This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

epiphany thought spoiler speculation

we know that sheppard will help a group of ancients who our trying to ascend. Any chance they would be willing to help us if they achieve ascenion. it would be nice to have a few ancients on our side or would they be forced to obey the rules of intereference created by the other ancients. maybe the cloister could do a few small favors for us from time to time

They'll probably be subjected to the same rules as the others, because the Ancients are a bunch of uptight pricks, unable to realize that all of those humans are actually their children, that they've abandoned, but that would be great if the Cloister could help us from time to time, that all depends on if Sheppard and the rest of the team, can actually assist them in their ascension.

Comment

They wouldn't help, they can't
      just like Chaya, "the others" won't let her.

Comment

I guess my view will be at odds with many people here. See... I still think that the Ascended beings are right, in terms of their attitude about not helping younger beings. For all their power, they are no more suited to play God than any of the younger races.

When a younger race figures out how to ascend, part of doing so is travelling the path towards ascension. One can hope that in travelling that path... you achieve enlightenment, become wiser etc etc. If you take shortcuts,
        Spoiler:
        like Anubis
        then you haven't travelled the journey in its entirety, and are not ready to be there.

Its the journey folks... not the destination that matters!

(just IMHO)
        Oh Furlings oh Furlings... wherefore art thou Furlings???
        ... Anyone seen them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue5
          If you take shortcuts,
          Spoiler:
          like Anubis
          then you haven't travelled the journey in its entirety, and are not ready to be there.

(just IMHO)
          "that is completly un helpful"

isnt it possible that all the others that want to help could over through the others. most of the ancients we seen in before i sleep i didnt like to up tight

Comment

maybe the older ancients might reconsider the rules if the cloister pleaded our case for help to them. they might be filled with so much joy seeing their children again maybe they might reconsider getting involved

Comment

dont think they care i think the only way they will help is if they over power and out number the accended leaders. which might be alot. all of abydos all oma got to and the rest who are unwilling to sit back and watch the galaxy get torn up.

Comment

it's also possible that they're not really "ancients"
                if time passes so much faster on that planet its possible in 10+ thousand years that they evolved to the same point as the ancients were before their ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
                  it's also possible that they're not really "ancients"
                  if time passes so much faster on that planet its possible in 10+ thousand years that they evolved to the same point as the ancients were before their ascension.
                  i agree with what you say but i also believe that in this episode the people of the planet might not ascend at all

Comment

Originally posted by Shah90
                    They wouldn't help, they can't
                    just like Chaya, "the others" won't let her.
                    I believe since they are not actually ascended beings, they can do whatever they damn well please and dont have to follow the rules of the ascended. they are still mortal. But since they are striving towards ascention, they may not want to help.

JMO.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Even though the rules and Chaya say they cant help - Oma shows us that they can if they are brave enough
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

the others could be another race not ancient that achieved accension before the ancients. and there entire civilization acended and they are the uptight ones

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
                          the others could be another race not ancient that achieved accension before the ancients. and there entire civilization acended and they are the uptight ones
                          That has been suggested many times - we knoe that other races have ascended when Daniel asks Oma if the people in the cafe are ancients she says some of them
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

when she said that i thought she ment the others in the cafe was other humans that are post ancient

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue5
                              I guess my view will be at odds with many people here. See... I still think that the Ascended beings are right, in terms of their attitude about not helping younger beings. For all their power, they are no more suited to play God than any of the younger races.

When a younger race figures out how to ascend, part of doing so is travelling the path towards ascension. One can hope that in travelling that path... you achieve enlightenment, become wiser etc etc. If you take shortcuts,
                              Spoiler:
                              like Anubis

(just IMHO)
                              As far as the ascended go, that's it in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                              X