• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Battlestar' leads 3 season debuts

From The Arizona Republic:

'Battlestar' leads 3 season debuts

July 15, 2005

If you really want to see a ragtag bunch of human survivors in mortal danger, forget the reality show that places various personality-challenged people on a camera-infested island.

Tune in to the second-season première of Battlestar Galactica at 10 tonight on Sci-Fi Channel.

Yes, it's based on the late-'70s series starring Lorne Greene, but the spaceships in the original look like they were put together with Tinkertoys compared with the update. The effects, if not the acting, are far superior to the first Battlestar Galactica.

The story remains the same: The last humans in the universe have assembled a starship convoy as they attempt to flee the evil Cylons, who are the anti-C3POs when it comes to robots. Don't worry if you missed the first season - this is science fiction. Within 15 minutes (much of which will be devoted to recapping the first season), you'll be up to speed.

New shows are few and far between in summer, and Galactica rates about a 7 on a 10 scale for sci-fi fans.

Also on the Sci-Fi Channel tonight is the ninth-season opener for Stargate SG-1 (8 p.m.) and the third-season opener for Stargate Atlantis (9 p.m.).

Who knew a fairly mediocre movie starring Kurt Russell would result in two TV series, one of them lasting more than eight years?

Maybe there are too many TV channels.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Well, I'll be frakked. Stargate Atlantis is going into its third season already.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Who knew a fairly mediocre movie starring Kurt Russell would result in two TV series, one of them lasting more than eight years?
      I disagree with...this guy, he should look back and see that
      this movie was a hit and was 1st in it's opening weekend. The movie was the
      best and I would have loved to see the next two installments that where
      planned. Russell and Spader really where great as the leads, and Devlin really
      deserves the credit for making the idea come to life.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Working...
      X