This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercials Are the New Go'auld

I hate commercials. It feels like each commercial last 10 minutes. This is not a show about commercials. My God! Come on SciFi. Don't frack it up for us.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Originally posted by Elitenova
    I hate commercials. It feels like each commercial last 10 minutes. This is not a show about commercials. My God! Come on SciFi. Don't frack it up for us.
    They arn't that bad lol.

Comment

I know what you mean. SciFi's commercials always seem so long, besides the fact that there's a show we want to see! Us fans deserve better. It's even moreso obnoxious that they cut the opening credits in order for more commercials, rather than show.

Comment

It's called money. Without comercials we wouldn't have a show.

They need to put them all at that end. That way we will have enough time at the end to go to the restroom and get something to eat and drink for Altlanis.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I always put a cuppa on in the adverts. And then wash up, iron my kit, hoover up, read a book.

Comment

I know I think commercials are getting out of hand... It not just scifi ever go to the theater... ten mintues of commercials before ten mintues of previews. The shows are just as bad It's sad they think they need so much time to irratate opps I mean sale us stuff.
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I hate commercials when they affect good programming.
              i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                I hate commercials when they affect good programming.
                The trouble is all the good shows get loads of commercials cos everyone is watching it. Maximum chance of us watching their products.

Comment

I don't mind a few adverts (commercials...) but I hate it when everbody and his dog is trying to sell you something. It's all money, money, money these days. How sad.

Comment

Do you guys realize how much Atlantis costs to produce? Alot. Commercials are a required thing.

Comment

The commercials were the same lenght as the previous season, nothing different.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                        I know I think commercials are getting out of hand... It not just scifi ever go to the theater... ten mintues of commercials before ten mintues of previews. The shows are just as bad It's sad they think they need so much time to irratate opps I mean sale us stuff.
                        the cinema is worse than tv for adverts. i hate how it says the movie starts at, eg, 16:00 but its more like 16:40 by the time all trailers, stupid tv adverts and no smoking no phones shorts are shown. its a cinema, they should show maximum ten minutes of TRAILERS only. i dont want to see half an hour of adverts that are already on tv

Comment

No, both shows have an additional 50 seconds of advertising... taken directly away from an Emmy-nominated intro score. I hate SciFi. If I could watch Sky or whatever channel the Brits watch SG on then I would.

Quite obviously commercials are necessary. Blatant money grabs are not, and that is exactly what we saw this season. Without question it was an incredibly poor decision by SciFi to eliminate the opening creds for some bulls*** 10 second clip. This was contemptuous and ill-advised. If they were intelligent they would reverse that extremely poor decision and find another way of getting revenue streams, such as selling more merchandise or increasing the current fee they are getting for commercials. Its not as if SG is getting piss poor ratings.

Shame on you SciFi.

Comment

I know they need commercials for money and everything, but taking away the openings was harsh. And those new Sci Fi Friday commercials are creepy. The ones with the actors and the creepy background where they start turning slightly.
                            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

i agree

Comment

Working...
                              X