Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi Wire article 07/19/2005 (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi Wire article 07/19/2005 (Spoilers)

From The Sci-Fi Wire:

Galactica Will Encounter Pegasus

David Eick, co-creator and executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica, offered SCI FI Wire a few more details about the introduction of the Battlestar Pegasus, a returning element from the original series, which co-creator Ronald D. Moore revealed in a panel at Comic-Con International in San Diego. "This really came out of a conversation Ron and I had early on about the episodes we had seen of the original show and what felt like they might be well served by a fresh interpretation," Eick said in an interview. He added: "The storyline that we thought was interesting was the Battlestar Pegasus. And so, naturally, we put a pretty unexpected and, I think, pretty subversive spin on it. But it's definitely going to be a fixture for a while." The Pegasus appears beginning in the 10th episode of the second season.

The arrival of the Pegasus will launch a complex story arc inspired by current events, Eick said. "It stands to reason that in a show that's all about how we're all trying to survive this horrific attack by this inhuman enemy, that the thing that we're really exploring is not that threat from without, but how it turns itself inward and how it becomes insidious and internal, and how it begins to break us down from inside ourselves," he said. "And what better way to take that idea to the next level than to introduce another human being who, on the face of it, is going to help us defeat the Cylons, defeat that third outside enemy, once and for all, but in reality serves to only remind us once again that the biggest enemy is really us?"

Eick also hinted that the Pegasus will be involved in a multi-episode arc, though its crew may not be around as long. "It's not going to go away as quickly as people might think," he said. "That's not to say that the folks involved in bringing the Pegasus to us are going to remain indefinitely. But for sure it's going to be a fixture for some time." Battlestar Galactica airs Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

WOW. I'm sure its not going to dissapoint either. I wonder how the whole "The Cylons look like us now" thing will play out. Do they know, If they do will they tell the Galactica, will they suspect the Galactica. If they don't know will the Galactica tell them, will they believe the Galactica. Oh and we need more Vipers.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

That's pretty awesome. In a show like BSG, two episodes devoted to a premise just isn't quite enough -- and that is, after all, how I like things, too. A few more than two, indeed, will get things quite interesting and I'm looking forward to how it all goes down.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Very nice thanks
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Here's an idea, what if they whole crew of the Pegasus are Cylons?

What if the Cylons took a not do damaged Battlstar, maybe it's not so dmamged because after the hacking into tis computers, the Cylons just send down boarding parties to kill everyone. So they take the dead boides, clone a lot of people to make it seem real, and meet her up with hte BSG.

Of course that would mean there are more than 12 models, which if you think about it, why couldn't here be? Maybe it's just a clever Cylon trick?
          Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Working...
          X