This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the one episode...

...you absolutely CANNOT watch? I got home, sat down, turned on my satellite and saw that Spirits is on in 15 minutes. Now I'm on my way out the door to Wal-Mart, where I SHOULD have stopped on my way home, but I was in a hurry to get home, cuz it's Monday! So before I go, I was just wondering if anyone else dislikes that one as much as me. I don't even know WHY I don't like it, other than it just rubs me the wrong way.

So chime in, folks, which ones do YOU skip on Get In the Gate Mondays and why?

i actually quite like spirits.
    i'm not particularly fond of the gamekeeper. but i could watch it if i had to. and i'm not too fond of chimera (understatement of the year! ) but i could be forced to watch it if someone were to pay me. and if i only watched the good scenes. ie, teal'c and his donuts, carter humming the stargate tune (but only that part of it) and... nope i think thats it.

Comment

After Jack's line "Daniel, go to your happy place." in "Enemy Mine", I can very happily turn off the TV. The ep ends for me right there.
      Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

wasn't a big fan of enemy mine, but that line doesn't really bother me. but then again, i liked happy gilmore.

Comment

One? Just one? Sorry, no can do. Wormhole X-treme. Grace. Avenger 2.0. Tin Men is very hard to watch, but not because I think it sucks.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I like Happy Gilmore...what does that say about me?

Comment

"Demons",Season 3. Rubbishy plot and one long cliche,IMO.
              Fine for anyone who liked this ep,but I just wanted the episode gone from my screen....I've tried to rewatch fairly,and I still can't enjoy any of it !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
                I like Happy Gilmore...what does that say about me?
                it says you're just like me be afraid... be very afraid.

but the "go to your happy place" line to me was very reminiscent of that film.

Comment

I can't say I like the Unas episodes very much. I tend to glaze over when they are on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    wasn't a big fan of enemy mine, but that line doesn't really bother me. but then again, i liked happy gilmore.
                    What I meant (and I guess I wasn't clear) was that line is the last redeeming element of the episode. That line's great, but after that, the rest of the ep is snoozeville.
                    Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                      What I meant (and I guess I wasn't clear) was that line is the last redeeming element of the episode. That line's great, but after that, the rest of the ep is snoozeville.
                      aah. sorry, i misunderstood. i too found the episode quite dull. i thought they could have done better. i'm usually a fan of unas eps.

Comment

Right off the bat in the first season...."Emancipation". I'm sorry, but I really feel ill when that one comes on. I can't watch it.
                        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                        it has it's own laws and beats about things
                        which the intellect scorns."
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

I agree with the Emancipation one. Not that I hate the ep...I've just seen it about 1000 times, so I'm a little tired of it.
                          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                            After Jack's line "Daniel, go to your happy place." in "Enemy Mine", I can very happily turn off the TV. The ep ends for me right there.
                            As a former archaeologist who has been in the position of having to deal with artifacts after they've been moved but before provenance has been established, I can attest that I needed to find a happy place during that little scene. In fact, that sounded like something I would have said on site in a similar situation. That line actually hooked me for that episode, although it isn't my favorite Unas story.

We just finished watching Seasons 1-7 on DVD and DVR straight through (2-3 eps/night), I know there were a few I could have skipped, but my husband insisted on continuity. There were a few during which I fell asleep, but that's no indication of my enjoyment or lack thereof. However, the only one I can remember being cranky about watching was New Ground (319). Just boring to me...but I still watched it.
                            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                            once done, cannot be undone...
                            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I don't think there are any episodes I just cannot watch, I can almost always find some scene or line that I enjoy even in the episodes that I don't like.

Ever the optimist
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Working...
                              X