This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett)

I was over at IMDB, looking at the Stargate Atlantis cast credits, and was surprised to find that Paul McGillion had previously guest-starred on "Stargate SG-1" -- in season one's "Torment of Tantalus" as YOUNG Dr. Ernest Littlefield.

Ooohhh...just saw the commercial for the Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis Lowdown special...

Must run to the VCR!

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

So THAT'S where we've seen him before! Thanks for the tidbit Morjana.
    sigpic

Comment

Question, so is Beckett only a recurring guest star or part of the main cast?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        Question, so is Beckett only a recurring guest star or part of the main cast?

That's a darn good question!

I wonder if he's going to be Atlantis' version of Dr. Frasier?

Except male.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I think he'll be really, really recurring, like Fraiser. Probably not in the opening credits.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Very, very sad... Well not really.. Haha, his character sounds and looks interesting, hopefully he won't die in combat like... you know who But that'll just be wrong if they did
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              I think he'll be really, really recurring, like Fraiser. Probably not in the opening credits.

Thank you, Darren.

I was wondering why all the new cast photos over at SciFi Channel's Atlantis site don't include Paul.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

A recurring character like Frasier sounds nice!
                __

__

Comment

He is said to have the gene that allow humans to operate ancient technology. Maybe we will see him using some ancient medical devices.

Comment

Just saw him again as Young Ernest. I believe that I detect a slight accent in his voice. It sound like his character, Beckett, but not as pronounce.

Comment

Small nitpick, in Hide and Seek when McKay passes out and gets all embarrassed when Dr. Beckett says he fainted, Beckett replies that "fainting" is the "proper medical term" for what he experienced. Actually, 'syncope' is the proper medical term for fainting. But maybe Beckett was just trying to be a smartass.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorsfan
                        Small nitpick, in Hide and Seek when McKay passes out and gets all embarrassed when Dr. Beckett says he fainted, Beckett replies that "fainting" is the "proper medical term" for what he experienced. Actually, 'syncope' is the proper medical term for fainting. But maybe Beckett was just trying to be a smartass.
                        I think that's what he was trying to do. Besides, McKay was being so whinny who wouldn't resist rubbing it in. I know I wouldn't
                        Dr. McKay "You need to get out more."
                        Dr. Beckett "We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get!?"

Comment

I'm starting to like Beckett even more than Janet Frasier. She was a good doc, nice touch with kids, but not much of a sense of humour. The Beckett character seems to have been given a wonderful little practical joke streak - not enough to endanger anyone, but putting some levity into serious situations. I've also always enjoyed a good Scottish accent.

Comment

I like the character a lot. The Scottish accent doesn't hurt. I was surprised when I went googling for info that he wasn't in the cast photos, or listed among the leads of the show.

As one with the Ancient gene, and the doctor for the group, I can't see him being out of the loop logically.

Comment

I have to say that Beckett is my favorite character on Atlantis. He's cute and his accent is to die for! I love his humor and the fact that he's one of the few that can use the Ancient technology. I was worried that he wasn't going to be in very many episodes, but so far he has been!!! I hope he's in every ep because I love the character and can't wait to see how he grows as a character.

Anybody know of any Paul McGillion websites??? Also, where can I get pics of him in the eps?

Comment

Working...
                              X