This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Debate Asgard More Advanced Then Wraiths Spoilers

So its finally settled, the asgard more advanced then the wraith. The episode Siege 3 answered it no more debates. The asgard have more powerful shields, hyper drives, and weopens. The only advantage that the wraith had against the ancients were that they outnumbered them 100000 to 1. Also the wraith were more agressive and the anicents were pacifists. Finally after 100's of threads of whose more advanced and who can kick each others butt its been answered ....who is just happy that its finally over
    So the case the anicents were defeated was like my theory. It was like if mike tyson went up against 1000 5 year olds. Ok he can kick maybe 500 of there asses but eventually the numbers just outwayed them.

Well because the asgaurd population is highly diminished from thier war the wraith probably outnumber them 1000000 to 1. So the wraith still have the upper hand even more so than they had with the ancients. not to mention the asgaurd are less advanced than the ancients.

Comment

The Asgard still have at least 6 O'Neill class ships and if the Wraith hive ships are in groups of less than 10 or 20 each, then the Asgard can wipe them out in no time.

Comment

I can reasonably assume that the wraith will be attacking in exetremely larger numbers from now on rather than in groups of ten or twenty.

Comment

if they gave us their weapons we could have wiped out most of that hive ship fleet, wed have taken out the 2 with the nukes and we'd have had a great battle with the asgard weapons. id say we could have taken down maybe another 2 or 3 hive ships before retreating. but still that is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
            Well because the asgaurd population is highly diminished from thier war the wraith probably outnumber them 1000000 to 1. So the wraith still have the upper hand even more so than they had with the ancients. not to mention the asgaurd are less advanced than the ancients.
            I think if the Asgard were in that much trouble they would just recruit us to help out... we have helped them with everything else so far... plus if the wraith were attacking the Asgard it would be the in the Jaffa interest to help too. I think the wraith would have a tougher time in this galaxy then they had in Pegasus.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

dam i wanted the wraith to be more advanced then that now i cant take them seriously anymore

Comment

well just imagine the first wraith attack probabaly all the worlds in pegasus was extremly advanced. maybe near tollan tech or even farther a head and they took down a galaxy of them and the ancients. that is alot of power, more then we can imagine. but their ships, that was disapointing.

Comment

If Asgard tech is indeed superior to Wraith tech and it all boils down to numbers then would it to safe to conclude that Replicators (spoiler: before they were all presumably wiped out by the Ancient device) would have sufficient numbers to fight the Wraith to atleast a standstill? Afterall they did almost defeat the Asgard and do things even the Asgard didn't understand (spoiler: i.e. when they flew themselves out of the gravitational well of a black hole)

So the tech tree looks like this:

Orii?
                  Ancients
                  Replicators
                  Asgard
                  Wraith
                  <Anubis>
                  Tollan - before Anubis
                  Goa'uld
                  Humans

Comment

Siege 3 didn't prove anything about Asgard weapons, as the Asgard weapons weren't there to be tested. The shields need a good power source to effectively hold out against just one hive ship. The Asgard beaming trick worked nicely, until the Wraith figured out what they were up to, and then they put a halt to it. So much of a halt, that Hermy didn't even know WHAT they did, let alone how to overcome it. The hyperdrive definitely wins though. But the Wraith haven't had reason to develop intergalactic hyperdrive. They may be capable of surpassing it on their own with time, but if they've started researching it more, it only began recently. I'd say the Asgard are somewhat more advanced in some areas, but only out of necessity.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

not to mention the asgaurd are less advanced than the ancients.
                      Stated as if it were fact.

What evidence do you have that Ancient tech before the Ascended outclasses current Asgard technology?

I hate to be a stickler, and you MAY have something to cite in the show to back that up. If you do, you can expect some green. If not, I may hit you with some red for stating opinion as proven fact.

I just love how these bullsessions spiral from the known to fanwank in next to no time at all. Somebody has to play Devil's Advocate before the BS gets to thick to walk!

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                      The Asgard still have at least 6 O'Neill class ships and if the Wraith hive ships are in groups of less than 10 or 20 each, then the Asgard can wipe them out in no time.
                      I know you aren't likely to post something like that without having a reference, but I can't recall hearing that on air... could you refresh my memory how we know there are at least six O'Neill class ships surviving their war with the Replicators? I'll gladly dish some green for your troubles.

I can reasonably assume that the wraith will be attacking in exetremely larger numbers from now on rather than in groups of ten or twenty.
                      I'm not sure.. because the Wraith are being written UNREASONABLY in terms of tactics and not making sure Atlantis was toast.

How the Wraith attack is not that important to the hypothetical discussion anyway. The Asgard hyperdrive is clearly MUCH faster, so THEY should attack the Wraith, perhaps never allowing them to amass a large enough fleet to seriously challenge them.

When you have a clear advantage in terms of speed, you can dictate where and when the battle will be fought.

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      I think if the Asgard were in that much trouble they would just recruit us to help out... we have helped them with everything else so far... plus if the wraith were attacking the Asgard it would be the in the Jaffa interest to help too. I think the wraith would have a tougher time in this galaxy then they had in Pegasus.
                      I have to agree with that opinion.

Originally posted by konartis
                      dam i wanted the wraith to be more advanced then that now i cant take them seriously anymore
                      Excellent! That's EXACTLY the problem the writers have saddled themselves with. A puny Earth Cruiser with beings who just got intergalactic spaceflight capabilities a few years ago can TOAST the Wraith in a firefight? Even for a little while? Suddenly the Wraith, those harbingers of doom right up to the cliffhanger, aren't so scary anymore, are they? They aren't even as scary as the Goa'uld in some ways, are they?

Have some green.

Comment

I think mike tyson would kick 10000 5 year olds asses, they would all be afraid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by EnjoyIncubus
                          I think mike tyson would kick 10000 5 year olds asses, they would all be afraid of him.
                          So he would bite them to death before they handsuc him to death?
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                            What evidence do you have that Ancient tech before the Ascended outclasses current Asgard technology?
                            Thor once commented that "You cannot even begin to comprehend the extent of what was unfolding in O’Neill’s mind. Our scientists, long ago, extracted parts of the Ancient library of knowledge and learned much from it. But we have been studying it for as long as I can remember, and *we* have barely scratched the surface"

Later in season 8 the Replicators managed to fly out the gravity well of a black hole and Thor didn't understand how, so they were in some level more advanced than the Asgard. Yet the replicators were after the Ancient knowledge still stored in Daniel's mind showing that Ancient knowledge is far superior

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                              I know you aren't likely to post something like that without having a reference, but I can't recall hearing that on air... could you refresh my memory how we know there are at least six O'Neill class ships surviving their war with the Replicators?
                              Watch New Order again.

Comment

Working...
                              X