X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another NEW commercial for Stargate Atlantis

Just woke up, turned on the TV to the SciFi Channel to
    watch "Replicant" (for Paul McGillion) -- and there was a brand spanking new "Stargate Atlantis" promo commercial being run.

Didn't have the VCR running yet (but there's a tape in there new), but there was conversation from Dr. Weir about Atlantis being under water; McKay expressing awe over some new alien equipment, and Shepard (while inside the puddle jumper) indicating that it wasn't as easy as it looked.

More later -- hopefully!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana
    Just woke up, turned on the TV to the SciFi Channel to
    watch "Replicant" (for Paul McGillion) -- and there was a brand spanking new "Stargate Atlantis" promo commercial being run.

Didn't have the VCR running yet (but there's a tape in there new), but there was conversation from Dr. Weir about Atlantis being under water; McKay expressing awe over some new alien equipment, and Shepard (while inside the puddle jumper) indicating that it wasn't as easy as it looked.

More later -- hopefully!

Morjana
    I´ll be waiting.
    " I was never their age"

Comment

Oh goodie, I'll check around for that commericial, or wait till it's avalible online.

Comment

More on this new commercial: This is a 30 second promo commercial for "Stargate Atlantis" on the SciFi Channel.

The announcer voice over is:

"Stargate SG-1: Unlock the gate to the Galaxy.

A new team just found the key...

To go beyond.

Stargate Atlantis.

A SciFi Channel original series. Premieres Friday, July 16th at 9pm."

The clips being played are:

1. SGC Stargate's inner wheel revolving.

2. SGC Stargate chevron lighting up.

3. Brigadier General Jack O'Neill (he's got the one star insignia on his bdu collar), saying "move out" into the SGC Control Room microphone.

4. Repeat scene from the previous commercial of the Atlantis explorers filling the SGC Gateroom (Shepard, Beckett, Ford)...

5. Shephard sitting in the Ancient's chair, with possibly Beckett standing next to him.

Weir saying (as a voice over next clip) "We are about to try to make a connection."

6. Clip of Stargate Atlantis wormhole travel

7. Shephard sitting in Ancient's chair, looking up, and saying, "Did I do that?"

8. Weir and McKay looking at someone/something (possibly at the Antarctica base)

9. Repeat scene from the previous commercial of Daniel (standing in front of blackboard, wearing a cold weather jacket -- possibly at the Antarctica base), saying: "What we're looking for may be further away than we've ever imagined, but it's not out of reach."

10. Repeat scene from the previous commercial, McKay and someone else (at Atlantis) looking up...

Voice over of someone saying: "Atlantis"

11. View of A city floating on water.

12. Dr. Weir, at Atlantis (I'm guessing), saying; "Begin the dialing sequence."

13. McKay (with Siler in the background), depressing a triangle crystal on an alien console, saying "Oh, yeah!" and smiling.

14. Repeat scene from previous commercial, of the new team arriving at Atlantis, spread out in a horizontal line, with weapons at the ready, walking forward.

15. Clip of the Atlantis group LEAVING through the SGC Stargate.

16. Clip of Shephard arriving through the Atlantis stargate.

Voice over of someone saying: "We're going in!"

17. Col. Sumner and Weir (with light reflecting off of water on their faces) looking around, and Weir saying: "We're under water."

Voice over of someone saying: "You have to see this."

18. Atlantis team moving forward through what looks like a control room, their weapons at the ready (and flashlights on)

19. Weir (with someone behind her sitting at a console) looking shocked at something.

20. McKay (with someone) yelling at someone off screen: "If you don't stop what you're doing right now, we're dead!"

31. Shepard, aboard the puddle jumper, saying: "I don't think we've gotten to the hard part yet."

32. Title card of "Stargate Atlantis."

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
        http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

All that happens in a 30 second commercial? Or are there more than one?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Gate
            All that happens in a 30 second commercial? Or are there more than one?

They happen REALLY fast -- yes, all that is in one 30 second commercial.

I even think I missed a clip or two...my fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be with the VCR pause button.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Wow... I watched the entirety of the Street Fighter movie (which featured NO dads, oddly...) today, with no sign of a new promo... maybe I'll watch Stargate Monday tomorrow, surely they'll show it then.
              Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

So far, I've seen it twice. Once, just after 10am during Replicant, and the second time during "Terminator" around 2:30.

Interspersed with commercials for the eighth season of SG-1 and repeats of the earlier Atlantis promo commercials.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I gotta DL it, PM me if/when you have a URL...
                  Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                  http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

i'd be really thankful again, if someone would put out a good version or i'll jsut watch it tomorrow during Monday Marathon...

Comment

I saw it yesterday, just turned the station to Sci-Fi and it was on. Looked really good, they're really promoting Atlantis quite a bit, hopefully it'll take off well.
                      "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I don't really watch Scifi during SG-1 re-runs season. Except for some things (Battlestar Galactica, Dune Saga, other miniseries) I don't like any of the programming. I have the first 6 SG-1 Seasons on DVD and Season 7 (other than the latter half of Grace, ran out of tape) on tape. And I cannot stand watching movies on network TV, so I really don't watch Scifi so I am missing out on all these ads. Hopefully it will be available to DL soon.
                        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Is there a download yet?

Comment

Another commercial? In the UK we haven't even got one yet!
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                              Another commercial? In the UK we haven't even got one yet!
                              Sky? Advertise SG-1? ... what's wrong with you?

Comment

Working...
                              X