Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible that 6 really is a figment of Baltar's imagination?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible that 6 really is a figment of Baltar's imagination?

I refer to the one in his mind of course

Let's look at this 6 though.

Is it possible that in his horror at what he'd done that his mind conjured up a new 6 to blame his own madness on and whatever crimes he might commit?

She doesn't seem to really be helping the Cylon cause all that much and actually pointed Baltar to a way to detect Cylons!

She didn't recognize Darl even though he was a Cylon.

And even in the miniseries 6 didnt' entirely rule out the possibility but simply ridiculed his reasoning on the matter.

While it's certainly possible, I think the events of Season 1 have left it far less likely.

There are several instances where the cylons seem to take advantage of what the Number 6 in Baltar's head knows. The one that leaps to my mind is the fight in the Delphi Museum. Number 6's vicious beating of Starbuck indicated (to me and others I've talked to) that it was personal. She was being vindictive because Number-6-in-Baltar's-head was jealous. Also, she called Starbuck "Lieutenant" (her rank, which admittedly could have been gleaned from insignia on her uniform), but also called her "Starbuck" later in the fight... indicating Number 6 knew who she was.

Just my 2¢. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Orrie_104
      While it's certainly possible, I think the events of Season 1 have left it far less likely.

There are several instances where the cylons seem to take advantage of what the Number 6 in Baltar's head knows. The one that leaps to my mind is the fight in the Delphi Museum. Number 6's vicious beating of Starbuck indicated (to me and others I've talked to) that it was personal. She was being vindictive because Number-6-in-Baltar's-head was jealous. Also, she called Starbuck "Lieutenant" (her rank, which admittedly could have been gleaned from insignia on her uniform), but also called her "Starbuck" later in the fight... indicating Number 6 knew who she was.

Just my 2¢. :-)

Six is very much real as season 1 proves. She is a chip in baltars head that was implanted so she could go with him abord the galactica without being there.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
        Six is very much real as season 1 proves. She is a chip in baltars head that was implanted so she could go with him abord the galactica without being there.
        I agree. I think that it's possible for her to exist both in Baltar's head and as a human cylon at the same time. Tricia mentioned that the "shared consciousness" thing that the cylon models have would be explained a bit this season.

On a side note, real or not, she still messes with Baltar which is amusing for the rest of us. I love the scene when she bashes his head into the mirror.
        *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
        Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by mikeforrest2003
          I refer to the one in his mind of course

Let's look at this 6 though.

Is it possible that in his horror at what he'd done that his mind conjured up a new 6 to blame his own madness on and whatever crimes he might commit?

She doesn't seem to really be helping the Cylon cause all that much and actually pointed Baltar to a way to detect Cylons!

She didn't recognize Darl even though he was a Cylon.

And even in the miniseries 6 didnt' entirely rule out the possibility but simply ridiculed his reasoning on the matter.
          she's gotta be a chip....

or maybe baltar's actually a cylon!!!

i'm wondering why some cylon's know they are cylons automatically (like the sixes and those two dudes) but others like boomer don't even know and are horrified to find out....what happens when the unknowing ones die?

does their replacement then automatically know it's a cylon?

it's going to be interesting to see how the BSG folks resolve some of the mysteries.....

Comment

Maybe its not so black and white; both theories could be right
            There could be a 6 inside his mind that is real and in contact with the cylons, and there could also be a 6 he is imagining. But that would probably be way too confuzzling to keep up with on the show as you couldn't be 100% sure either way.
            Ses
            James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Speaking personally, if Number 6 is just a figment of Baltar's imagination - where can I get an imaginary play-friend like her?

More to the point, why does no one think it odd when he starts grinning foolishly and goes into his own little make belive world to play "hide the sausage" with her?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                Speaking personally, if Number 6 is just a figment of Baltar's imagination - where can I get an imaginary play-friend like her?

More to the point, why does no one think it odd when he starts grinning foolishly and goes into his own little make belive world to play "hide the sausage" with her?

LOL

that was a funny scene when starbuck walked in on him during one of his more intense sausage-hiding moments.....

i guess they all think is an eccentric whacko, albeit brilliant - which i suppose he is....or he's a cylon

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                  I would have thought they would have noticed something by now. He certainly does not go to any great lengths to hide that he is talking to someone who is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52
                    On a side note, real or not, she still messes with Baltar which is amusing for the rest of us. I love the scene when she bashes his head into the mirror.
                    yeah that was great LOL!
                    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Working...
                    X