Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Ancients have any energy based weapons on atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Ancients have any energy based weapons on atlantis?

i was just wondering do the ancients have any energy based weapons on atlantis or the puddle jumpers?... we've seen the ancient satelite fire an energy based weapon at the wraith hive ships, so why havent we seen atlantis or the puddle jumpers fire any energy weapons, every advanced race we've seen so far has had energy weapons(exluding the nox) so why no the ancients, i mean like, wouldnt you think that the most advanced race the universe has ever seen would have installed energy weapons on atlantis and puddle jumpers especially having encountered the wraith. we no they were well capable of it. we've seen another ancient energy weapon in the ep ascenion(sp?), I think that they do have energy weapons like lasers or something and the drones are there version of missiles, okay i dont no wat to type now (im tired), so could anyone clarify this for me please?

P.S what does TPTB mean? for the life of me i cant figure it out !!
    P.S.S sorry if im confusing or if i have messed up everything, i am really tired
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Well, considering Atlantis' far superior shield, there would be no need for extra defense weapons on atlantis, which is also a reason why they were less prepared for the wraith attack. Their overconfidence defeated them.

We know they have a chair device like in antartica, and that probably had thousands of drones before they were used in the ancients last stand, however considering the sheer power of the satellite weapons near the planet, they wouldnt have thought about additional defense. It was only due to the wraiths overpowering numbers which caused their demise.

Comment

Most likely it does. We know for a fact that Atlantis has at least a few defensive abilities other than the shield and drones, we're just not sure what.

McKAY: Well, since we've got here, we've uncovered a number of defensive weapons systems beyond the shield. Wh...
      ZELENKA (interrupting): We think our best option is the control chair.
      McKAY: I was gonna say that.
      ZELENKA: Yes, but you were taking too long as usual.

Damn you Zelenka! We could have known more about Atlantis....
      sigpic

Comment

A wee bit off topic, but TPTB stands for The Powers That Be, like writers, directors, etc.
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
        LANDRY
        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
          i was just wondering do the ancients have any energy based weapons on atlantis or the puddle jumpers?... we've seen the ancient satelite fire an energy based weapon at the wraith hive ships, so why havent we seen atlantis or the puddle jumpers fire any energy weapons, every advanced race we've seen so far has had energy weapons(exluding the nox) so why no the ancients, i mean like, wouldnt you think that the most advanced race the universe has ever seen would have installed energy weapons on atlantis and puddle jumpers especially having encountered the wraith. we no they were well capable of it. we've seen another ancient energy weapon in the ep ascenion(sp?), I think that they do have energy weapons like lasers or something and the drones are there version of missiles, okay i dont no wat to type now (im tired), so could anyone clarify this for me please?

P.S what does TPTB mean? for the life of me i cant figure it out !!
          P.S.S sorry if im confusing or if i have messed up everything, i am really tired
          well the ancients would have no need for energy beam weapons in atlantis because they have the drone devices. we dont know alot about them but we do know they are superior in many ways to energy beam weapons. they do have some kind of energy stored in them because they glow when active and can explode as well. they cause a very large amount of damage per hit on a ship and can hit multiple times and are able to eb guided and redirected. the ancients simply evolved technologically beyond the need for energy weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            well the ancients would have no need for energy beam weapons in atlantis because they have the drone devices. we dont know alot about them but we do know they are superior in many ways to energy beam weapons. they do have some kind of energy stored in them because they glow when active and can explode as well. they cause a very large amount of damage per hit on a ship and can hit multiple times and are able to eb guided and redirected. the ancients simply evolved technologically beyond the need for energy weapons.
            Uh Hello? Ancient Defense Satelites. Not to mention the fact that we still don't know what the other defensive weapons Atlantis has are. (See my above post)

Incidentally, when the satelite fired on the Wraith Hive Ship, did anyone else notice that the way it 'cut' through the ship was very Babylon 5-ish? I thought that was neat....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              Uh Hello? Ancient Defense Satelites. Not to mention the fact that we still don't know what the other defensive weapons Atlantis has are. (See my above post)

Incidentally, when the satelite fired on the Wraith Hive Ship, did anyone else notice that the way it 'cut' through the ship was very Babylon 5-ish? I thought that was neat....
              i meant based in atlantis, not in general. fully loaded the drone defense system would be more than effective against any possible threat. the beam weapon on the sattalite is better in that instance because it can be left un manned.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                i meant based in atlantis, not in general. fully loaded the drone defense system would be more than effective against any possible threat. the beam weapon on the sattalite is better in that instance because it can be left un manned.
                It is almost certain that Atlantis has at least one energy based weapon....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  It is almost certain that Atlantis has at least one energy based weapon....
                  well until we hae hard evidence it is just speculation, and McKays cut off statement isnt evidence, he could been about to say anything.

Comment

Well there are more weapon systems for sure.

Comment

How can you be sure?

Comment

I am going to throw my 2 cents in.
                        I personally belive that the Ancients would have had hand held energy based weapons for close quarter fights. I know I would if I had a life sucking creature running around the Galaxy. Not to mention, Mckay did say that searching Atlantis would be like searching every room in every building in Manhattan.
                        Now being the Ancients most likely are a pieceful race, nothing says they won't have more energy based weapons. And think about it, to create something as big as those sattilites, I would hope during the R&D stages they would have made a more scaled down version.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          Well there are more weapon systems for sure.
                          Originally posted by briguy213
                          How can you be sure?
                          Because Rodney said so.

McKAY: Well, since we've got here, we've uncovered a number of defensive weapons systems beyond the shield.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            Because Rodney said so.
                            for all we know he could have been talking about systems such as the cities defense system for responding to outbreaks of disease. yes it makes sense that atlantis has additional defense systems, but that doesnt automatically mean energy weapon, or even weapon period. the shield is a defense system and not a weapon. so we really have no idea what he could have been talking about.

Comment

I would say, it is deffinetly a possibility. The Ancients were not stupid, naive and underestimative, yes, but not stupid. I would say the Ancients probably had a full spread of weapons, all usefull in diffrent situations, so they would be prepared for any type of enemy.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X