Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a cloaking device for BC303 ?(Siege pt3 spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a cloaking device for BC303 ?(Siege pt3 spoiler)

Siege pt3 spoiler
    When Dr McKay plug the cloaking device into the city ,it was able to fool the Wraith.The Wraith was able to detect the "stealth mine" last season, they have beaming technologies , which mean their sensor or scanning technologies was pretty good .(in S8 The Prometheus needed a locator to beam thing onboard ,now they got Asgard sensor Avalon pt 1)

If the Ancient cloaking device is that powerful, why not add one on to Prometheus or Daedalus.Area 51 already has a Puddle jumber anyway.

I remember Jacob or Selmak said that the Goa'uld had problem cloaking a large object like a mothership, but Apophis was able to cloak an entire fleet .
    Last season "S8 Full alert" , the Goa'uld (the Trust) had the advantage with a cloaked Alkesh.

If we could plug the cloaking device into the BC 303, it could be a huge advantage.

Originally posted by ckwongau
    I remember Jacob or Selmak said that the Goa'uld had problem cloaking a large object like a mothership, but Apophis was able to cloak an entire fleet .
    Last season "S8 Full alert" , the Goa'uld (the Trust) had the advantage with a cloaked Alkesh.
    Anubis had sensors that could see through the Goa'uld cloaking devices in the episode Redemption II. Since his ships were split up among the remaining system lords after his defeat at Earth, all remaining Goa'uld ships should be able to see through a Goa'uld designed cloak.
    However, the Goa'uld cloak might work against the Wraith. They'll have to test that out some time.

The ancient cloaking generators are too valuable to permanently place them on a ship. They'd be better off trying to reverse engineer them, that way if they build a working device, they can put them on all their ships.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Depends on what the atlantis team think is more important:

A puddle jumper that can't cloak OR
      Dadeleus that can cloak.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife

Dadeleus that can cloak.
        If you put in those terms, I'm sure McKay would have no problem ripping a cloaking device out of a Jumper and slapping it on the Daedalus.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife

Dadeleus that can cloak.
          I'd say I'd rather have one less puddle jumper (given that they do have a few!), and the deadalus capable of cloaking, then I would do just a fleet of PJ.

Just a question though, but why did they use one of the 3 normal PJ. After all they have tonnes, but like separd used one of the normal ones to make his suicide run, but surely that would involve them loosing the supplies on board aswell. Just seems kinda stupid to me!

Comment

The thing is with cloaking tech it’s easy to rip one out of PJ and cloak the hole city but to understand the in’s and out of how it fully works and then using the knowledge to build one from scratch is another story. Although I do agree if the can take the cloak from PJ and put it on Deadules then it could a huge advantage against the wraith.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
              When Dr McKay plug the cloaking device into the city ,it was able to fool the Wraith.The Wraith was able to detect the "stealth mine" last season,
              'Space Mine' not 'Stealth Mine' lol

Comment

the daedalus cloak would be the best weapon we could ever design, cept maybe an OMS cloaked, imagine bieng able to cloak a ship in the middle of a wriath fleet and systematiclly wipe out the entire fleet, like Siege3 but on a much larger scale. Then expland that idea to a whole fleet or many fleet or many fleets of many ships of many race and then you may be able to destroy the wraith after all.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Of course, then we'd be out of enemies for the show, so I doubt that'd happen. They'll probably come up with some explanation that McKay could port the cloaking device over from a PJ to Atlantis because they're both Ancient tech, but it wouldn't be compatible with the man-made Daedalus.

Comment

the only problem is that when the cloaking device was active it replaced the city shield so it would do teh same for the big D.

Comment

That was a big problem for Atlantis since, as far as the expedition is concerned, the city is stationary. A cloaked Daedalus wouldn't need shields because the Wraith wouldn't be able to find it. They wouldn't even give away their position by deploying weapons, since Asgard beams could be coming from anywhere. And of course, if worse comes to worse and they are discovered, the Daedalus can evade or drop the cloak and restore its shields. Or, hell, for all we know Hermiod could hook them up with a double-shell shield: one on the inside to act as a cloak and the other on the outside to act as a true shield. The Daedalus is working on a much smaller scale in all respects, which opens a lot more options.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                        If the Ancient cloaking device is that powerful, why not add one on to Prometheus or Daedalus.Area 51 already has a Puddle jumber anyway.[/QUOTE]

If im remembering right, the pj was destroyed after they buried the zpm, if im wrong please tell me
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

The show would be so damn boring if the Daedalus had unbreakable Shields, Cloak. Soon they'll probably add a billion ancient weapons too.

Would be much better if they used 2 Tel'Tak to deliver nukes Got rings and everything. Hopefully the Wraith can't break Goa'uld cloaking right away.

Comment

well i hope they can cloak the dedalus we would be quite the enemy getting shot down from every where

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                              If you put in those terms, I'm sure McKay would have no problem ripping a cloaking device out of a Jumper and slapping it on the Daedalus.
                              If they can do that and cloak the entire city, cloaking the Daedulus would be easy.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X