This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of weapons on Atlantis

One of the things that has been bothering me is why the Ancients did not put any weapons on Atlantis other then the drone weapons. Now it may be that the Ancients planned on defending Atlantis with their fleet but its still not a good idea to rely on that alone since without the fleet even 1 hive ship could destroy Atlantis (although it would take a much longer time). Its possbile that there are weapons hidden on Atlantis but if thats the case its strange the the computer system on Atlantis has reference to it if it does exist.

The Ancients had never had to face an enemy that had technology as advanced as theirs so they probably didn't think they would need much more than their fleet to defend it. They also had the defense satellites which would of protected the city. Plus they knew they had a shield which was pretty much impenetrable.

Comment

The Drone weapoons kick ass - they wouldn't need anything else and they might not of have time to buil more weapons for the wraith war - they simply were out numbered.
      There shield was there weapon - they were a peacful race.
      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

With drones what else do you need also if atlantis could destroy anything there would be no storyline
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

They should have cloaked the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            With drones what else do you need also if atlantis could destroy anything there would be no storyline
            Well, Atlantis could destroy almost anything if its ordonance weren't depleted. I think that having only a few drones in store was a very good idea to show how powerful the city used to be...
            "Guinness [...] a refreshing substitute for ... food."
            Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
              They should have cloaked the planet.
              How - the cloak was set up by modifying the shield which only extends around the city and what if the wraith had tried flying through the seemingly empty space
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

well then they would of crashed. they would be dead we have the shield hense we win.
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

They did put other weapons there.

Comment

Well Atlantis isn't a warship. It seems to be a city where people lived and studied.

I think their best resources were probably their minds and the knowledge they had and with many of them ascending and others being easy targets when outside Atlantis, they'd probably lost a significant portion of their best resources. They seemed to depend on rather successful defensive technology. If, before the Wraith, they actually had to act, they might not have depended on weapons at all but other science and tech to solve their problems. Having lost unknown numbers of possibly brilliant minds, their ability to think their way through, as well as lack of time and resources may just have been the last straw.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that the Expedition will find some really cool weapons on Atlantis.
                      Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                      Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                      Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                      Vicious

Comment

I don't think so, Ancients seems to like using the Drones, and one or 2 drones can destroy 1 Hive ship that will result in thousands of Darts to be destroyed. Cruisers on the other hand.

Drones are powerful weapons, but there are just too many Wraith around.
                        Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                        WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

1. It has NOT been established that they're aren't other weapons in Atlantis. Yes all of that information would be in the Ancient database, but until now that information was either unaccessible due to the lack of a ZPM or there hasn't been time to dig into it. If the SGA team had full access to the database without power or time constraints, why wouldn't they have buildt a new ZPM since obviously that information would be in there?

2. The weapons satelites are proof that other types of Ancient weapons were created.

David H
                          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I agree they will probably find more weapons in atlantis. The lack of visable weapons in the seige episods could be explained by the fact of the lack of a ZMP or the fact that as the only weapon of acient design incountered by the SGC is the done weapon till they found the statillite so something that looks like a normal tower could infact be a acient weapon.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                            O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Originally posted by valha'lla
                              I agree they will probably find more weapons in atlantis. The lack of visable weapons in the seige episods could be explained by the fact of the lack of a ZMP or the fact that as the only weapon of acient design incountered by the SGC is the done weapon till they found the statillite so something that looks like a normal tower could infact be a acient weapon.
                              There is of course the most Ancient of all Ancient weapons [Martha Stewart]

"The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X