X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Steroid...

Wraith Enzymes!

So now we have Ford "all hopped up" on wraith enzymes. What could be next for him?

(I bet MLB players are already placing orders or at least having their agents check to see if it is detectable by current drug screening methods.)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Hmm...no takers, eh? I did see a post where the actor doesn't even know what will happen to his character. Heaven forbid we speculate....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I prefer the word "enzyme" to "steroid", as many younger people post here. Steroids are extremely dangerous substances, and I'm glad it has finally come to light, just how many "sports" figures have used anabolic steroids to artificially enhance their performance. I'm also delighted that they are not only banned, but atheletes found using them will now face punishment. Unfortunately, too much damage has already been done, to too many people, by illegal steroid use.

Ford, on the other hand, was inadvertantly injected with a Wraith enzyme, NOT a steroid, which unfortunately, has affected him and his ability to think rationally. He did not choose to inject himself with it, but his body now needs it, and he will do anything to get more. I hope no one compares this situation, to "steroid misuse".

Thanks for putting up with my rant. I have personal reasons to HATE steroids.

Sorry.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

all of season 2
        Spoiler:
        he will spend the rest of the season killing wraith to get the enzyme and will find others like him
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          all of season 2
          Spoiler:
          he will spend the rest of the season killing wraith to get the enzyme and will find others like him
          that's just speculation right?
          Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelWilliams
            that's just speculation right?
            No

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              I prefer the word "enzyme" to "steroid", as many younger people post here. Steroids are extremely dangerous substances, and I'm glad it has finally come to light, just how many "sports" figures have used anabolic steroids to artificially enhance their performance. I'm also delighted that they are not only banned, but atheletes found using them will now face punishment. Unfortunately, too much damage has already been done, to too many people, by illegal steroid use.

Ford, on the other hand, was inadvertantly injected with a Wraith enzyme, NOT a steroid, which unfortunately, has affected him and his ability to think rationally. He did not choose to inject himself with it, but his body now needs it, and he will do anything to get more. I hope no one compares this situation, to "steroid misuse".

Thanks for putting up with my rant. I have personal reasons to HATE steroids.

Sorry.
              Hey Lida, I hear ya. Being in biomedical research myself and an avid gym goer, I definitely know about the downsides of steroid use and fervently advocate the same. However, calling something by a name that it's not is not only unhelpful, it confuses situations where the analogies actually do apply. For instance, prolonged steroid use causes many normal physiological functions to break down, including immune response. It causes Roid Rage which, if you think about for awhile, is probably akin to what Ford is going through. Highlighting that these are the definite DOWNSIDES to steroid use by using an analogy that fitst the bill can only help. And let's face it, ANY kind of drug treatment or control program usually only works if there's public education about the dos and don'ts as well as a corresponding harm reduction program targeted at those who already are victims.

Calling the Wraith substance an "enzyme", a "steroid", or a "stimulant" all of these terms are just terms. Since in actual story canon, we don't really know it's molecular structure and how it does what it does, all the terms should be treated as neutral.

I know what you mean by associating the term steroid to it. It brings a whole baggage of association to the way we view it in our own world and kids being less discerning, would tend to hop on the bandwagon more easily. But if you don't clarify the definition of the terms and end up calling it something else, you end up confusing them too, and that leaves them disempowered to make the right choice. Calling it an enzyme is not exactly helpful either. That term encompasses so many different catalytic properties of biomolecules for different functions that it's confusing. From digestive enzymes to enzymes that modify structural proteins etc etc. Stimulant would actually be more my first choice of terminology.

Just a few thoughts.
              McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

i thought cases like ford's is rare not many wriath die while feeding. they are gaining more health at the same time so there must be a few cases.

Comment

Yes its rare but judging from the ep 'The lost boys' or at least what I have read it does happen
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    Wraith Enzymes!

So now we have Ford "all hopped up" on wraith enzymes. What could be next for him?

(I bet MLB players are already placing orders or at least having their agents check to see if it is detectable by current drug screening methods.)
                    What's with all the rolling eyes? Not particularly happy with Ford's direction?
                    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I say if Shep and the rest of the crew knows whats good for them, they will let Ford go off and do his own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by kryon22
                        Calling the Wraith substance an "enzyme", a "steroid", or a "stimulant" all of these terms are just terms. Since in actual story canon, we don't really know it's molecular structure and how it does what it does, all the terms should be treated as neutral.
                        They specifically call it an enzyme

Spoiler:

BECKETT: We still have no idea how it works, but during the Wraith feeding process, the victim is injected with a special enzyme. It strengthens the human body temporarily and ensures that the heart continues to beat.
                        love Torri

Comment

It causes Roid Rage which, if you think about for awhile, is probably akin to what Ford is going through.
                          I would like to see any legit studies that show "roid rage" it has been something that has been dreamed up by lawyers to get clients off. There are so many half truths and outright myths about steriods it is not even funny.. and the media love to turn something that is really nothing into something. And there have been a few good newspaper and TV programs like Inside Sports on HBO that highlight the fact that we have been sold a crock...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            Why not ban tobacco and acohol? They cause way more problems that steriods ever have

Comment

I can't wait to see Ford take his roid rage out on the wraith...its going to be sweet!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X