This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell's at atlantis

So I had a funny thought about a month ago when i signed up for this board, but of course the confirmation of my email took about a month, so now there's an answer... what i was going to say was

what happens when they give atlantis Dell computers that didn't exist two years ago when the people first left Earth

Um i'm sure I speak for just about everyone when I ask you, what are you talking about and could you please ellaborate.

Comment

the goverment gets things ahead of time... Maybe.

Comment

...and some very nice Tablet PC's! I'd like to see a Mac or two out there, and if I could bring anything to Atlantis (assuming a computer was assigned to me, and I could transfer files there), I might bring an iPod...
        sigpic

Comment

NO, dont bring a mac. you cant fit the monitor through the gate

and they should use unbranded flatscreens with the atlantis logo, and alienware PC`s.

Help!
          My emojournal

Comment

I did kinda find that interesting, cause NONE of the computer at the SGC have any branding (I am talking the deskstop/Workstation systems), Apparently Dell threw money there way or something.

BUT the model and spec of those Laptops is a Dell Inspiron 600m
            Specs are Intel Pentium M - 700 (2.0 GHz, 400MHz FSB, 2MB Cache) CPU
            Intel 855PM chipset
            2-USB 2.0
            9-pin serial connector
            Audio jacks: Line-out (external speakers/headphone) and external microphone
            Parallel port: 25-hole connector
            Video: 15-pin monitor connector
            S-Video: 7-pin mini-DIN connector
            10/100 Ethernet LAN: RJ-45 connector
            Serial infrared communications port (lrDA-1.1 compliant)
            Modem: RJ-11 connector

And the system came out March 2004
            And those Tablet PC's are Motion Computing LE1600 which is sold by Dell

Comment

With season two coming and the events taking place, it seems like they will be able to update their computers.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
                Um i'm sure I speak for just about everyone when I ask you, what are you talking about and could you please ellaborate.
                you speak for everyone... that is a great responsibility, use it wisely. What I mean (although it seems others had no problem deciphering my comment) is that during Season 1, dells were everywhere on Atlantis, and as someone pointed out above, with the arrivals of the second season, it is at least fathomable that new dell equipment will be brought as well, however before viewing the final episode of the first season, I pondered how the show would explain newer version of dells showing up on the set, versions that came out after the characters left for the new galaxy.

Does that help?

Comment

If you check out some spoilers for season two, you will make a noteable discovery, that will answer your question. Suffice it to say,
                  Spoiler:
                  the Atlantis expedition establishes relativley permanant contact with Earth.

Owen Macri

Comment

Dells are the best - maybe the ancients liked them aswell
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

The Ancients had thier own brand, they were incredible! Infinity gighertz, infintesimal memory and hard drive storage, state of the art, an illegal version of windows that actually works! Amazing!

Owen Macri

Comment

Illegal versions of windows that work are available - they have the product activation thing removed
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

No, I meant a version of windows that actually worked, but since we know that none do, this one would have to be illegal. lol, it was a joke, that is all.

Owen Macri

Comment

Dell computers are actually based on Ancient technology discovered in Antarctica, just dumbed down so they could keep coming out with newer, more expensive models. Lol, so the Atlantis team has the original and most advanced versions of Dell computers. Maybe Dell was the name of an Ancient that returned to Earth.

Or possibly, from season 2:
                            Spoiler:
                            They brought Dells to Atlantis on the Daedalus
                            Elando na coinya!

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                              No, I meant a version of windows that actually worked, but since we know that none do, this one would have to be illegal. lol, it was a joke, that is all.

Owen Macri
                              I get it now but I would have thought the ancients would prefer 'Ancient Linux' or maybe even 'Unix'

Originally posted by SmartEagle
                              Or possibly, from season 2:
                              Spoiler:
                              They brought Dells to Atlantis on the Daedalus
                              Most probably
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X