ancient ship... and I thought the Gould had snatched them all up... or maybe it was sent as a gift from Atlantis somehow??? Should be fun to see if O'Neils genes allow him to thought control it like Shepard...

Hmm... Maybe that's why he appearantly goes off-world in the episode?

DarkQuee1
June 22nd, 2004, 04:52 PM
I get the feeling he may pilot the puddle jumper once Sam gets it working, but otherwise will twiddle his fingers, or pace, or be off-screen...

Which could lead to some really great dialogue/scenes between the increasingly impatient Jack and the increasingly frustrated Sam ("No disrespect intended, sir, but did one of us wake up with a great urge to bray this morning?").
:D

It will be great to have Jack offworld again. And if he does fly the puddlejumper to the rescue, we will at least have him doing something that helps to solve the problem.

J.

bcmilco
June 22nd, 2004, 06:19 PM
The only bad part is waiting until 2005.

Thanks for deflating my enthusiasm :p

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 11:53 PM
The only thing thats keeping up my 'enthusiasm', is that at least we get to see Harry back from such a long time :)

MadJaffa
June 23rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Harry's back? :eek:
Harry's back! :)
Harry's back. :cool:
Harry's back!? :rolleyes:
Harry's back!? :S
Harry's back! :o
No Jack run in!? :(
Jack goes off-world. ;)
Harry's back! :D

Yes I used every smiley. :p

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 07:29 AM
I'm sure Harry will be up to something even though he can't do much. Good for him

Shipperahoy
June 23rd, 2004, 07:54 AM
Everytime I see the title I have this picture of a smarmy Mel Brooks in History of the World. "It's good to be King." I love it. I can just picture Maybourne saying the same line. :D

Nobody expects a Spanish Inquisition

Sam & Jack Shipper
June 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
Everytime I see the title I have this picture of a smarmy Mel Brooks in History of the World. "It's good to be King." I love it. I can just picture Maybourne saying the same line. :D

I can truly see Harry as setting him self up as King of some country.
I am really excited about this episode. Hopefully it will be lots of Jack and Harry!

David85
June 23rd, 2004, 09:12 AM

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the title.

I was hoping for the Mini Jack and Maybourne episode, oh well...

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 09:54 AM
Harry a king? Of all the things he has done, this would take him no-time

zombie8
June 23rd, 2004, 10:34 AM
Excellent!I can hear him in my head saying.."Jaaccckk","you gonna help me out or whaat?" And I raise my Spork in appreciation! :D
I love the chemistry between Harry and Jack!A true odd couple if ever there was one.

Wass
June 23rd, 2004, 11:17 AM
Well there still could be an episode about mini Jack but i 'm so happy Harry's back

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 12:39 AM
If the actor (forgot his name) isn't too busy on Joan of Arcadia, and the writers write about an episode about the return, it shouldn't be too shabby :) But it seems like hes busy on JoA, which is a good show by the way, although i maybe wrong and hes not busy at all, and the writers haven't even thought about making mini-jack return :(

shockwave
June 25th, 2004, 02:48 AM
JM once said (quite a while ago) if there would be a season 8, young jack would return. But you know how much the writers like to change their mind.

Anubis
June 25th, 2004, 04:12 AM
I can't see young Jack returning this season for some reason, I don't know why but I just have the feeling that he won't, but hey, who knows

tfalls1
June 25th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Wonder the the "little" Jack got the Ancient's gene?

Anubis
June 25th, 2004, 06:13 AM
That's a really good question since he's a clone. But I'm not sure

Teal'c
June 25th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I can't see young Jack returning this season for some reason, I don't know why but I just have the feeling that he won't, but hey, who knows
Well, I'm sure we'll know soon *looks at David* :P

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Yah that part about mini-jack having the ancient gene, i wonder about that too... I would think he would since hes a clone and all, but i still have doubts and wonders :)

I wouldn't mind if mini-jack didn't come though... :( I don't know...

Torley
June 25th, 2004, 09:32 PM
If the actor (forgot his name) isn't too busy on Joan of Arcadia, and the writers write about an episode about the return, it shouldn't be too shabby :) But it seems like hes busy on JoA, which is a good show by the way, although i maybe wrong and hes not busy at all, and the writers haven't even thought about making mini-jack return :(

Crossover of the two shows would totally make my day ;) I'm obsessed with both.

Props to Michael Welch for playing one of the FEW young geniuses I find both realistic and surprisingly entertaining (and NOT annoying), AND such a great depiction of a young Jack O'Neill. The mannerisms were spot-on.

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Welsh can act, haha, i was watching a JoA episode just now on TV, and he is like almost completely different than his character in SG1. But hey, how did we get this thread to talk about mini-jack?!

Anubis
June 25th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Well it all started when someone (can't be bothered to find out who) wondered if mini-Jack posessed the Ancient gene

I think this may be the reason they used O'Neill. Did you see how they didn't choose Daniel, Carter or Teal'c. OK, they even said that O'Neill is special but not special enough to save theier race. But cloning Jack for a minime for the Ancient gene, what a brilliant idea

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 12:02 AM
I remember now :)

Anubis
June 26th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I'm sure you do :)

ana
June 26th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Harry again? This is great :)

ana

shockwave
June 29th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Good to be king (813) will be directed by Bill Gerechti and written by Michael Greenburg, PDL and PM (weirdest combination ever)

Albion
June 29th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Well, this season just looks to be getting better and better by the minute. I'm a little disappointed because I was really rooting for the Harry and Mini-Jack episode that the writers said might be on the cards this season - can't help thinking it would hilarious putting those two together. But what the hey - Harry in any form is worth waiting for and watching.

Regarding the Furlings - if they ever do make an appearance, I think it would be great if they weren't cute and fluffy at all, but honking big serious kick-ass ugly aliens. It would be in keeping with Stargate's great traditions of not following the cliches and putting an original spin on what you expect. And after all just because a name sounds cute and furry doesn't necessarily make it so. I mean Furling in alien might mean 'ugly-twenty-armed beast-with-dangerous-attitude' for all we know. ;) Can you imagine Jack's face when he's waiting for a Furling to appear expecting a cuddly Ewok and something huge and dangerous looking comes through the door instead? LOL.

Albion :)

Torley
June 29th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Regarding the Furlings - if they ever do make an appearance, I think it would be great if they weren't cute and fluffy at all, but honking big serious kick-ass ugly aliens. It would be in keeping with Stargate's great traditions of not following the cliches and putting an original spin on what you expect. And after all just because a name sounds cute and furry doesn't necessarily make it so. I mean Furling in alien might mean 'ugly-twenty-armed beast-with-dangerous-attitude' for all we know. ;) Can you imagine Jack's face when he's waiting for a Furling to appear expecting a cuddly Ewok and something huge and dangerous looking comes through the door instead? LOL.

Albion :)

AHA! Therein lies the punchline... OR, they might be aliens that initially appear cute and furry, but can transform into the abominations you so aptly described. And Jack would arch his eyebrows and go, "Well, that's a cliche".

It would make sense for them to be the total physical opposites to something frail-looking like the Asgard, and oh yeah, the Nox and Ancients don't exactly look like the bodybuilders of the galaxy either. It would also occur to me that the Furlings should be technologically advanced, in their own way. The Nox tend to go with a more "magical" view and the ancients have a hybrid between some sort of ascended spirituality but great mechanical devices left behind to find, not unlike some of the better puzzle games out there ;). So that would fill out the Alliance. Obviously, you can't have too much overlap because fans would go, "Awww... that's it?" and one of the things in a superhero team is that there has to be a unique balance between each character.

Thor
June 29th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Showfax updated the script of Trelak for the Episode "Good To Be King"
for those who don't have tha ability to download the script here are a
few information:

Director: Bill Gereghty
Writers: Paul Mullie, Peter DeLuise and Michael Greenburg

Shooting is from July 27 to August 3, so it will be after the hiatus
of cast/crew and will air in early 2005.

---
http://www.Stargate-Project.com

Teal'c
June 29th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Hmmm... Michael Greenberg is writing... and he pitched the Harry/Mini-Jack idea.... well, I can hope! :P

Larry The Chevron Guy
June 29th, 2004, 06:42 PM
SPOILERS (from gateworld)
!
@
#
$
%
^
&
(
)
_
+
~
-

"Meanwhile, Trelak orders one of the local people to show his Jaffa the origins of an ancient prophecy, foretelling the defeat of the invaders. He leads the Jaffa to a temple, where they recognize the mysterious writing on the wall ..."

*Sniff* *Sniff*...I smell a Furling!

bcmilco
June 29th, 2004, 07:08 PM
SPOILERS (from gateworld)
!
@
#
$
%
^
&
(
)
_
+
~
-

"Meanwhile, Trelak orders one of the local people to show his Jaffa the origins of an ancient prophecy, foretelling the defeat of the invaders. He leads the Jaffa to a temple, where they recognize the mysterious writing on the wall ..."

*Sniff* *Sniff*...I smell a Furling!

Yes but, I'll bet you we still wont get to see them :(

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Probably right. We probably won't see the Furlings, but possibly might see some engraved pictures on walls or something

tera'ngan
June 30th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Well, the more spoilers I read about this episode, the more that this episode is becoming my "the-one-I-am-looking-forward-to-the-most episode."

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Harry, off-world, Jack, new civilization, new bad guy. All in all, sounds like a classic SG-1 stand-alone! What's not to love? :D

-tera'ngan