X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperdrive weapons

I have an idea for a hyperdrive weapon that would penetrate any shield

We have seen in a few episodes of SG-1 that Carter said it is important to calculate the hyperdrive window exactly or they would end up emerging within the enemy ship, or inside the Earth.

How about using this knowledge to deliver weapons? Doesn't even have to be nukes, but any ballistic weapon etc. I am pretty sure the insides of a enemy ship (hive ship for example) is not as tough as its external armour.

Oh one other thing. Why is the hyperspace window different colour in the Pegasus galaxy?

Originally posted by Spam
    Oh one other thing. Why is the hyperspace window different colour in the Pegasus galaxy?
    or is it diffirent in the MW

the beammeupscotty tactic for weapons into a ship might not work cus they have to calculate the coordinates to were to beam it. maybe it's impossible to do taht if a ship is moving that fast of in that layer of space.

it's never fully explained why a ship cannot fire weapons in hyperspace either. so can't really tell for sure

Comment

The wraith could develop shields to block the weapons from entering there ships.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
        The wraith could develop shields to block the weapons from entering there ships.
        They would need to be able to prevent objects from emerging from hyperspace inside the ships. Not even Anubis could.

Comment

Might not be too practicle to fit all missiles etc. with their own hyperdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgarnicle
            Might not be too practicle to fit all missiles etc. with their own hyperdrive.
            No, that is probably true.

However, would it not be posisble to simply open the hyperdrive window and then shoot the missile, bomb, objects through it? This is what Carter did witht he big asteroid. They did not have any engines to "push" it in the hyperdrive window, but simply let its own speed take it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam
              No, that is probably true.

However, would it not be posisble to simply open the hyperdrive window and then shoot the missile, bomb, objects through it? This is what Carter did witht he big asteroid. They did not have any engines to "push" it in the hyperdrive window, but simply let its own speed take it in.
              I thought the ship had to wrap the asteroid in a hyperspace bubble and go through with it?

Comment

Originally posted by mcgarnicle
                I thought the ship had to wrap the asteroid in a hyperspace bubble and go through with it?
                Ah yes. Hm. So you would need to do that with the nukes etc. Well, maybe not impossible to create a little hyperdrive generator nukes. =) Surely not cheap though, but then a nuke isn't either.

Comment

Better yet: have you ever heard of B5's "bonehead maneuver"?

For those who haven't, you basically open a hyper-space portal inside your target. Boom, no more target.

Comment

Originally posted by benmecha
                    Better yet: have you ever heard of B5's "bonehead maneuver"? For those who haven't, you basically open a hyper-space portal inside your target. Boom, no more target.
                    Actually the Bonehead Maneuver consisted of opening a hyperspace window inside a hyper gate. A portal within a portal, if you will. Some after thought makes me think that the maneuver would have caused more than just one hell of an esplosion; say a rift/tear in the space/time continuum....
                    But I digress....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The Wraiths should have tried that with Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by benmecha
                        Better yet: have you ever heard of B5's "bonehead maneuver"?

For those who haven't, you basically open a hyper-space portal inside your target. Boom, no more target.

What you're refering 2 didn't have a name and was only used in "In the Beginning" by the Mimbari Destroyer Black Star (the one Sheridan nuked ). It always annoyed me that they didn't use it in the series, it would have been very efective even against Shadows and Vorlons, and less dangerous that the actual "bonehead maneuver".
                        Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass

now they have a need to...
                          the death squids penetrated all shields so even if they did have shields it would be rendered pratically useless. so why would they add it on if it wasnt going to help?
                          with the dedalus there they have somthing that a shield would work against. IMO SGA needs to take quick action to make sure that they can take down as much as they can before the wraith make shields

Comment

Working...
                          X