This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter = Radar

Anyone else pick up on this. It was pretty obvious in Avalon that they were playing on that a little bit in the scene
    Spoiler:
    where Landry was asking Walter for something and he answered over the intercom

Looking back, do you think someone, like RDA, might have started calling him Walter because he also looks a little bit like Gary Burghoff of M*A*S*H fame?
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Originally posted by Avenger
    Anyone else pick up on this. It was pretty obvious in Avalon that they were playing on that a little bit in the scene
    Spoiler:

Looking back, do you think someone, like RDA, might have started calling him Walter because he also looks a little bit like Gary Burghoff of M*A*S*H fame?
    LOL! Glad I wasn't the only one. As soon as I saw that scene, I thought the SGC had managed to appropriate Radar from the 4077th . I don't think he physically reminded me of Gary Burghoff, but the whole interplay screamed Radar/Col. Potter.

Comment

hahaha, I noticed that too!
      I love mash, and still watch it.
      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Yep, Gary Jones (who plays Sgt. Harriman) talked about how they deliberatley played up the 'Radar from M.A.S.H' thing in Season 9

Comment

I mentioned that some time ago, it was when I watched Zero Hour that I noticed a Colonel Blake/Radar thing going on between Jack and Walter, even my other half noticed, which is amazing for him

Comment

I think it's great. Radar was a awesome character on MASH, and Walter has grown into much more than just "the chevron guy" over the course of this show. I thought it was great that he had some of the first lines in the premiere, and hope to see a lot more of him this season.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Absolutely, Walter is SG-1's Radar, which suits me fine. I'm a big Walter fan and I liked Radar as well, so it's great to see him getting his due. He has, after all, been with the SGC for 4 generals and a civilian now, so he knows how everything works as well as or better than anyone else. I hope they continue to play up the slightly antagonistic relationship between him and Landry, too. I love that sort of comedy.
              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Oh, man! I am glad more people have noticed. I saw it in the episode in season eight when
                Spoiler:
                RDA had first become general of the SGC and Walter was always there telling him what he needed just before he needed it in Zero Hour
                Anyway, Radar was always my fav. character in M*A*S*H and I really love little Walter in Stargate. The Chevron Guy!
                thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Spoiler:

But pretty much that was my take on the character from the start, someone at SG-1 must be a M*A*S*H fan.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    I'd like to see him get involved with a mission somehow. Suddenly he is the center of attention after eight years on the series. That would be pretty funny.
                    That'd be great. Felger got not one, but TWO episodes. Why not throw Walter a bone?
                    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I'd like to see him get involved with a mission somehow. Suddenly he is the center of attention after eight years on the series. That would be pretty funny.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:

When Jack called him Walter I thought "Yes it's perfect!". Of course Radar's real name is Walter O'Reilly, so it was just so oblvious.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Glad others noticed, I thought I was reaching, lol. Maybe Mitchell will be Hawkeye.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                            Glad others noticed, I thought I was reaching, lol. Maybe Mitchell will be Hawkeye.
                            I'd have thought Jack would have been Hawkeye and Daniel as BJ

Comment

So who is this radar guy?
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X