• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: David Hewlett (McKay)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    GATE GEEK
    GateWorld talks with David Hewlett

GateWorld presents a special on-set interview with "Dr. McKay" actor David Hewlett! After three episodes of SG-1, David talks about making the leap to series regular in Stargate Atlantis.

READ MORE ...

Last edited by Darren; 26 October 2007, 12:42 PM.

Great interview! Wow! I knew I was right! David's awesome. And hysterical! Crossing over to steal food and leave snarky messages. hehe. Now I'm all hyped up for Atlantis.

LOVED it, Darren. Totally loved it. Am also insanely jealous of you. I hope he decides to do cons...

Comment

Nice!!! So I guessed right , earlier, then!!! Lol...*loves himself* tnx a lot guys...i was waiting for that from the start

Comment

Yes, Shadowmaat, I think you even called the power bar thing! Way to channel.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Great interview! very funny.

I'd recomment reading along if you're going to listen to it, there are a few spots were it's hard to hear
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Terrific interview, David (with David).

What a great sense of humor!

And you're right -- the Metrorail does stop often!

Thank you for all your hard work.

I'm going back to read it again.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ah,bliss ! Most excellent interview,and I loved every minute of the audio version ! (Can't be easy,doing an interview in their lunch-tent,with the train noise to cope with too.Busy place !)
              DH really comes across (to me), as a prankster, and a guy who doesn't take life too seriously. Cool attitude !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

That was too funny! I knew I liked McKay as a character, but David Hewlett has now made me want to watch Atlantis....and I wasn't so convinced I'd watch it before that interview....thanks for the interview, Darren! Made my day over here in Germany!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                ~CELLO!~
                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

WOW! That was fantastic. David is quite the talker. He's so deadpan funny. I love it! So can't wait for Atlantis now.

Great interview Darren. I'm so jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                    Yes, Shadowmaat, I think you even called the power bar thing! Way to channel.
                    I did, didn't I? How scary is that? Maybe I should start predicting the return of Luke and Jonas's re-inclusion into the show (either show) and other fun things.

I'm going to have to listen to the audio portion as soon as I have some free time. David sounds like he'd be fun to interview... if maybe a little dangerous. Good thing you DID get it all on tape. hehe.

Still love the interview. Still a happy camper. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wow! Great interview Darren. David Hewlett is just as fun and snarky as McKay - he should definitely do cons. I can't wait to see him in Atlantis now and he makes the other characters sound like a lot of fun as well.

Of course I now have this image of the writers as prairie dogs poking their heads up when you venture into their section of the compound.

Thanks so much..
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

awesome! its about time =) *giggle*

you know...he was in this really bad movie called "Cube". I saw it a while back...made the whole movie worth while just to see him in it heehee.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                          you know...he was in this really bad movie called "Cube".
                          Bad?! I thought it was awesome! Now, Cube 2 was a piece of monkey dung, but I loved the original. Guess I won't recommend Cypher to ya, then. Your poor little mind obviously isn't capable of appreciating the subtleties of good cinema. Go watch Boa vs. Python instead. It's mindless drivel, but it has lots of David looking very buff.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Bad?! I thought it was awesome! Now, Cube 2 was a piece of monkey dung, but I loved the original. Guess I won't recommend Cypher to ya, then. Your poor little mind obviously isn't capable of appreciating the subtleties of good cinema. Go watch Boa vs. Python instead. It's mindless drivel, but it has lots of David looking very buff.
                            Hahahahahaha Cypher, i'll remember that one next time i rent movies.

Yeah, i saw cube 2, before the first one and I really didnt like that one. The first cube was really strange, and creepy *i dont like creepy movies*. I wouldnt say that Cube is the worst movie out there...but the creepy factor in it will keep me from watching that one again.

You know, i saw Boa vs. Python and didnt like that one either =/

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                              Terrific interview, David (with David).

Morjana
                              Actually Morjana, this was Darren's first audio interview! I just did some audio editing- he did the rest. Three cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X