Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that the Season started, What's Your Take?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that the Season started, What's Your Take?

Personally, I throughly enjoyed all 3 shows (SG1, SGA and BSG)and can't wait until next week when I can enjoy 4 shows in a row (Firefly begins airing).

Only thing that bothered me about BSG was the 5 firewalls they used. Shouldn't they have been a mixture of hardware and software firewalls, plus each network should have a few dhcp routers to mask ip numbers or a honey pot Linux-like or Windows-like server to trap anyone? How are the Cylons accessing the network anyways, if it's all internal and hard wired? It's not like they are connected to the internet or using wireless connections...lol...j/k. Oh well, at least they used a firewall(s). Other scifi shows never use any...lol

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

What did I think? Well I loved every minute of it. Best premier of the night, and the one I was looking forward to the most.

They did a good job hitting on all the storylines left from last season. Course I always wish the show was more than just an hour because with so many characters and the way that they now have three different settings – Galactica, Caprica, and Kobol – the story encompasses a lot, yet we only get a little over 40 minutes of actual show.

I hate having to wait until next Friday. Shoot. I was even telling SGA to hurry up and get finished because this was the show I really wanted to see. I know Stargate and BSG are really not comparable because of the style of show each is, but I must say that BSG has not been a disappointment, and I actually enjoy it more because of it’s complexities. Yes, blasphemy I know, but……….

If RDM and David Eick can keep this up, the season will be a blast. They set the bar awful high last season. If they can do better than that, then I can’t wait.
    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 17 July 2005, 07:11 PM.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I LOVED the S2 opener. My favorite (by far) of the Friday night premieres.

I think they're setting things up for some really complicated political intrigue with Adama being "out", Tigh in charge and Roslin in the brig. Baltar's another wild card. He's got to start acting sane or it's just going to be unbelievable that they won't lock him up.

I'm really interested to see where Lee's loyalties are going to end up and what's going to happen with Kara and Helo on Caprica.

I've moved my more specific comments to the "Scattered" thread.

Suffice it to say - it didn't disappoint me at all. Except for the new opening theme. I miss the old one.
      Last edited by keshou; 17 July 2005, 11:29 AM.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi

Only thing that bothered me about BSG was the 5 firewalls they used. Shouldn't they have been a mixture of hardware and software firewalls, plus each network should have a few dhcp routers to mask ip numbers or a honey pot Linux-like or Windows-like server to trap anyone? How are the Cylons accessing the network anyways, if it's all internal and hard wired? It's not like they are connected to the internet or using wireless connections...lol...j/k. Oh well, at least they used a firewall(s). Other scifi shows never use any...lol

just proves that the colonials were using Windoze if their networks were that easily co-opted.

the cylons are probably on Mac running WINE emulators.
        lol
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I loved it.....the big question was when Boomer left with Starbucks raider...
          was she gonna waste the newly downloaded Six and protect Helo, or bring a platoon of Cylons back?
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I think Boomer is going to do something to prove to Stabuck she could be trusted

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner
              I think Boomer is going to do something to prove to Stabuck she could be trusted
              I'd like to think you're right, but frak with this show anything is possible. I've given up trying to second guess it. That's why I love it so much.

Comment

Working...
              X