Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blingaway
    Because you had excess disposable income? I know your hand surgery was covered, but was the phone cord?

Back to the subject at hand*...

*get it?! The subject is hands...and I said "subject at hand..." *laughs like Roscoe P Coltrane*
    Groan, two of you and we'd have a wit (implying that one of you is only half a wit...? Oh, nevermind).

The hand, of course, and the six weeks of physiotherapy, are free, gratis, covered by our wonderful NHS which can, in truth, be very slow if you have a minor condition delt with, but which is a wonder to behold if you need emergency treatment, they saved both my parents lives.

Ho, ho, ho. The cat just fell off the sofa while playing the cello (you know, that position they get into when washing the important little bits) karmic vengance is mine.

Mmm, Dr Daniel? I've still got a cold...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
      I've found an extra Dr. Daniel for you, but he looks a little dubious about your condition.

Comment

Frosty, you call it playing the cello? I have to remember that! *snicker* And why do I get these totally un-PG thoughts inthis thread right now...*blushes and hides under desk*

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Dr. Daniel Clone MD reviews Foxy's chart...

"Hmmm...cat attack, now a cold? May require *intensive* therapy..."

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat

*sighs shaking head, since Seshat's Dr. Clones are better than mine...*

LOVE the shirt!

Comment

mmm my my my... very nice
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wirthless
                Dr. Daniel Clone MD reviews Foxy's chart...

"Hmmm...cat attack, now a cold? May require *intensive* therapy..."
                I've had a cold on and off since before the cat bite.
                Everyone at work has it. It's only a cold but it just won't go.

At least with the industrial strength antibiotics, both IV and oral, there can't be a bug left anywhere in my system. Pity antibiotics won't touch a virus though.

Iskanda, playing the cello comes from a marvelous comic called Hot Head Paisan, Homicidal Lesbian Terrorist and her wonderful cat, Chicken. It just sums the position up for me.

Come over here, Dr D, and I'll show you *intensive*.
                sigpic

Comment

LOVE the shirt!
                  Seshat is a pro.

Besides, your Dr Daniel believes me.
                  Selshat's thinks I'm malingering.

Sniffle.

The bottle of South African Pinotage is helping, well at least I don't care about the cold anymore.
                  sigpic

Comment

*trying to think of response within PG guidelines*

Comment

I've had a cold on and off since before the cat bite.
                      Everyone at work has it. It's only a cold but it just won't go.

At least with the industrial strength antibiotics, both IV and oral, there can't be a bug left anywhere in my system. Pity antibiotics won't touch a virus though.

Iskanda, playing the cello comes from a marvelous comic called Hot Head Paisan, Homicidal Lesbian Terrorist and her wonderful cat, Chicken. It just sums the position up for me.

At least you get all the Dr Daniel clones!

Ah...Chicken! Now I remember! (I proudly own a large collection of weird indie comic stuff...how could I forget Hothead Paisan? )

~CELLO!~

Comment

Dr. Clone calls his secretary to see if remainder of day can be cleared for Foxy...

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                          At least you get all the Dr Daniel clones!

Ah...Chicken! Now I remember! (I proudly own a large collection of weird indie comic stuff...how could I forget Hothead Paisan? )

So do I, our tastes are alike! I have about 15 boxes of comics ranging from mainstream Marvel through to Bizarre Sex (which had Omaha The Cat Dancer in it, one of my favourites). I particularly love the Brits, in part because I used to hand about with Alan Moore and the rest of his crowd (The Warrior/2000 AD crew) socially and at conventions. I still get the odd xmas card or email off Neil Gaiman or Bryan Talbot. Sadly, I don't buy comics now.

Thank you Wirthless. Tell Dr Daniel to knock three times (and the safe word is cello...).
                          sigpic

Comment

So do I, our tastes are alike! I have about 15 boxes of comics ranging from mainstream Marvel through to Bizarre Sex (which had Omaha The Cat Dancer in it, one of my favourites). I particularly love the Brits, in part because I used to hand about with Alan Moore and the rest of his crowd (The Warrior/2000 AD crew) socially and at conventions. I still get the odd xmas card or email off Neil Gaiman or Bryan Talbot. Sadly, I don't buy comics now.

Thank you Wirthless. Tell Dr Daniel to knock three times (and the safe word is cello...).
                            CELLO CELLO CELLO! (Oh, you said "knock" three times...)

Emails by Neil Gaiman...wow....I used Neverwhere in several of my translation classes!

Hey, I guess we have a new code word to add to the P.O.N.D.

~CELLO!~

Comment

But yours is THE ONE TRUE original, from which all others are cloned! Mine are just "a copy of a copy of a copy."
                              LOVE the shirt!
                              Yes, I get rather tired of those awful baggy green BDUs... I think his wardrobe needs a little updating (puts call in to the costume department...dang, gets only their voicemail....).

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                                CELLO CELLO CELLO! (Oh, you said "knock" three times...)

Emails by Neil Gaiman...wow....I used Neverwhere in several of my translation classes!

Hey, I guess we have a new code word to add to the P.O.N.D.
                                I know loads of pros, at least well enough to go to parties and drink unfeasibly large amounts of booze in convention bars with them.

I've been running SF conventions in the UK for years, you get to meet everyone. There are loads of fun stories - I nearly killed Ian Banks with a packet of chocolate vermicilli (chocolate sprinkles) he inhaled at the wrong moment, Chris Claremont offered me a ride in his jet (and fought an imaginary sword fight for my imginary honour) and Terry Pratchett acted out a fetish show for me on a couple of beer crates in the gopher room of the Dutch Worldcon. Pro writers are, to a man (or woman) nuts.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X