This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wraith

just wondering since teyla has some wraith gene in her does that mean a wraith and a human could have a child?? sorry if the question sounds dumb but i only recently started watching atlantis and i most likely missed something.

Originally posted by penny
    just wondering since teyla has some wraith gene in her does that mean a wraith and a human could have a child?? sorry if the question sounds dumb but i only recently started watching atlantis and i most likely missed something.
    That is a good question. The wraith are insect like so that means that 1 female can breed the queen rite. So i don't think like the keeper could have a child but maybe because the wraith are bug/human its possible. Im not sure about that but Teyla has wraith dna in her because her ancestors were experimented on by a wraith scientist who was trying to create a better food source.

Comment

well the wraith start as more human like as shown in season 2 and then they grow into Wraith so it could be possible reproductive method - but then again wraith contain a poison in there body that goes into the human body and allows them to take there lifeforce so i am going to say - no i don't think they can - but a good question.
      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

We will learn more about wraith physiology in season 2 - stay tuned
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

i am going to start calling you the thread ender lol - oh so blunt. #Keep it going.
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            We will learn more about wraith physiology in season 2 - stay tuned
            Kill the fun, why don't ya.

Yes, the episode "Instinct" (i think that's the name) will have details on Wraith evolution. (See the GateWorld Atlantis Season 2 episode guide for complete details).

Comment

wraith and human would produce a very srange looking and confused child. wonder if there any good wraith?

Comment

From the latest spoilers I would say yes
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Even thought the Wraith are humanoid in appearance (bipedal, anyway), I doubt our genetic make-up is simialr enough to allow us to interbreed. Ever see a human/gorilla offspring? Wait, don't answer that!
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

In Season 1 they summised that the wraith developed from the bugs in 38 minutes and humans somehow so it may be possible In season 2
                    Spoiler:
                    we see a wraith child which is supposedly humanlike until maturity and then it becomes a lifesucker a bit like vulcan children have emotions i suppose
                    love Torri

Comment

While the pairing does seem more than a little unlikely, I don't see why not if basic physiology is similar. (I keeping thinking of the movie V). However, if the wraith don't have similar gestational cycles, there would be problems.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                      X