This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld's Features: More, More, MORE!

Which of GateWorld's features would you like to see more of than the current stream of extras? You may pick more than one.
    Interviews (audio and text)
    33.07%
    Columns
    15.75%
    Letters to the Editor
    6.30%
    The Stargate Omnipedia
    22.05%
    Episode Spoilers
    11.81%
    Episode Reviews
    11.02%

Certainly some more interviews and more omnipedia information. Keep it up!
    __

__

Comment

I enjoy the Letters to the Editor section and like the columns. Letters to the Editor are usually well thought out, strongly felt opinions. Interviews are always welcome, too.

When I first started watching SG-1 in June 02, the episode reviews were great. The reviews helped me get up to speed on the Stargate universe. I'm sure others must have felt the same way.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I voted Columns and Letters to the Editor.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I went with Columns and Omnipedia. And yeah, I know the Omnipedia is getting updated eventually anyway.

The letters could be interesting, but I have a general distrust of that sort of thing and I prefer to air my grievances (and occasional rare compliments) here on the board, which makes it a lot more interactive than just a blanket statement about something.

The interviews are plugging along nicely and I'm sure we'll be getting as many of those as you can manage. Reviews are handy but not one of my stronger interests and spoilers I don't need overmuch since I'm not really watching anymore. More detailed plot synopses might be nice, but aren't strictly necessary.

Comment

I would like to see more of the Omnipedia. It is great already but it should have more ships and a more organized table of planets.
            Teal'C: Bla Bla Bla... Said the whole transcript of the
            where all of the Stargates were.

O'Neill: Did you say something??

Comment

There are 102 entries for planets that have yet to be uploaded. It's a high priority when Season Seven is completely updated.

As for Ships, it's the most completed section in the Omnipedia. The only entries missing are of Apophis' experimental starship ("Upgrades"), Martin Lloyd's escape pod ("Point of No Return") and the Goa'uld escape vessel ("Nightwalkers"), all of which have been written. Everything else is arleady in the Omni. If we missed any other craft, let us know!

FYI, our definition of a "ship" is a craft that will take you from one place to another. Craft like the Tagrean gun boat ("Memento") will soon be found under Tech.

Comment

Hmmm... I'd say drop the Omnipedia... *works desperatly on the Stargate Repository*

Comment

You mean drop it as a subject, in the poll, or completely???
                  I thought there was more ships then that. hmm... ok then.
                  Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by 5aret
                    You mean drop it as a subject, in the poll, or completely???
                    I thought there was more ships then that. hmm... ok then.
                    Thanks for the info.
                    Get rid of it off the site, nobody needs it.. *continues working*

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                      Get rid of it off the site, nobody needs it.. *continues working*
                      You're just suffering from archive envy.

Comment

What??? Without the Omnipedia, a lot of people would not come here!!!
                        (I would come here still) Its just the Omnipedia has A LOT of information on Stargate and No other Stargate site has it. Thats what makes us unique.

Comment

Originally posted by 5aret
                          What??? Without the Omnipedia, a lot of people would not come here!!!
                          The more time you spend here the more you will realize that people do not always speak the literal truth. There is a lot of joking that goes on here, especially between the regulars. What might seem like a crazy idea or an insult to you will be good-natured fun to the ones involved.

In this case, Teal'c is most definitely kidding. He has his OWN website and is developing his OWN version of the omnipedia, so he hopes (more or less jokingly) that Gateworld will do away with THEIR omnipedia so that fans will go to HIS site instead.

You get used to it eventually. Although you can never get used to something like Teal'c...

Comment

It's true that you don't appreciate something until it's gone or unavailable. I've been watching with some consistency regarding the GateWorld blackouts, and I cannot believe just how much of a cult following this website has pulled. Don't get me wrong, I do play a role in bringing it to the web and that does play a role in my feelings, but in all honesty the number of emails I received from readers complaining that they couldn't get their daily dose of Gate was staggering. I'm glad it's stable again. As is the thousands of daily readers.

As with the Omnipedia, well, I'll be the first to say that it is pretty skimpy on entries right now, but what there is, there is a significant amount of detail, and we're adding to it constantly. Also keep in mind that if you've been wanting to see something, it's probably in the collection of 700 entries that have been written and are ready to be given to you. It's nice to know Darren has it's best interests at heart. Don't fear!

Comment

Is Luke gonna have his own entry??

I bet Teal'c will include him in HIS archive...

Comment

Working...
                              X