X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 & Stargate Atlantis - Monitors Displayed

From PR Newswire:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2196601&EDATE=

NEC-Mitsubishi Electronics Display Gets Prime Time Exposure With 'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis'

NEC MultiSync(R) LCD Monitors Featured on the Sets of Leading Sci-Fi Series 'Stargate SG-1' and the Upcoming 'Stargate Atlantis'

CHICAGO, June 21 /PRNewswire/ -- NEC-Mitsubishi Electronics Display of
    America, Inc., the number one stand-alone vendor of flat panel desktop
    displays, today announced an arrangement with leading sci-fi producers to feature select models from the company's line of award-winning NEC MultiSync(R) flat panel monitors on the set of the long-running sci-fi series STARGATE SG-1, as well as the upcoming STARGATE ATLANTIS, premiering July 16th on the Sci-Fi Channel. STARGATE SG-1 follows a team of international scientists and military personnel as they venture to a newly discovered and abandoned ancient city on a distant planet; the series is currently in its eighth season. The set of STARGATE SG-1 will be outfitted with 12 NEC MultiSync(R) LCD2080UX 20-inch flat panel monitors, while STARGATE ATLANTIS
    will feature two 40-inch NEC LCD4000 information displays.

"We are thrilled to be showcasing our displays with such a successful
    television series and to be a part of a new STARGATE venture," said Andres Maldonado, director of product development for NEC-Mitsubishi Electronics Display of America, Inc. "Flat panel monitors have become the preferred display choice today and beyond, making both STARGATE SG-1 and STARGATE ATLANTIS excellent opportunities to highlight our award-winning flat panel monitor solutions."

"Set design, especially for a futuristic show such as STARGATE, is
    integral to the overall success of the series and it is critical that we feature the most modern, up to date technology available," said Bridget McGuire, production designer for Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. "The NEC-Mitsubishi flat panel monitors will help us achieve a clean, modern, high tech look that will provide us with the futuristic atmosphere we require."

With the NEC MultiSync(R) LCD2080UX, NEC-Mitsubishi continues to build on its selection of 20-inch LCD displays, offering business and home users an attractive alternative to large CRT monitors through superior visual performance, intelligent features, and streamlined design. The large-screens allow users to display more information, thereby helping to maximize productivity and enhance the comfort of their viewing experience.

NEC-Mitsubishi's LCD4000 has already established itself as a winner in the emerging presentation display market space. Developed primarily for conference presentations, information kiosks, financial exchanges, and retail and airport signage, the NEC LCD4000, with its large viewing space coupled with remarkable brightness, is sure to capture an audience's attention.

**snippity doo-dah**

SOURCE NEC-Mitsubishi Electronics Display of America, Inc.
    Web Site: http://www.necmitsubishi.com

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Well, it's certainly good to know the SGC is keeping their technology up-to-date.

~Sarah
    Call me Sarah . . .
    • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
    • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
    • Trek forever!

Comment

I actually noticed all the new NEC flatscreens in the SGC control room in "Ex Deus Machina." Kudos to the Stargates and NEC, I say. The new monitors look great and I can personally attest to the fact that NEC monitors are excellent. I've had one for years.
      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Anybody notice the date of the first posting, June 21st, 2004
        sigpic

Comment

Huh... I guess I was pretty late in noticing the NECs then.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Working...
          X