X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Linton Daily Citizen: Moon-Houldson continues to have success

From the Linton Daily Citizen (Linton, IN):

http://www.dailycitizen.com/articles.../news/moon.txt

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Local News

Moon-Houldson continues to have success

By Jo Chiparo, staff writer

Ruby Moon-Houldson, Linton's hometown girl, continues making a name in the literary and television world.

In addition to conferring with MGM Studios regarding the "Stargate Atlantis" series, which is in its second season, she recently co-wrote an episode for the program that will air the last of July.

"I met a lot of people (while in Hollywood)," Moon-Houldson said, "and received several offers to write for other shows, but I haven't allowed myself to be committed to anything definite."

Moon-Houldson's book sales have reached over two million, and she recently completed a new one that can be used by several religious denominations as a study/contemplation book. The book, "Bought With A Price," is a follow-up to the movie "The Passion of the Christ." It relates what could have happened when Christ was in the tomb battling with Lucifer for the right to gain ownership to the keys of death and hell. The book will be donated to selected churches, Beta Readers and government agencies for review.

**snippity doo-dah**

Copyright 2001. Linton Daily Citizen

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 20 July 2005, 12:01 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

who is she?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      who is she?
      Ruby Moon-Houldson is an author of several tv media reference oriented books -- "A Tribute to Spock," "A Tribute to Scotty" -- and what looks like some romance novel Guardian series...

I've never read anything by her (as yet).

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Which stargate eps was she involved with?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Which stargate eps was she involved with?

I checked GateWorld -- there are only two episodes left for July -- "The Intruder" and "The Runner" -- and neither one list information about Ruby Moon-Houldson. If she has a "story by" credit, we probably won't know until the episode airs.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

OK Thanks
            love Torri

Comment

who is she?
              That’s a great question. We have never heard of or from this woman before. She is in no way involved with any of the episodes we’ve worked on this year…so that would be all of them.

It shocks and amazes us that the revered Linton Daily Citizen, the last bastion for responsible fact checking, somehow let this story fall through the cracks.

We’ll let Ms. Moon-Houldson get back to writing her novels and not giving interviews.

All the best,

Martin and Joe Mallozzi

Comment

I take it she has some alterior motives
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
                  Martin and Joe Mallozzi
                  Shouldnt that be Martin Gero and Joe Mallozzi
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
                    That’s a great question. We have never heard of or from this woman before. She is in no way involved with any of the episodes we’ve worked on this year…so that would be all of them.

It shocks and amazes us that the revered Linton Daily Citizen, the last bastion for responsible fact checking, somehow let this story fall through the cracks.

We’ll let Ms. Moon-Houldson get back to writing her novels and not giving interviews.

All the best,

Martin and Joe Mallozzi

Martin,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Is anyone going to tell the 'Linton Daily Citizen' about this - I think they should print an apology
                      love Torri

Comment

Did she "confer" with the studio in the sense that she wrote them a letter with a story idea? I know lots of people who have done that ...

Darren

Comment

If that was what she did then why does it say that she supposedly co-wrote an episode.

Its just someone trying to increase their profile I think
                          love Torri

Comment

If that was what she did then why does it say that she supposedly co-wrote an episode.

Its just someone trying to increase their profile I think
                            Having had the opportunity to be interviewed by the press a few times, I can tell you, they don't get their facts straight. I was totally miquoted (in fact, I never even said what they said I said, but luckily, it was nothing that would make me tear my hair out or sue <G>).

Of course, the IMDB professes to be right, and they're wrong more and more of the time.

Comment

Working...
                            X