PDA

View Full Version : What is the one episode...

Jillybiehn
June 21st, 2004, 02:51 PM
...you absolutely CANNOT watch? I got home, sat down, turned on my satellite and saw that Spirits is on in 15 minutes. Now I'm on my way out the door to Wal-Mart, where I SHOULD have stopped on my way home, but I was in a hurry to get home, cuz it's Monday! So before I go, I was just wondering if anyone else dislikes that one as much as me. I don't even know WHY I don't like it, other than it just rubs me the wrong way.

So chime in, folks, which ones do YOU skip on Get In the Gate Mondays and why?

stargate barbie
June 21st, 2004, 03:00 PM
i actually quite like spirits.
i'm not particularly fond of the gamekeeper. but i could watch it if i had to. and i'm not too fond of chimera (understatement of the year! ;) ) but i could be forced to watch it if someone were to pay me. and if i only watched the good scenes. ie, teal'c and his donuts, carter humming the stargate tune (but only that part of it) and... nope i think thats it. :p

taupecat
June 21st, 2004, 03:18 PM
After Jack's line "Daniel, go to your happy place." in "Enemy Mine", I can very happily turn off the TV. The ep ends for me right there.

stargate barbie
June 21st, 2004, 03:21 PM
wasn't a big fan of enemy mine, but that line doesn't really bother me. but then again, i liked happy gilmore.

Dani347
June 21st, 2004, 03:22 PM
One? Just one? Sorry, no can do. Wormhole X-treme. Grace. Avenger 2.0. Tin Men is very hard to watch, but not because I think it sucks.

Jillybiehn
June 21st, 2004, 03:33 PM
I like Happy Gilmore...what does that say about me?

Bagpuss
June 21st, 2004, 03:37 PM
"Demons",Season 3. Rubbishy plot and one long cliche,IMO. :(
Fine for anyone who liked this ep,but I just wanted the episode gone from my screen....I've tried to rewatch fairly,and I still can't enjoy any of it ! :o

stargate barbie
June 21st, 2004, 03:42 PM
I like Happy Gilmore...what does that say about me?
it says you're just like me :D be afraid... be very afraid.

but the "go to your happy place" line to me was very reminiscent of that film.

dipsofjazz
June 21st, 2004, 03:44 PM
I can't say I like the Unas episodes very much. I tend to glaze over when they are on. :o

taupecat
June 21st, 2004, 04:05 PM
wasn't a big fan of enemy mine, but that line doesn't really bother me. but then again, i liked happy gilmore.

What I meant (and I guess I wasn't clear) was that line is the last redeeming element of the episode. That line's great, but after that, the rest of the ep is snoozeville.

stargate barbie
June 21st, 2004, 04:37 PM
What I meant (and I guess I wasn't clear) was that line is the last redeeming element of the episode. That line's great, but after that, the rest of the ep is snoozeville.
aah. sorry, i misunderstood. i too found the episode quite dull. i thought they could have done better. i'm usually a fan of unas eps.

Sela
June 21st, 2004, 06:34 PM
Right off the bat in the first season...."Emancipation". I'm sorry, but I really feel ill when that one comes on. I can't watch it.

petzke_42
June 21st, 2004, 10:59 PM
I agree with the Emancipation one. Not that I hate the ep...I've just seen it about 1000 times, so I'm a little tired of it.

Anthro Girl
June 21st, 2004, 11:17 PM
After Jack's line "Daniel, go to your happy place." in "Enemy Mine", I can very happily turn off the TV. The ep ends for me right there.

As a former archaeologist who has been in the position of having to deal with artifacts after they've been moved but before provenance has been established, I can attest that I needed to find a happy place during that little scene. In fact, that sounded like something I would have said on site in a similar situation. :D That line actually hooked me for that episode, although it isn't my favorite Unas story.

We just finished watching Seasons 1-7 on DVD and DVR straight through (2-3 eps/night), I know there were a few I could have skipped, but my husband insisted on continuity. There were a few during which I fell asleep, but that's no indication of my enjoyment or lack thereof. However, the only one I can remember being cranky about watching was New Ground (319). Just boring to me...but I still watched it.

bcmilco
June 21st, 2004, 11:33 PM
I don't think there are any episodes I just cannot watch, I can almost always find some scene or line that I enjoy even in the episodes that I don't like. :rolleyes:

Ever the optimist :D

Whitster
June 22nd, 2004, 01:55 AM
Space Race was a bloody awful episode for me, just plot-wise I felt like I was watching Voyger and the Delta Flyer was gonna show up in the race.

GateGipsy
June 22nd, 2004, 03:14 AM
There aren't any episodes that I really cannot watch, but I will quite happily go do something else if Urgo is on, and I don't use that one for background noise either (like when i'm doing housework). Frozen would fall into that category too.

Kliggins
June 22nd, 2004, 07:56 AM
Last Stand and Summit. It is not that I cannot watch them, I just prefer not to.

Polyglot
June 22nd, 2004, 08:04 AM
I haven't seen too many repeats yet, so I try to catch all I can.. but just about any episode with Sha're automatically brings a scowl. She really bugs me.

zebrok
June 22nd, 2004, 08:23 AM
I did a similar topic on the old forums called "What is your least favorite SG ep". The clear winner, and my personal choice, was One False Step. From the talking to plants to the white chalk mimes, people just dont like it. I have only watched the ep once back when it first aired in syndication and I have avoided it like the plague ever since. I never even watched it when I bought the S2 DVD set. Mind you, I would rather watch any other ep of SG-1 instead of just about anything else on TV but as for One False Step.....I mean come on now...talking to plants?!? If one were prone to bad humor one might say that TPTB made One False Step with that ep, but I would never make THAT joke :D

sgeureka
June 22nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
The one episode I just CANNOT watch? At the moment it's Enemy Mine. As someone has already said, the moment the first Unas arrive I turn off the VCR. For me, it's not necessarily that the ep was so bad, but I did not like the new actor as Chaka (I was surprised to find out that it was Fifth, who I actually like).

But, as it has happened with all other episodes that I really could not watch a second time, it helps to wait half a year, than try again. Worked for me on all previous very-unlikable eps.

Matt G
June 22nd, 2004, 09:31 AM
If we're in worst episode of all time territory then it's definately Chimera.

Teal'c
June 22nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
There's no episode that I can't watch, I'll watch any episode. ANY!

But, if you were to hold a gun to my head, I'd have to say Sight Unseen is my least favourite... I think it was just the end that bugged me (Pardon the pun :P)

Ugly Pig
June 22nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
There's no episode I absolutely cannot watch, but the one that comes the closest was One False Step. I've been rewatching SG-1 from the start up until the current episodes with a buddy from work (who hasn't seen it before) and when it came to this ep I made an effort to take an extra long bathroom break, making sure to tell him "no no, it's okay - you can keep watching without me". When I came back, he said: "Sorry to have to say this, but this episode is boring."

Um, but that's probably more than anyone needed to know. :D

shelsfc
June 22nd, 2004, 02:10 PM
I don't think there's any episode that I can't watch......there are a couple though, that make me sigh and think "oh, here we go...:rolleyes:" particularly Emancipation & 100 Days. It's not that I dislike them, there are just more things that annoy me in them than most eps.

LtLisa
June 22nd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Chimera..I can't STAND that episode. I hate Pete, I hate how he treated Sam, my favorite tough smart a$$ kicking character, turning Sam into a doormat. I hate how that storyline got more than half an episode, how Pete got full disclosure when Sam's dying father, who was a General for crying out loud, couldn't until he became a Tok'ra and they'd told cover stories to plenty of other people who had seen as much if not more. I hate that Pete's coming back for more of this stupidity. The only parts I'll ever watch again are the Daniel/Sarah storyline parts. This is the only episode I have such strong negative feelings about...I may feel lukewarm about some episodes and love others, but Chimera is the only one I really won't watch. It's only saving Grace was the elevator scene and Osisris's line about picking Daniel's brain.

Mike
June 22nd, 2004, 02:26 PM
The absolute episode I just CANNOT watch is Avenger 2.0. That episode lacked so many things that made SG-1 fun and interesting.

ShadowMaat
June 22nd, 2004, 07:31 PM
...you absolutely CANNOT watch?
A Matter of Time. It isn't that it's a bad episode, in fact, I thought the issues raised were really interesting. But for reasons I've never been able to fully describe, watching that doomed SG team and knowing what their fate is just appalls me. Even though nothing bad actually happens to them onscreen, I can't not imagine what kind of horrible death is awaiting them. Seeing their desperate attempts to get home and knowing how pointless it is and that they aren't going to understand what's wrong... *shudder* I can't watch it. I love the ep, but once was enough for me.

ShelBel
June 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
I can't say I can't/won't watch an ep. The ones I've found most "iffy" in my book are "Emancipation" and "One False Step". "Emancipation" is just kind of corny, trite, and predicatable. It also speaks to me of growing pains; the show was still new, they were still trying to find the tone and direction.

"One False Step" had potential, it was just executed badly. JMHO. *shrug*

Elmseeker
June 22nd, 2004, 08:27 PM
I did a similar topic on the old forums called "What is your least favorite SG ep". The clear winner, and my personal choice, was One False Step. From the talking to plants to the white chalk mimes, people just dont like it.
I actually quite liked that ep. The chalk painted mimes and plants were a bit strange but the plot of the ep was pretty nice IMHO.