PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU have done Season 7??

Crazedwraith
June 21st, 2004, 07:32 AM
Season 7: I've heard a lot of complaints and critisms of season 7, so I thought I'd make this thread to ask how would you have done it?

Basic ground rules:
-You have to bring Daniel back
-Jonas cannot stay on as a main character (He can be a recurring Character Similar to Jacob or Bra'tac)
-Everything done season 1-6 is stuck in stone you can't change it.
-You still have the same constrains with RDA's time.

So whats your ideal season 7?

Dani347
June 21st, 2004, 08:12 AM
A heck lot less ship. From what I've seen shippers (of any couple) have no trouble seeing ship on their own, they don't need tptb forcing it on poor anti-shippers.

Jack wouldn't be stuck in every episode, just to say he's there. The ones he was in he'd actually be in and contribute.

More team eps.

Anubis would not be a cartoon villian. Since season 6 would still be canon, they'd actually deal with the destruction of Abydos. I like villians that they have a reason to hate beyond, "ooh, he's a gou'ald! Bad! Bad!" Daniel has a reason to hate Anubis, and we'd deal with it. We'd also deal with Daniel's own feelings of guilt, that I think he might have, and we'd really deal with him regaining his memory.

There'd be less stuff blowing up, they'd use the gate more.

Jack would show that he cared deeply for all his teammates. Yes, I am talking about Daniel. Evolution2 would not make me want to skin Jack alive for being a cold s.o.b.

Grace? What's that?

Heroes2 would be a lot different. Highlight to read.Janet would be alive

Mio
June 21st, 2004, 02:35 PM
I would have taken the first 15 minutes of TLC: Part 2 and put it in TLC: Part 1, then stretched out TLC: Part 2 a bit.

ShadowMaat
June 21st, 2004, 03:08 PM
Daniel wouldn't recover his memory right away, it'd be an ongoing but very minor arc through at least the first half of the season, with Daniel tending to remember things at odd and inconvenient moments. He wants to take time off to "find himself" again, but Jack insists that they need him now more than ever.

We get vague hints from Sam that there could be a man in her life but she chooses, for the time being, to keep details to herself.

Stories would focus on getting back to basics- exploration and defense. The destruction of Abydos would have unforseen aftereffects and might cause problems with some of our allies... who would start to question our reliability. Daniel, when he remembers Abydos and his role in what happened, would suffer a major guilt trip and his brooding about it would cause him to remember vague bits from his time as an ascended being. Not an awful lot, but enough to make him question just who's side Oma (and by default he) had been on.

Jack disappears early on in the season. All Hammond will tell the team is that he's on a vitally important mission, the details of which can't be shared with anyone- not even them. Carter fills in as the leader of the team, a position which turns out to be more complicated than she ever imagined. Teal'c turns out to be a big help, lending his wisdom and experience and, more importantly, his faith in her.

Jonas puts in an appearance. Kelowna is on the brink of civil war. He's been forbidden to contact Earth but has come anyway seeking help with some strange disappearances that have been occurring- people and artifacts are missing with no trace of what happened to them. SG-1 (with Carter in the lead) lend what help they can, but all signs point towards an impossibility: Nirrti. Hints are made that there could be government involvement, but before any evidence can be found, SG-1 is discovered and kicked off the planet. Jonas is demoted.

We get occasional hints about what Jack is up to, or at least a few facts/rumors start to surface which have the teammates suspecting that Jack might be involved in whatever it is.

The Super Soldiers exist, but only as rumors of "ghost warriors" who are impervious to weapons of all kind and who appear and disappear at will. Whole SG teams disappear and/or are massacred and Teal'c hears word that these "ghost warriors" are attacking Jaffa, too. Not just the rebels, either. Patterns are hard to predict and eyewitness accounts (not that there are ever many survivors) tend to contradict each other. Teal'c has his hands full with the rebel Jaffa, who are growing restless and increasingly less confident that the Tau'ri are capable of helping them in their cause.

Avenger 2.0 features McKay, not Felger, and the ep is generally more serious in nature. Jack calls in from wherever he is offworld, furious at the delay the virus is causing- he needs to report in and he needs to report in NOW. Hammond assigns Sam to work with McKay and sparks fly as usual. McKay tries to get Sam to stay behind when he volunteers to go offworld and fix the problem and expresses some genuine concern for her, which she interprets as an insult and rebuffs. They go back to sniping. McKay is justified to learn that it wasn't entirely his fault the virus went awry and is flattered that the goa'uld thought it worthy of stealing. He devises a solution, but still needs Carter's ingenuity to pull it off and save the day. They make a pretty good team, but neither is willing to admit it. ;)

Chimera would focus on Daniel and Osiris and would be a little more sped up so that Osiris is captured 3/4 of the way through the ep. The final act would be mostly concerned with a very traumatized Sarah trying to bring forth memories of exactly what it was Osiris wanted from Daniel and why. What answers she can find don't seem to make much sense- not to her and not to Daniel. The Ancients are mentioned as well as something known only as "The Enemy".

The B-plot is Pete who, it turns out, is the secret Carter has been trying to keep. B-plot is from Pete's perspective. That gives us a better insight into his character and motivations and let's us see how strangely Carter is acting, at least to an "outside" observer. He doesn't follow Carter on the stakeout but sort of stumbles across it and becomes involved. He is told only enough to keep him quiet and while that's enough to keep him happy, it may not be enough for Carter...

A Ghost Warrior is captured. Carter and Teal'c are sent to investigate. They aren't able to learn much except that some of the Warrior's equipment/abilities may tie in with the things Jonas reported missing. The Warrior has also undergone some massive gengineering/genetic mutation that once again bring to mind Nirrti's experiments. Jack appears out of the blue and assumes command, but he isn't telling them anything. When the Warrior dies under mysterious circumstances, Carter wonders if Jack had anything to do with it.

Meanwhile, Daniel is plagued by half-memories of his time as an ascended being. Using his own notes, stuff added by Jonas and Sarah's scattered accounting of Osiris's memories, he manages to track down and activate an Ancient device located on Earth. Or he thinks he does. He can't immediately determine what it's doing, but eventually he figures out that it's sending out a powerful signal. About the time he figures that out, the signal stops. Meanwhile, a device on the dead Warrior's armor starts to blink. On Langara, an artifact located in the clutter on Jonas's desk begins to pulse. Ancient text momentarily flickers across his computer screen, then returns to normal. Jonas doesn't see it happen.

Heroes would fit in there somehow, with Jack coming back on another one of his brief visits to fill in Hammond on what's happening. Carter wouldn't go all gooey-eyed about Jack being the greatest thing to the Stargate Program, ever. This could be the ep where Jack finally gets to fill in his teammates on what's been happening, but since it's from the POV of the reporter, we don't get any clear idea of what it is, only that it's big. Jonas shows up again, having once again defied his superiors. He's distracted and skittery and the reporter's attempts to interview him turn out oddly as Jonas alternates rhapsodizing about Earth food with random bits about dreams and voices and needing to find something, then claiming he doesn't know what the reporter is talking about when pressed for details. Hopefully this could be condensed to one ep.

The scientist working on Goa'uld/human hybrid is getting help from Nirrti who is, in turn, working for Anubis (unwillingly- she owes him a great debt). There could be ties to the Ghost Warriors as well. Discovering the source of the Ghost Warriors has been Jack's ongoing mission this season. Jack and Teal'c investigate while Carter and Daniel try to puzzle out what's going on with Jonas. Jonas has returned because he's found evidence that his government is in collusion with Anubis and that they've been supplying him with artifacts and "genetic samples" to help with his Ghost Warriors project. However, something more seems to be bothering him and he's still acting a bit off. Daniel is able to tie in some of what Jonas is talking about with his research into the Ancients/search for the lost city, but he has no idea how Jonas is managing to come by this information. Nirrti manages to escape Jack and Teal'c but promises they have not seen the last of her. She drops hints about Jonas. Jack and Teal'c return to base to discover that Jonas has left. Jack leaves, too, off to investigate some of his own leads on his own.

Sam figures that Jonas is upset about his government's role in things, but Daniel discovers that Jonas has translated some of the Ancient texts that had been left lying on Daniel's desk. The artifact Daniel discovered is active again, only this time it's doing something slightly different and he isn't sure what. He has a suspicion that Jonas may have some answers, but when Sam, Daniel and Teal'c go to Langara to find him, they discover that Jonas has gone missing... and that THEY are under suspicion. The only clue in Jonas's office is the pusling artifact, which has been dropped on the floor. SG-1 manages to escape, barely, but chances are they won't be welcomed back. Ever.

Lost City probably plays out pretty much the same, but with the added factor of a missing Jonas adding weight to certain things, especially after Jack downloads the archive and Daniel starts to notice more points of reference between the effect the archive has on Jack and the way Jonas was behaving. Nirrti's involvement is a strong possibility.

Dani347
June 21st, 2004, 03:28 PM
Oh, something else. No homages.

ShadowMaat
June 21st, 2004, 03:31 PM
Amen to no homages.

Adamixoye
June 21st, 2004, 03:57 PM
I have far less complaints about season 7 than it seems so many do, but here are a few things I would change:

Teal'c has lines in non-Jaffa episodes, too
Jonas doesn't go back to his homeworld, instead he becomes more of a liason, going on missions and/or helping Daniel/Sam with translations/R&D from time to time (at least 4 episodes); however, only "Fallout" has anything to do with his homeworld; he is spun off into "Atlantis" through his involvement in the plotline of "The Lost City"
Janet doesn't die
Pete, "Space Race", and "Enemy Mine" do not exist
McKay has some role to prep us for his part in "Atlantis"
The most negotiable of those for me is Janet's death. I thought "Heroes" was good, and it made sense in some ways for them to kill her character off, but it will be weird without her.

That about covers it for me.

stargate barbie
June 21st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Chimera would focus on Daniel and Osiris and would be a little more sped up so that Osiris is captured 3/4 of the way through the ep. The final act would be mostly concerned with a very traumatized Sarah trying to bring forth memories of exactly what it was Osiris wanted from Daniel and why. What answers she can find don't seem to make much sense- not to her and not to Daniel. The Ancients are mentioned as well as something known only as "The Enemy".

The B-plot is Pete who, it turns out, is the secret Carter has been trying to keep. B-plot is from Pete's perspective. That gives us a better insight into his character and motivations and let's us see how strangely Carter is acting, at least to an "outside" observer. He doesn't follow Carter on the stakeout but sort of stumbles across it and becomes involved. He is told only enough to keep him quiet and while that's enough to keep him happy, it may not be enough for Carter...

i could have lived with this version of the episode much easier. i actually wouldn't have had to hate pete then. :D
also, he wouldn't have walked out on her the morning after they sleep together. preferably they wouldn't have slept together (at least not so obviously, they could have ended that scene with "so do you want to come in?" if they really wanted to get the point across) and that scene wouldn't have had even the oportunity to exist.

as for what i'd do differently, not that much. i'd have given osiris a much better send off, similar to what was expressed above.
there wasn't too much i didn't like about it though. jonas would have been back more. enemy mine would have been more interesting. teal'c and Ista wouldn't have happened so suddenly and obviously (i'm starting to think some of TPTB are a little bit frustrated in that department). daniels memory would have been more of an issue, and not just for the sake of exposition. (like jonas being new in season 6)
if i were to redo the season, i wouldn't do too much to it.
if i were to just make my own season, i wouldn't have come up with half of what they did, so it would be entirely different. can't really say how though, because i already have the experience of seeing season 7. i'm not explaining myself very well here, am i?

stargate barbie
June 21st, 2004, 04:29 PM
ooh ooh! maybourne is back. so is mckay. mini jack doesn't check out underage girls, nor does he appear to be an alcoholic ;)
cassie is in heroes. maybe a scene where sam goes to her house or picks her up from somewhere to tell her what happened.
MORE HOMAGES! :D (what, i like them :p )
coombs would be in avenger 2.0, at least briefly.
ok i think thats it. for now. ;)

Mar9645
June 21st, 2004, 04:41 PM
Grace? What's that?
Grace was a good episode IMO. What spoiled it was the nauseating over-the-top ship it generated. The only hug between Jack and Sam that was justified in Season 7 was the one at the end of Death Knell.

Heroes2 would be a lot different. Highlight to read.Janet would be alive
In my AR she will be along with Jonas becoming a recurring character, Pete going away, Major Davis transferring to Cheyenne Mountain, General Hammond staying in command and Jack going off to run the newest Alpha site so he and Sam can get over each other.

Fan fiction is even better than dreams!;)

ShadowMaat
June 21st, 2004, 05:02 PM
Guess I overthought the question just a wee bit, huh? ;) Ah well. I'll try again when my thoughts are feeling smaller. ;)

aAnubiSs
June 21st, 2004, 05:05 PM
Stargate SG1 - 7x01 - Fallen: Would Left it the way it was

Stargate SG1 - 7x02 - Homecoming: Would have more Ha'taks attacking Anubis, would also have the SGC send alot of people to pick upp all the rests of Anubis' ship.

Stargate SG1 - 7x03 - Fragile Balance: Would have left it the way it is, with a small change. Jack Jr. would not go to high school, instead he would have some role in the SGC.

Stargate SG1 - 7x04 - Orpheus. Would have left it the way it was.
Stargate SG1 - 7x05 - Revisions: Would never have been filmed.
Stargate SG1 - 7x06 - Lifeboat: Wouls never have been filmed.

Stargate SG1- 7x05-06: A Well deserved present, but a costly one.

The SGC get information that a Ha'tak belonging to Kali has crashed on a planet. However they must move quickly, because Baal has also gotten this information. The SGC brings in ALOT. Assault teams, Stationary Machine guns. Anti Aircraft Missiles and everything, they'd call the rebel Jaffa too so that they would really secure.

Well while they are fixing the ship, one of Baals underlord shows up. the SGC and rebeljaffa flees into the Ha'tak and start playing a game of Hide 'N Seek. After heavy casualties on both sides the SGC was able to hold off the attack.

The Episode ends with the Ha'tak going to hyperspace to the Beta site.

Stargate SG1 - 7x07 - Enemy Mine: Less ugh nog uuuj. would have shown them start mining and that humans and unas can work together.

Stargate SG1 - 7x08 - Space Race: Would have left it the way it was, But would also started negosiations about weapon technology.

Stargate SG1 - 7x09 - Avenger 2.0: Wouldn't have changed anything, atleast not that I can come up with.

Stargate SG1 - 7x10 - Birthright - Would have shown the female Jaffa getting equipment and being taught mlilitary tactics.

Stargate SG1 - 7x11-12 - Evolution - Would have left it the way it was. The SGC Ha'tak was helping the female Jaffa with a raid to get more naquadah. Maybe the SGC should have taken a few Ha'taks, Gliders, Tel'taks and Al'keshs from Lord Whatshisface.

Stargate SG1 - 7x13 - Grace.avi - Would have shown the BC-303 firing the main Asgard Cannon.

Stargate SG1 - 7x14 - Fallout - We help them, for a big share of the Naquadriah P.S. If we can get tok'ra crystals for this, why don't we make an underground base on the moon or something? Building F-302s and stuff :)

Stargate SG1 - 7x15 - Chimera - More focus on what Sarah and Pete felt and maybe integrate them into SGC?

Stargate SG1 - 7x16 - Death Knell.avi - Would have left it the way it was. SGC-Ha'tak is currently undergoing repairs and upgrades.

Stargate SG1 - 7x17 - Heroes, part 1 - left it the way it was. GOD I LOVE THAT PROBE!

Stargate SG1 - 7x18 - Heroes, part 2 - Would have given more time to show the action. And less of this ''oooh Jack might be dead...''

Stargate SG1 - 7x19 - Resurrection - Would never have filmed it.

Stargate SG1 - 7x19 - : In order to test the Upgraded BC-303 ( all human weapons are removed(AA-Guns) and replaced with Goa'uld Glider Cannon, Al'kesh-turret on the highest point, second Al'kesh Cannon(from evolusion) upper middle. The 6 Missile Launchers on the back would be 4 missile launchers and 2 cannons we negosiated us to (Space Race). The 4 front launchers would all have been removed and 4 cannons added there.
This Updated BC-303, together with the 2 Ha'taks, gliders with missiles, and 8 F-302s, would attack a small naquadah mine occupied by Kali. They would destroy the two Ha'taks guarding it with only a Al'kesh being destroyed. The BC-303 would then return to Earth while the 2 Ha'taks stayed for a while, leaving Mining Equipment and people to set it up. The 2 Ha'taks would then hide for a while, if anyone should try to attack the Naquadah mine.

Stargate SG1 - 7x20 - Inauguration - Great Episode.
Stargate SG1 - 7x21 - The Lost City, part 1 - Would have speeded things up a bit
Stargate SG1 - 7x22 - The Lost City, part 2 - As soon as Anubis scoutpart appeared the 2 SGC Ha'taks would have been given new orders: Attack one of Anubis' outposts.
Then I would have shown MUCH MUCH more action. The BC-303 with energy weapons, niiiiiiice:)

Dani347
June 21st, 2004, 05:11 PM
Stargate SG1- 7x05-06: A Well deserved present, but a costly one.

The SGC get information that a Ha'tak belonging to Kali has crashed on a planet. However they must move quickly, because Baal has also gotten this information. The SGC brings in ALOT. Assault teams, Stationary Machine guns. Anti Aircraft Missiles and everything, they'd call the rebel Jaffa too so that they would really secure.

Is this episode one that's already there, or is it your replacement for Lifeboat and Revisions?

Fallout- somebody, anybody would at least mention what Daniel did for their petty little world.

aAnubiSs
June 21st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Is this episode one that's already there, or is it your replacement for Lifeboat and Revisions?

Fallout- somebody, anybody would at least mention what Daniel did for their petty little world.

That was my replacement episode. A two-parter.

Daniel never gets any credit:>

Adamixoye
June 21st, 2004, 06:16 PM
aAnubiSs, it sounds like our opinions are pretty different. You didn't have anything you wanted changed for episodes I didn't like, and you disliked some episodes I thought were okay.

But really, what's with the .avi stuff? Been doing some downloading have we?

bcmilco
June 21st, 2004, 08:18 PM
Shadow I really liked your season! You had some really great stuff in it! :)

From what I've seen shippers (of any couple) have no trouble seeing ship on their own

Not true, for me anyway. Season 5 had 3(?) scenes that I though were shippy. Ship has to be blocked just like Jack and Daniel scenes IMO. ;)

---
Since I'm no writer I'll just motify the current s7 ;)
Jack's Absense in my season 7 would be CLEARLY explained by his having temporary command at the Alpha Site.
Oh, and Teal'c would have lines through out the season not just when there were other Jaffa around. ;)

07x01 - Fallen -- Left basically the same minor change would be instead of "Starwars Bombing Run" the team would ring up and plant a bomb to take out the "eyes" (not very original but it removes the "homage" that made me cringe ;))

07x02 - Send Off - Jonas would be given a GOOD send off, and Jack would hand him a GDO and tell him to stop by from time to time. ;) Minor stuff with Daniel's ascention he's still very much having problems remembering stuff. Maybe a scene where Teal'c doesn't do too well in a hand-to-hand battle to give support to the Orpheous storyline.

07x03 - Fragile Balance - mini-Jack would be less obssesive over beer. mini-Jack would die in the end because the Asgard couldn't prevent it. :(

07x04 - Orpheous - Stay the same.

07x05 - Revisions - The community would be related to the Ancients to keep the whole "Lost City" arc alive. Other changes too, but I'm no writer and I can't think of anything right now ;)

07x06 - Lifeboat - Stay the same.

07x07 - Enemy Mine - (wouldn't exist) Mayborne would show up, and they would find Naquadah beyond that I don't have a plot :p

07x08 - Space Race - One important change I'd make is that Warrick would ask Sam about Jonas and they'd have a little chat. Maybe Jonas would even be in the episode.

07x09 - Avenger 2.0 - I'd like to see how this episode would work with McKay.

07x10 - Birthright - Stay the same.

07x11 - Evolution Part 1 - The SS would fire one (1) shot and Teal'c would be hit in the opening scene and it would be a close call, thus making the SS actually sort of dangerous :rolleyes:

07x12 - Evolution Part 2 - the whole Burk thing would be sorted out in 2 scenes instead of 4 thus leaving time for the acutal plot of dealing with the SS and saving Daniel.

07x13 - Grace - I think I might modify some of the dialog in the S/J scene just slightly.

07x14 - Fallout - Less of the bickering delagates. A Jonas/Teal'c scene which was sorely missing. Durring the Jonas/Sam scene Sam would mention that she's just started seeing someone named Pete.

07x15 - Chimera - Daniel/Osiris line is 70% of episode. Pete stumbles onto a report he asks Sam about it, she tells him it's classified, he accepts what she says. Sam ultimately decides that as nice as Pete is she's happy being single right now, and Pete just wasn't "the one". We see Sarah start to deal with the whole Goa'uld thing.

07x16 - Death Knell - Stay the same except that the wound on Sam's leg would clearly be from a SS weapon and not just an "anonumous injury". When Sam stopped for water from the DEEP RIVER, the SS would hit her in the shoulder, and he'd get swept down river by the fast moving current when he tried to cross, so he'd be unable to follow her.

07x17 - Heroes Part 1 - Stay the same except Sam would say "He's given more of himself to this program then anyone else" instead of 'given up more'.

07x18 - Heroes Part 2 - I'd have Cassie actually be in the episode.

07x19 - Inauguration - Inauguration would stay the same. Resurrection would no longer exist.

07x20 - Lost City Part 1 -
07x21 - Lost City Part 2 -
07x22 - Lost City Part 3 - Fleshout the story and make it a three parter since it was supposed to be a movie this would be more in keeping with the length ;)

Madeleine
June 21st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Daniel wouldn't recover his memory right away, it'd be an ongoing but very minor arc through at least the first half of the season...

Stories would focus on getting back to basics- exploration and defense. The destruction of Abydos would have unforseen aftereffects and might cause problems with some of our allies... who would start to question our reliability.

Avenger 2.0 features McKay, not Felger, and the ep is generally more serious in nature.

It was easier to snip Shadow's post than to type the above for myself. Shadow, I loved some of your other ideas, but they're not the sort of thing I'd have thought of for myself, so I left them out.

Other things I'd have done:

Grace would have had some action or suspense or at least a revelation about Carter more exciting that that she needs a man to be happy etc.

Space Race wouldn't have had the announcers.

Heroes pt one wouldn't have existed. SG13's offworld mission would have been spliced into another ep (Enemy Mine, perhaps, or Death Knell) and Heroes would have been the next week. That'd leave an episode short, which could focus on Teal'c but not on Jaffa. Except for Changeling there hasn't been any non-Jaffa Teal'c ep since New Ground.

Adamixoye
June 21st, 2004, 10:11 PM
Why do so many of you hate "Resurrection"?

petzke_42
June 21st, 2004, 10:37 PM

I liked it.

Also, for Season 7 changes...I would've started it later, or filmed more eps, so I wouldn't have to wait so long for Season 8...although the wait is ALMOST over......almost

bcmilco
June 21st, 2004, 10:50 PM

Because I didn't like it! :p
Though I wouldn't say I hate it. Just that if I could rewrite the season I wouldn't include it.

However I thought Amanda's directing was fantastic and if any of TPTB are reading this they should really let her direct again! :D

aAnubiSs
June 22nd, 2004, 03:13 AM
aAnubiSs, it sounds like our opinions are pretty different. You didn't have anything you wanted changed for episodes I didn't like, and you disliked some episodes I thought were okay.

But really, what's with the .avi stuff? Been doing some downloading have we?

It was the fastest way to get all the episodenames~~ ctrl+c,ctrl+v works wonders.

I removed the eps i felt didn't have anything to do with the main storyarc. I hate stand-alones.

Adamixoye
June 22nd, 2004, 05:59 AM
I removed the eps i felt didn't have anything to do with the main storyarc. I hate stand-alones.
That doesn't really explain it though. There were plenty of other standalone episodes that weren't as good as "Resurrection", IMO.

aAnubiSs
June 22nd, 2004, 06:11 AM
That doesn't really explain it though. There were plenty of other standalone episodes that weren't as good as "Resurrection", IMO.

Such as?

Resurrection wasn't a really really bad ep, it's just that it didn't bring anything new to the whole anubis/lost city arc

Adamixoye
June 22nd, 2004, 06:20 AM
I already posted that "Space Race", "Enemy mine", and things having to do with Pete are things I would have taken out. I not sure how those two episodes or the Pete storyline enhanced the Lost City storyline either.

And even though I like big arcs, I don't feel like *everything* has to do with one big arc throughout the season.

sgeureka
June 22nd, 2004, 09:56 AM
I could make up a list of changes for each season, even my favorite season, but here's what I would have changed for S7, which I actually liked:

I would have balanced the focus of the episodes much more: A nice Daniel ep in the later half, a little more Carter in the beginning, the same for stand-alone eps and story-arc eps of the second half
More time between Evolution, Grace, Chimera and Death Knell. Carter changes her life too fast, and IMO the device for killing the Kull warriors was developed too fast.
The first time I watched Birthright, I distinctly remembered what had already been said about primtas in S1 Bloodlines, although I had watched it ages ago. There should have been a mention of something to get rid of the incontinuities (do Jaffa kids require symbiotes at some age or is it voluntarily?)
Another actor for Chaka please.
In the first half of the season, there should have been a mention of O'Neill being away because he had training on how to run things as general. Or test pilot training. Or something else.

Crazedwraith
June 22nd, 2004, 10:06 AM
As to birthright they entioned Moloc specifically alterned his Jaffa to need symbiotes even before they implanted.

Normal Jaffa only have a need for a sym,biote after the first one his shoved and takes over the imune system.

Matt G
June 22nd, 2004, 12:05 PM
1. How to deal with Chimera: Hmmm...I still want to keep in the stuff about Sarah/Osiris and make that the dead cert A plot. The best way I can think of of taking care of the Pete/Sam stuff is to have him first turn up a few eps previous - gradually get more and more nervous about Sam's work and have his investigation start at the start of Chimera.

2. Make Avenger less dumb but still funny(not dead cert how to do that)

3. At the very least explain Jack's absence in 'Ressurection' and any other eps that he does not appear in.

4. Have Jonas turn up in an ep involving naquadriah trading or something.

5. Deal more with Daniel's time while ascended.

6. Have Jolene Blalock play Ishtar with dark hair

Crazedwraith
June 22nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
Matt, they DID explain Jack's absence in "Reserection" Barret ask them about Jack and they say he's still recovering form being shot last episode.

bcmilco
June 22nd, 2004, 05:58 PM
Matt, they DID explain Jack's absence in "Reserection" Barret ask them about Jack and they say he's still recovering form being shot last episode.

I literally rolled my eyes when they made that excuse for his absence. He's been injured far worse on many an occasion and come back the next week with nothing wrong.

IMO they should have said he was off command the Alpha site or busy with paper work, it would have made for a better setup for what's going to happen to him in s8. ;)

taupecat
June 22nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
The only hug between Jack and Sam that was justified in Season 7 was the one at the end of Death Knell.

And Heroes 2! That was justified!!!

tlp6191
June 22nd, 2004, 08:48 PM
show me more carter! (*)(*)

Crazedwraith
June 23rd, 2004, 03:32 AM
I literally rolled my eyes when they made that excuse for his absence. He's been injured far worse on many an occasion and come back the next week with nothing wrong.

IMO they should have said he was off command the Alpha site or busy with paper work, it would have made for a better setup for what's going to happen to him in s8. ;)
Hey! A flimsy excuse is still an escuse and if you were a shot by a jaffa would you be game for fighting evil nazi NID clones a few days later?

As for worse has happened before. When??
And anyway maybe Revisions was set way closer to Heros than any of the other next episodes were to the injury episode. If that makes any sense to you.

Dani347
June 23rd, 2004, 03:54 AM
And anyway maybe Revisions was set way closer to Heros than any of the other next episodes were to the injury episode. If that makes any sense to you.

It does to me. Even if he did go on a mission the week after getting injured in another episode, that's not saying only a week passed on show. Months may have passed between two episodes. Maybe Revisions was set only a day or so after Heroes.

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 07:32 AM
I think Chimera could have been done in a slightly better way than using a device to go into Daniel's head

bcmilco
June 23rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
As for worse has happened before. When??

"Solitudes" - Broken Leg, cracked/broken ribs, internal bleeding.

"Message In a Bottle" - Pole through shoulder (though, supposedly not much damage was done, I can't imagine just getting back out in the field the next week ;))

"The Devil You Know" - Staff blast to the leg.

etc, etc. Point is he gets injured and it doesn't show up in the next episode as even a sore muscle. ;)

And anyway maybe [Resurrection] was set way closer to Heros than any of the other next episodes were to the injury episode. If that makes any sense to you.

Yeah, I get what you're saying but I would think that they'd want to maintain some sort of time continuity within the series. *shrugs*

Mio
June 23rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
I think Chimera could have been done in a slightly better way than using a device to go into Daniel's head
How would you have done it?

Madeleine
June 23rd, 2004, 09:03 PM
"Solitudes" - Broken Leg, cracked/broken ribs, internal bleeding.

"Message In a Bottle" - Pole through shoulder (though, supposedly not much damage was done, I can't imagine just getting back out in the field the next week ;))

"The Devil You Know" - Staff blast to the leg.

etc, etc. Point is he gets injured and it doesn't show up in the next episode as even a sore muscle. ;)

Yeah, I get what you're saying but I would think that they'd want to maintain some sort of time continuity within the series. *shrugs*

Funny thing: continuity is the reason why he never had injuries carried over into the subsequent ep before. If the transmission order had to be changed - which often happens as a show is being fimed - it wouldn't be right.

bcmilco
June 23rd, 2004, 10:44 PM
Funny thing: continuity is the reason why he never had injuries carried over into the subsequent ep before. If the transmission order had to be changed - which often happens as a show is being fimed - it wouldn't be right.

Even more reason to use the Alpha site as the excuse. ;)

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 11:20 PM
For one thing, I was glad to see the return of Osiris. But isn't it just coincidence that Daniel goes home those nights. Normally they stay at the SGC. I'm sure Osiris could have figured out another way

petzke_42
June 24th, 2004, 12:41 AM

Another thing: I don't think it's ever been established that Stargate airs in real time...(i.e. SG-1 only going through the gate 1 time a week, when we watch it). We only get to see it once a week, but Sam has explained to her dad that she sometimes visits other planets 2-3 times a week. It may have been 2 days since the last ep, or a month.

Dani347
June 24th, 2004, 05:33 AM
That's what I thought. It would be all too tidy to say 1 exact week has passed between every mission we see.

bcmilco
June 24th, 2004, 05:02 PM
That's what I thought. It would be all too tidy to say 1 exact week has passed between every mission we see.

I never expected it to be exactly a week. just some where in the ballpark, for the average episode. Obviously some episodes would have a much different time frame.

It's not a big deal to me, it just seemed very strange to almost never have injuries mentioned from one episode to the next, and then have something like a staffblast -one that was mostly stopped by the new shielding- lay him out for the next episode. IMO it would have been better to use some other excuse like the Alpha Site, plus as I said it would play into where they were going with Jack's character in s8. ;)

ShadowMaat
June 24th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Not to interrupt this wonderfully anal, nitpicky argument about timing, but... ;)

I agree that the excuses used for Jack's absences were, generally speaking, pretty pathetic. Not just the "still suffering from being shot" thing, but a lot of others as well. Not only were the excuses weak, but I didn't feel that TPTB made as effective use of RDA's time as they could have. I mean, some scenes seemed like pointless excuses to say, "See? There's Jack!" before running him off again. That would be one thing I'd changed, were I able to go back and be in charge of S7. ;) If not the "top secret mission" I envisioned, then at least have him off being in charge of the Alpha Site or something. Like BCM said, it'd be good buildup for S8.

I would also have utilized Corin Nemec as much as I possibly could without him actually being a part of the team (grrr on that stipulation). Corin is, IMO, a very powerful and talented actor and to have him shafted so completely is massively unfair to the actor, to the character, and to the fans. So what if Daniel is back? That doesn't mean you have to shove Jonas in a Kelownan broom closet and pretend he never existed! :mad:

I don't think they did a very good job with Daniel's return, either. Everything was just way, WAY too convenient.

Mar9645
June 25th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Not to interrupt this wonderfully anal, nitpicky argument, but... ;)
Is that what we do here? HE, HE. :D

I would also have utilized Corin Nemec as much as I possibly could without him actually being a part of the team (grrr on that stipulation). Corin is, IMO, a very powerful and talented actor and to have him shafted so completely is massively unfair to the actor, to the character, and to the fans. So what if Daniel is back? That doesn't mean you have to shove Jonas in a Kelownan broom closet and pretend he never existed! :mad:
If I remember correctly, it was the ultimate PTB at MGM who decided to get rid of Corin/Jonas as quickly and quietly as possible. His fan following didn't count as much as Daniel's. :eek:

I don't think they did a very good job with Daniel's return, either. Everything was just way, WAY too convenient.
And from the plot descriptions for Season 8 so far, they're still ignoring the biggest unanswered question (IMO it even beats out who the heck the Furlings are) in the entire Stargate mythos: what was Daniel really doing while he was ascended? If TPTB had seriously delved into that during Season 7, the storytelling would have been deeper, richer and more honest than it was. There would have been no room for episode abominations like Avenger 2.0, Resurrection, Chimera and, most of all, Heroes. The character development for everyone would have been strong and noticable and the story threads going into Season 8 would have been truly meaningful rather than the comic book stereotype story lines, IMO, they've stuck themselves and the viewers with for the next 20 episodes. :(

David85
June 26th, 2004, 08:04 AM
I would have delayed it a few months, season 8 is on a month later, why not season 7? I would also have Jonus around so it looks like there is more people to fill in for less Jack.

Anthro Girl
June 26th, 2004, 11:48 AM
I've thought long and hard about this one. What I would change about Season 7: Kianna's hair. Or Jonas' hair. One or both. :p They sort of looked like twins and it bugged me. I understand the director's commentary mentioned that.

I'm still sad about the whole Janet issue, but more so for the fact that it was spoiled so early and therefore hung over most of the season (and discussion) until it aired. As a result of that, I'm avoiding most spoilers for S8 (official interviews, episode titles and brief GW synopses only, if that). As far as Heroes, Pt 1&2 is concerned, I thought that was some great TV.

I consider Season 7 done, wrapped, finished, delivered...it is what it is. I'm grateful for it and I enjoyed it. I prefer to think that it's just a TV show...maybe my standards aren't as high as some? The more I think of the kind of organization, skill and talent it takes to pull off a weekly show, the more I admire the entire franchise. I don't regularly watch any other show and I wouldn't survive SG1 if it weren't for a DVR. I imagine that when SG1 and SGA are over - hopefully after many more seasons of either - I'll go back to not watching network/broadcast tv.

Mar9645
June 27th, 2004, 05:48 AM
I consider Season 7 done, wrapped, finished, delivered...it is what it is.
This is true only up to a point. Stargate SG-1 is, afterall, episodic TV. It can be fixed, changed or butchered in a way that real life can't be. I just read the Robert Cooper interview and it looks like Season 8 is going to turn into the cleaning-house season. TPTB will be attempting to clear out the leftover dust bunnies, spills and junk-filled closets, basement and attic that exist from the previous seven seasons.

The cynic in me, after Season 7 and from so many decades of seeing what passes for common sense and good storytelling on television, interprets Daniel's ascension resolution, apparently planned for the one episode "Lockdown", as an easy way out. They want to wrap that whole controversey up in one quick step so they can forget it ever existed and hope the viewers will accept it. There is such a thing as going too far too fast, even if it is 'just a TV show'.

The more I think of the kind of organization, skill and talent it takes to pull off a weekly show, the more I admire the entire franchise.
It's very sad when the organization, skill and talent start deteriorating. Stargate SG-1 was not only the best genre series but the highest quality episodic television show currently in production. My qualifying 'was' (IMO) has to do with real life factors that have popped up, starting at the end of Season 6: money and pressure from controlling forces outside the Bridge Studio that have and, I suspect, will inhibit the direction Season 8 takes.

My cynicism comes from seeing too many changes and reset buttons used because of financial/ratings reasons rather than for solid, creative goals over the years. Then, when the great show has been ruined beyond repair, the outside PTB that generated the mess will blame everyone else for the decline and use their 'CANCEL' button to make it all go away.

Yes, it's only an entertaining television show, but when the entertainment 'business' ruins good entertainment for their short-sighted bottom-line, we, the viewers, are the losers.

Vicki
June 30th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Well, for me it would be "Heroes? Do you mean that Season 2 JAG episode, because that's the only Heroes I know?!" ;)

Let's just say, Janet would be alive and kicking at the end of Season 7.

And Teryl would have been in the opening credits *beams*

I also doubt that "Chimera" would have happened... I adore Osiris and I was very disappointed in the fact that we no longer have her to play with. Speaking of female Goa'ulds, I'd have tried my best to get Hathor back... don't ask me how... but I adore both Hathor and Suanne Braun :)

Also, I disliked the character of Pete. Not because he was Sam's boyfriend, because I didn't really care about that. I just disliked him as a character and if I'd have done Season 7, then if Sam had a guy, he wouldn't have been like Pete. And I certainly wouldn't have had the whole revealing classified information to him at the end *rolls eyes*

*thinks*

I like repercussions, so I think I'd have probably had some form of repercussion from "Lifeboat". Did Daniel remember being trapped in his own body, or is there just a blank? We saw Janet completely lose it... that's not our Janet normally. Especially if Daniel doesn't remember it, then she had the most traumatic experience of them all IMHO, having to actually interact with all these people, all while looking at the body of her friend. Not necessarily making "Lifeboat" a two-parter, but a couple of scences dispersed through the next episode as a "C-plot" perhaps.

Too many episodes were based around one character I thought, so I'd have prefered more team based ones. Even without as much Jack... I loved "Nightwalkers" even though he wasn't in it, and also there was a good reason why he was away.

Janet would get to go off-world for fun. Well, not fun fun, but not as a desperate medical emergency (and especially not one which would get her shot *mumble grumble*)

I do like seeing the team off base in "normal" surroundings, so they'd have been a few of those scattered throughout the season. I can see the scene where Daniel and Teal'c arrive at Jack's house in "The Lost City" with Janet oh so clearly in my mind :)

And if I have Daniel and Janet growing closer throughout the season.... *smiles and whistles innocently* We Dan/Jan shippers can ship on just about anything, so I'm pretty sure the rest of you would be able to ignore it as you wished....

...Until I throw in Janet's first on-screen kiss for seven years that is *laughs* And as for whether or not she gets... lucky as it was so carefully phrased at SG-7, would be left up to your own interpretation

*bg*

Vicki

LtLisa
July 3rd, 2004, 03:29 PM
so, I'm going to do this in a manner that keeps with the episodes (mostly) with some changes.

Fallen/Homecoming: I'll leave this alone mostly, but Daniel shouldn't remeber much by the end, maybe just some people, a few things

Fragile Balance: MiniJack will not have a beer obsession and will not ogle high school girls. MiniJack will go with Thor, maybe we'll see him again? Also, something should be mentioned about the whole he's leaving his friends thing.

Orpheus: Better tie to the Jaffa rebellion, a little more info. More Daniel's ascension stuff too

Revisions: Needs continuity and ties to the rest of the season, but I don't see how to do it...and lets deal some more with Daniel's ascension

Lifeboat: Make the people be from Kelowna, call in Jonas to help. More on Daniel's ascension

Enemy Mine: at least explain a little more what happened since we last saw Chaka. guess what? more on Daniel's ascension

Space Race: lose a few of those commercials, we see enough real ones...

Avenger 2.0: bring in McKay once the s^*% hits the fan

Birthright: more about the rest of the rebel Jaffa, maybe we can finally give Daniel his memories back now...

Evolution: Make it much harder to get info from the super-soldier, but leave the rest be

Grace: The Sam/Hallucination conversation...Sam confronts her feelings and realizes she needs to talk to Jack (a real adult conversation, wow!). Instead of Sam's thank you line, insert conversation here: Sam and Jack admit how they feel, he says he's nearing retirement after everything thats been happening (Baal, etc), they decide to wait til after the current threat.

Fallout: minor addition to the Jonas/Sam convo to include Jonas asking Sam about Jack (token shippy moment...or nothing if you don't like ship...nice and subtle)

Chimera: There is no Pete, the whole thing concentrates on the Osiris story, continuing beyond Sarah's rescue, getting into intelligence info and Sarah recovery

Death Knell: some Jack/Jacob interaction at the end, right before he leaves

Heroes: lose some of the Sam babbling, especially tone down the bits about Jack, have her put Bergman in his place for daring to suggest inappropriate behavior. And Cassie would be in it...at least for a couple minutes...

Resurrection: same, I liked this episode...

Inauguration: Hayes mentions a little change that the AF has been considering in the frat regs... And Weir is appointed in this episode to make more time for stuff in LC

Lost City: Sam comes to Jack's place...with news that the regs have changed for the SGC...they kiss, then on evveryone else shows up. It takes them longer to figure out the whole Proclarush Taonas thing (that was way too easy) and that Jaffa doesn't betray them (that was way to obvious)

and that'll do it for me...I wouldn't mind the super soldiers removal entirely, but can't come up with 3 hours more stuff instead. but this takes care of two of my big problems: Daniel's ascension/memories and the Sam/Jack ship (and in less than 10 minutes, as it should be...)

Anubis
July 4th, 2004, 01:07 AM
I enjoyed the super soldiers, mainly because they are super! :D

sci fi fan
July 13th, 2004, 01:46 PM
:) Here’s how I would have done it .

Everythings the same up until episode five ( Revisions) where Hammond informs the team at the beginning of the episode that O’Neill had unexpectedly ressigned his commission . The team try calling his house but no awnser , they are forced to abandon the search to go on missions,

Then in Birthright when Neith lies dying and Sam and Janet have hit a stone wall regarding treatment a hologram of O’Neill appears as a Hologram to provide them with the info they need to save her although he won’t tell them were he is or how he got the information.

Later on in the in Evolution part two when Daniel is being tourcherd Jack appears in the hut or rather a holographic version of him does as he’s using a Asgard holographic communicator like the one he used in Nemesis. He’s somewhere on Earth but won’t tell Daniel where or why he left. He encourages him to hold on and hang in there . Help will be on the way. He reapers in Hammonds office to tell him were Daniels being hidden and Hammond aggress to send a team to rescue Daniel he also asks Jack if he has confirmed which side his teams on now and says that Jacks takeing a big risk by communicating with SG-1. Jack responds that he belives it’s worth it ,after all there still his team even if one of them will try to kill him!. Also Jacob has a line in the two parter mentioning that a Zatarc detector has been stolen from a Tok’ra base.

Then in Grace when Sam is trapped onboard the Prometheus Holographic Jack appears to her , he’s onboard an Asgard scout ship at the edge of the solar system he can communicate with her but he can’t come in there to rescue her. Relaying surgestions made by Thor Jack helps Sam to repair the ship and to stay conscious.

In Fallout Jonas mentions in a brief scene about how he had this weird dream where he was beamed up to a Asgard ship and O’Neill and Thor scaned him with a Zatarc detector and asked him questions about his experience with Anubis in the opening two porter.

In Death Knell when Sam’s on the run from the super solider Jack appears to her at various pointsb in his holographic form. He encourages her to keep going and telling her how to stay ahead of the drone.

Then in the Hero’s two Parter the city ruins aren’t the only thing that SG-13 find . They also find a badly hurt unconscious Jack who they have to defend in the fire fight. In Hero’s part 2 Jack awakens and the reporter senseing a story spy’s on a meeting where O’Neill and Hammond inform the rest of SG-1 why he’s been on the run for the past few months. It seems that a few days after Fragile Balance the Tok’ra contacted O’Neill with intelligence surgesting that one of his team mates had been turned into a Zatarc with orders to kill O’Neill although they didin’t know who it was or when the program was set to become active. This left O’Neill with no choice , contacting Thor he arragend to go on the run and has been on an Asgasrd ship that has been parked in the desert ever since. He reports that he and Thor stole a Zatarc dtector to try to modify it to detect the assation but the new program was buried to deep in their subconscious . As he revels he has tried everyone who has been on SG-1 and had come up negetive. However when serching the planet were the Goul’d probe was to see if it could be captured and it’s info downloaded to help he was attacked by Jonas! He must have been the Zatarc and been programmed when he was captured by Anubis. Happily Jack then revels that one it knew he the assassin was Thor was able to beam Jonas to his ship and erase the programming from his memory.

Keep Revisions as it is mention that Jack is still recovering form his injurys.

Keep Lost City as it is.

Zyklon
August 2nd, 2004, 04:12 AM
I thought the way Daniels return and Jonas's departure was handled was utterly shambolic.... particular emphasis on Jonas's departure.
It was just so bloody cold and clinical - may as well had the writers stood there at the last scene in Homecoming saying "yeah bye... dont let the door hit you on your way out".
Hope series seven gets better (only watched the first DVD) as I've lost a whole lot of faith in SG1 after seeing that.

VirtualCLD
August 2nd, 2004, 05:53 AM
I thought the way Daniels return and Jonas's departure was handled was utterly shambolic.... particular emphasis on Jonas's departure.
It was just so bloody cold and clinical - may as well had the writers stood there at the last scene in Homecoming saying "yeah bye... dont let the door hit you on your way out".
Hope series seven gets better (only watched the first DVD) as I've lost a whole lot of faith in SG1 after seeing that.
A lot of people feel that Season 7 as the all time low of SG-1 (I don't really think of it like that, but it did have its low moments). However, so far, Season 8 seems to be shaping up nicely.

Genty
August 4th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Only seen the first 8 episodes so you'll have to bear with me...

Fallen / Homecoming: Get rid of and write a different story one where Daniel doesnt come back (MS wanted out, he should live with that choice, not come floating back in whenever he wants to...) and Jonas stays in SG-1. This in turn would mean no Enemy Mine (but it was pants anyway...) so Jonas gets the people in his head thing in Life Boat and the other Ep, Revisions gets kept as it is along with Frag Balance. Orpheus is changed but the basic plot is the same, Ryac/ Bra'tac captured, Teal'c injured and under goes the recovery etc SG-1 rescue them... Then just make Space Race funnier, and more stargate related (It just didnt seem like it to me...)

Sorted :D

Matt G
August 4th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Err...Genty

Basic ground rules:
-You have to bring Daniel back
-Jonas cannot stay on as a main character (He can be a recurring Character Similar to Jacob or Bra'tac)

Back to the drawing board mate!

Genty
August 5th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Err...Genty

Back to the drawing board mate!

Doh.... Teach me to read the rules eh?

Anyway dont steel my fire! Thats what i would like to of seen...

CKO
September 7th, 2004, 09:38 AM
NO PETE!!!!!!!!!
Janet doesn't die.
Jonas shows up a few more times as a guest char.
s/j ship
more dan/jan interaction either as friends, perhaps as a couple.
i liked the bkround story to the sarah/ daniel relationship, would have liked ta have seen her deal with her being osiris..

Crazedwraith
September 24th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Since this is my thread i decided i should put my own ideas up.

"Fallen" is about the same, however Daniel at least wait until Jonas has been zatted to close the hatch and leg it.

"Homecoming" is very different, Instead of Ba'al, Osiris betrays and kills Anubis and Jonas Quin is killed when the Kelowenians fail to follow through on an SG-1 paln they previously agreed to, other than that Osiris is driven off.

Most of the other episodes are similar.

"Fallout" obviously has Jack being grumpy and not want to help people who got a member through their spinelessness...twice.

No super soldiers. Means Evolution doesn't excist. It is replaced with an episode involving the Politicals of the System Lords we learn that the System Lords at large don't know Anubis is gone and Osiris is charge of his domain using his rep to cow the other system lords and bluff about the fact she no longer has a source of Anceint tech. We lern she's also reinforcing her Anubis image with new Jaffa with better armour (can actually stop P90 and 5.56mm rounds)

next few episodes are similar to the original thou less orvert ship and Chimera obviously doesn't involve Osiris being captured, Instead she learns enough about the location of TLC for her to be a factor in the finale.

And Death Knell has the same internal politics of the SGC but with my new Jackal Jaffa instead of supersoldiers.

TLC is similar Jack does the fifth race gig once again but does not go to Earth. Both Osiris and SG-1 find their way to a place they beleive to be TLC, theres a massive scrap and firefight. SG-1 wins and Jacks healed by the machine he uses to drive off Osiris (who's strength is severly dimininished by she escapes to fight anpther day...)

The location they find is TLC as i always thought not finding TLC in an ep entitled "TLC" was stupid.

Obviously in Atlantis, Fleger accidently trigger a mechanim that send it flying off to pegasus and the team of researchers and the small Millitary contigent are trapped with no frame of reference to dial home....

ShadowMaat
September 24th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Doh.... Teach me to read the rules eh?

Anyway dont steel my fire! Thats what i would like to of seen...
Some rules were meant to be broken. :P I'm all for keeping Jonas around and not letting Daniel come back after he made his Ultimate Choice. Corin was happy to be in and Michael wanted out and that should have been that. *sigh* Then again, I wouldn't mind having Daniel back as well... as long as it didn't automatically mean kicking Jonas back through the gate where he came from. :( I think there was a lot more going on with that whole situation than we'll ever be privy to, and maybe that's a good thing, but I still desperately miss Corin's/Jonas's involvement in storylines. He reminded me that the show could be fun. The show doesn't seem to be as much fun anymore. Not to me, anyway. :( It still has its moments, but they're becoming fewer and farther between.

walter_MacChevron
October 5th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I think why the first coupe of years were so good was there was no back story...it just had SG-1 exploring other planets/fighting diseases/or the bad guys. Now after 8 years, it's much more than just going through the gate, they are a major peace-keeping team in the galaxy, the goua'ld hate 'em, the Asgard kinda brought a new enemies on the shoulder, and personal lives are startying to conflict. So, it is a different type of show: seasons 1/2/3-exploring fighting diseases and bad guys (was that an echo?)

seasons 4/5-they are established as worthy for the collapse of MAJOR goua'ld power, apophis is dead, they have alliances to cope with, and the jaffa are starting to take a stand WITH teal'c (i think).

season 6- jonas quinn is to me what scrappy doo was to The Scooby Doo Show, more than ever they were starting to wrap things up because they thought the series was done for, this season broke off a lot of flowing stories and had tried to fall back on past successes (maybourne.)

season 7- still reeling from the jonas quinn and the whole daniel jackson is back thing, they try to recover, the political aspect is very high this season and SG-1 has become involved, once again: they think it's the last season so what do they do? knock of Dr. Frasier and send off Hammond, the "finale" was to pass the torch to SGA.

Season 8- MY OPINION the closing of the anthology, everything is going to come to a climax, *cough*Reckoning*cough*, 'xcuse me, and o' neill is sittin' pretty with a General position and Carter as the lead, Tea'lc a major leader of the jaffa rebellion, and Jackson will soon make an ultimate decision if he will ascend again.

ShadowMaat
October 5th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Pssst... Wally.... The question is how would you have done S7 differently, not what's your interpretation of the direction of each season. :P

So what do YOU think? Was s7 perfect? Or were there changes you think could have been made? Would you have just made tweaks here and there or do you have an all-encompassing alternate vision of what S7 could have been? What would you have changed and why?

Maybe go back and read crazedwraith's original post. There are some silly rules you're meant to follow about any changes. ;)

spacemonkey69
October 10th, 2004, 04:32 AM
i would have changed a few things, not to many but still/....

fallen/ homecoming - would have had the team seem happier to see daniel back, and daniel wouldnt have regained his memory so quickly. jonas would have a better send off

fragile balance - mini jack wouldnt have checked the girls out at the end...creepy

orpheus - dealt more with daniels ascension

space race - bit more jack and daniel

avenger - mckay could have dropped by

evolution 1+2 - jack could have cared more about finding daniel

fallout - jonas could have kept the hair gel :p

chimera - more centred on daniel/osiris

heroes1+2- in a perfect world janet would still be alive :( but they had to show that people still COULD die, so... but would have showed cassie, and focussed a bit more on daniels guilt...he obviously would have had some ;)

lost city1+2- less sam and jack, bit more jack and daniel...he was too short to him :(

other than that, i think it was fine!

lionel_pendergast_rocks
October 10th, 2004, 07:22 AM
How i would have done S7; (These events arent in chronological order)
- I'd have had McKay instead of felger as well. come on, hes so cool and only got 2 appearances in sg-1
- Instead of having drone weapons fired at the goa'uld in LC part 2, i would have had a fleet of ancient ships waiting beneath the surface of antarctica that could operate without pilots. (i guess they would've been puddlejumpers)
- i would have totally erased the episode with the girl who had been living in that cage who was a gould/human hybrid. it seemed so boring. I would have done an episode containing action, action, action, something like a show with a big battle, if not that, something with the nox. theyre kinda cool
- i would have had the asgard in for another episode. for which one im not sure.

Crazedwraith
October 12th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Some rules were meant to be broken. :P I'm all for keeping Jonas around and not letting Daniel come back after he made his Ultimate Choice. Corin was happy to be in and Michael wanted out and that should have been that. *sigh* Then again, I wouldn't mind having Daniel back as well... as long as it didn't automatically mean kicking Jonas back through the gate where he came from. .

I wouldn't object to that happening either maat (whoops I meant matt ;))

But my idea for this thread wasn't every saying what there perfect wonderful everys just the way i like it season 7 but your ideal season 7 when placed under excatly the same circumstancs as the SG-1 production crew...

Liv
October 20th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I get to play TBTB for a moment? Lovely.

Not that anything I say is gonna make the slightest bit of difference anyway, because that would require some sort of time machine (and there are never one of those around when you really need one :p ). But why should such an insignificant detail stand in the way of making some of my wishes known. ;)

In general, and most importantly IMO, there would have been a lot more focus on Daniel's ascension and descension and his memory would not have returned as quickly as it did. He would have had a bit more of a struggle, coping with being back in human form. No shippy scenes. Ba'al would have made a lot of apperances throughout the season, seeing as how he is my favorite Goa'uld. There would have been more of a red thread running through the entire season, and less of a feeling of it, and the team, being somewhat scattered. And Jonas would not have been dropped like a hot potatoe.

But going into it in more detail:

Beware of SPOILERS (just in case):

Fallen/Homecoming: Like I said, Daniel would not have regained his memory that quickly. As much as I enjoyed his scenes with Jonas onboard the ship I did find it a bit odd (not to mention unrealistic) that they would send someone who had just been through... whatever he had been through as an ascended, on such an important mission.

Fragile Balance: I wouldn't change a thing, except for the ending, which I felt was not the way to go. High School? Nuh uh. Just... no. It would have felt much more in character to have Clone!Jack live close to base, working with something related to the Stargate program.

Orpheus: Well, it was a good story for Teal'c and his way of dealing with the loss of his symbiote and it was a good way to incorporate some of Daniel's ascending business into it. But seeing as how Jaffa stories aren't really among my favorites I would have liked to have seen less of a focus on them all in all.

Revisions: Well, this was an okay episode, but it would have been nice to have seen a bit more of the impact this Matrix - like world really had on the inhabitants, after they were released from it. I'm betting there would have been a lot of questioning going on about what kind of person they really were at the core, what with all these rewrites going on. What happened to the people who disappeared from the program? It's fine that we had to fill in some of the blanks for ourselves, but still...

Lifeboat: Wouldn't change a thing, actually. Surprise! :D

Enemy Mine: Can't think of anything to change here, either.

Space Race: This was fine too, just not all that memorable, unfortunately.

Avenger 2.0: Mostly I just want to forget this episode completely. Felger was fine in The Other Guys but this was just way too much.

Birthright: Well, a little less of an Amazonian feel to it would have been great.

Evolution, part I and II: The cuts between the kidnapping story and the Kull warriors were a bit rough and made the episodes feel a little disjointed. I would have preferred them to each get their seperate storylines, because the scenery was so different that I found myself wondering how it was all going to get tied together in the end. They're in space, no wait, now it's the jungle!

Grace: Won't get into this too much, because most of it belongs in the Ship Discussion thread, but I will say that I was very disappointed with the way Sam was written. Very disappointed, and if there was one episode I could remove from the season entirely, this would be it.

Fall-Out: This was good, we finally got to see Jonas again, so I was more or less happy with it. I think they did a bit of a disservice to the goa'uld storyline by portraying Kianna as an ambivalent goa'uld, mostly because there has been no follow-up to it, and it would have been very interesting to see how her having feelings for Jonas would have affected her... goa'uld-ness. At the end the symbiote acted a lot more like a Tok'Ra than a Goa'uld, even sacrificing herself to save Kianna.

Chimera: Well, this is easy. Focus the storyline on Sarah/Osiris and have her deal with the ramifications of having lived as a host and what she was forced to participate in during that time. Major missed opportunity there.

Death Knell: Umm... More of a real point to the story, really. Good to see Sam get to use her tactical skills but other than that, I didn't really see what the story was all about. Blowing up a Kull warrior?

Heroes, part I and II: Make Janet's death count for something, make it a part of the story, not pushed to the sideline. Don't use Jack as a diversionary tactic when absolutely no one is going to buy his death, anyway. But telling the story behind the cameras of a "news team" was a great twist.

Resurrection: Lose the X-Files angle.

Inauguration: And no clip shows!

Lost City, part I and II: Apart from one or two glitches in the shippy department I thought this was an absolutely spectacular way to end the season. Lots of drama, humour and all the little (and big) things that make Stargate so great!

And I'm done. :D

the dancer of spaz
October 22nd, 2004, 11:45 PM
1) I would NOT have killed Janet.

2) However, if she absolutely HAD to die, I would have brought SOME form or version of Cassie into that final part of the episode, and I would have showed each member of SG-1, including Hammond, having some sort of interaction with her. I'm tired of relying on fic writers to cover that base for me. :)

3) No less ship, no more ship - I would have just spread it out among the season. I would have put more Death Knellish stuff in the beginning, and all Chimera stuff in the trash can... Nah, just kidding. Chimera can stay... :rolleyes:

Supreme Commander Dave
October 24th, 2004, 05:38 AM
I thought the end of season 7 would have been a good way of ending the whole program, and say it had been the end I would have had Jack restored to normal straight away instead of being frozen.

the dancer of spaz
October 25th, 2004, 05:12 PM
I thought the end of season 7 would have been a good way of ending the whole program, and say it had been the end I would have had Jack restored to normal straight away instead of being frozen.

Nah. You had to have the "[insert character, most likely Jack] in Peril" cliffhanger so those of us who do not read spoilers (which is NOT me) would have something to worry about for four months.

PS - I didn't mind Chimera THAT MUCH... I just had to fastforward through some parts... ;)

ssx001
October 25th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Well, first and foremost...Dr Fraiser should have lived!

Secondly, there was too much X-Files consipracy theory in it. Thank god they limited it to a few episodes.

Thirdly .... what the hell was up with replacing Jessica Steen (Dr Weir) only after 2 episodes with Torri Higginson? Hellllooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! The casting director should be fired over that one!

Oh...one more minor point for Aussie viewers.....advertise SG1 better as I missed out on half the episodes as I didn't realise it was being run on Wednesday AND Thursday nights!