X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub space

Is there really a sub space? I know will have a good answer

Theoretically, subspace exists. But we have not proven anything yet.

Owen Macri

Comment

is there a theoretical way of getting there?

Comment

Theoretically, there are several ways of getting there, but seeing as it is concept that we know basically, nothing about, we cannot really theorize how to get there, but I could say perhaps, if you managed to "rip" the fabric of space-time. But I am just guessing.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          Theoretically, there are several ways of getting there, but seeing as it is concept that we know basically, nothing about, we cannot really theorize how to get there, but I could say perhaps, if you managed to "rip" the fabric of space-time. But I am just guessing.
          Owen Macri
          In theory it can be done, It is real? Can't say, we DO NOT have the technology to measure or detect it.
          But in theory there are about 3 ways of doing it, all incluse a huge energy burst. But until we develop the technology or we have a alien with the technology that is willing to share. The answer is simply "we don't know.

Comment

Don't want to put a downer on your party but Su space does not exist, it is just made up. So is hyperspace, though some scientists refer to the extra-dimensional "space", and I use the term space lightly here, as hyperspace.

Hyperspace if it does exist, exists outside our universe and does not include the complex set of 11 dimensions that exist theoretically in our universe, so if you were able to punch a hole into hyperspace and travel into it, you would most likely cease to exist.

However, as I understand it, since hyperspace doesn't include the 4 basic dimensions that restrict FTL travel in our universe, if someone was to punch a hole into hyperspace wrap a bubble of our universe around them, travel into hyperspace, punch a second hole back into our universe at a chosen position, and travel back into the universe, they in "theory" could travel across the universe in a matter of seconds.

However, big problem with this idea is;

1. punching holes into hyperspace requires more energy than a galaxy puts out in its life time.

2. punching permanent holes into hyperspace is just a BAD idea, it leaves our universe's menbrane openly leaking into hyperspace.

3. plotting a course in hyperspace is just going to be near impossible since there are no basic height, width, depth and time dimensions as we know them, this also knocks onto the fact that any energy that we used in our universe to make the holes, might not exist in hyperspace.

All in all, just plain silly.

The most likely course for FTL development is most likely going to be some form of spatial warping device, i.e. a warp drive. It would require less power, is more liely to be able to be built and doesn't cause serious and permanent damage to the universe unless you exceed warp 5

J.

Comment

im a simple guy myself i get confused can someone please eloborate on the 11 dimesions poster above in this thread?
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

All I know (or have read somewhere) is that there is another 13 dimensions (or maybe 13 in total) that has someting to do with super-strings.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Thor~
                  All I know (or have read somewhere) is that there is another 13 dimensions (or maybe 13 in total) that has someting to do with super-strings.
                  13 eh unlucky number for some i wonder which one we live in i hope its not 13 that would put a major crimp in my day.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by ~Thor~
                    Oh yes, I've heard that too, and all the branes!!! (membranes) About half a year ago I saw this amazing documentry on, I think, the discovery channel about all this stuff, I wish I could remember what it was called, it had a good way of explaining things.
                    sigpic
                    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Are you sure it's 13 - I thought it was supposed to be 11.

Oh, and from what I can gather, the other dimensions explain things like magnetism, gravity, etc. However, it should be said that string theory - as beautiful in its simplicity as it is - is just an idea. There is no supporting evidence for it (yet). However, it does appear to work as a theory. Anyone with more info is very welcome to comment.
                      "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

SubSpace does exist. I am sure Einstein proved something like that, But it involves traveling the speed of light. The universe can be compared to a bubble. All the galaxies and stuff are on the outside of the bubble. It is possible to travel through the bubble in no time at all.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                          Are you sure it's 13 - I thought it was supposed to be 11.

Oh, and from what I can gather, the other dimensions explain things like magnetism, gravity, etc. However, it should be said that string theory - as beautiful in its simplicity as it is - is just an idea. There is no supporting evidence for it (yet). However, it does appear to work as a theory. Anyone with more info is very welcome to comment.
                          According to http://superstringtheory.com/basics/ (which by the way has some nice pieces about that) it's either 10 or 26 for one version (the one that includes tachyons).
                          "Guinness [...] a refreshing substitute for ... food."
                          Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

I have a great movie on string theory. It is a thing made by "NOVA". If you are intrested in this stuff you should definetly check it out.

Comment

JPF,
                              What do you mean by warp drive?

Comment

Working...
                              X