This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of Season9 more seasons or a big movie :D

I was wondering what you guys would rather prefer, after this season is over, more seasons or a huge huge stargate movie *no direct to dvd thing*. A huge big budget movie. Im kind of conflicted I would love to see an 100Million dollar stargate movie, but then if its a crazy success, I doubt the main cast would want to stay in stargate. They would rather use this huge opportunity to make other movies or tv shows. If PTB were to make a sg movie it would be now. Since startrek and starwars are over, this would be perfect time for stargate to movie in what do you think?

Hmmm, tough call. While a movie would be really cool and a great boost to the franchise, or maybe just the franchise's reputation, I would miss the weekly fix. I guess I'd have to say that 20 hours per year would make me happier than a 2-hour movie every year or every other year. Especially if this season continues to be as fun for me as it is so far.

Who were you thinking of being the actors in the movie? The original cast? The new cast? A combination of the two? Actually, that might sway me because I would love to see the character interaction of O'Neill and Mitchell.

Okay, I'll be greedy and say that I want the series AND a movie, every year. It's all about me, isn't it?

Comment

For me it's still too early to make this kind of determination...but my gut reaction is that I want the series to continue.

I don't want to wait who knows how long for each release...I want a weekly installment of Sam, Teal'c, etc...

Sheesh...it's tough enough waiting in the mid season and between seasons!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I want a 10th season more than a movie if I really had to choose. Simply put, you can show more stuff in 20 hours of TV than 2 hours in a movie. I want more story telling, not $100 million worth of special effects, but thats just me

Comment

Movie I doubt, although if such a thing were to happen, I really think the new additions to the cast would help a lot. Bowder and Shanks could possibly carry a mid budget film between them, but they would need a new female protagonist, Carter & Vala are TV hot, but fall short on a movie scale (let the crusification begin).

I want to see the show stick to SciFi, I'm really happy with what I've seen of the changes so far, and maybe here in a few seasons when RDA's family is a bt older and he finally reaches that itch, he'll feel like coming home to his show...

Comment

A season ten all the way I want to see the new story line carried out... The movie though maybe then we'll get to see the furlings
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I want a movie!!!

"It is unwise to lower your defenses!" ~Darth Vader

Comment

Hopefully the series can continue the great start and go to a season 10, 11, 12.... so I would prefer that to a movie anyday..
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hey, long-time lurker but this is my first post.

I'd definitely prefer a tenth season rather than a movie, however big the budget. The effects of Stargate are great, but they've never been the draw for me, the characters always have. I'd prefer to see the characters grow and change over another year than see a single, splashy, bigger-than-average-scale movie. I don't want to stir up another BB hornet's nest, but that'd basically be like the ending of Farscape. They had the series run for 4 seasons, but then it got canceled and, yes, they followed up with an absolutely amazing 4-hour mini-series in The Peacekeeper Wars, but I still would've preferred the continuing adventures of Crichton, D'argo, Aeryn, and the rest. Same deal with Stargate for me.
                  Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                  Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                  Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                  Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

No movie....don't go the Star Trek route......ever....

The 1st movie was a good introduction with Kurt Russell and James Spader....
                    The series was able to keep the characters alive at least for a decade with new
                    adventures. Movies now would put a stop to the uniqueness of the series.

A threatrical movie should involve the TV folks for sure, in the future when
                    both series conclude. You want it to be a special event. Star Wars and Star Trek really became kiddy events.....and never had a edge that the SG franchise
                    has because the writers and the themes oversaturated the market.(toys cartoons, stuffed animals and happy meals.) The Lord of the Rings Trilology should be the example the The SG franchise should follow.
                    Develope great characters over the years and then present them in a story that
                    is memorable and not just a rewrite of old episodes from the series. Maybe new charcters mixed with the old. But not now.
                    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

If they ever do make a movie, I damn sure want to see pretty much everyone who was involved with SG-1. A threat so big they need to call in all their favors, get Jonas, Jack, Hammond, Bra'tac, Ryac, Ishta, and every other able body to help out. That would be pretty sweet.
                      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

More seasons...

Comment

More seasons
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

More seasons

Comment

more season then movie.
                              i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Working...
                              X