This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith gaining knowledge through feeding

In the siege part 1 'Bob' the captured wraith stated that the wraith who would feed on Sheppard would know what he had done to the prisoner. The insinuation being that through feeding the wraith gained knowledge from the prey. If this is the case how did the genii remain hidden after the wraith culled their planet. It is most probable that the wraith fed on some of the genii at the time and in previous episodes all the genii seemed well aware of the underground goings on.

if thats true u have to kill every wraith who ever killed a human from milky way so they dont know way to earth

and it explains how they got do advanced fast(by feeding off the ancients n gettin there knowladge)

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

So if a Wriath ever fed on an Asgardian our crew would be well and truly fracked, right?

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
        if thats true u have to kill every wraith who ever killed a human from milky way so they dont know way to earth

and it explains how they got do advanced fast(by feeding off the ancients n gettin there knowladge)
        I don't think it's true.
        He could have meant that he was transmitting info throught the wraith mindlink, therefore ALL the wraith would know Shep and what he had done.
        The only time we have seen wraith get info from feeding was with Sumner.
        It was very,very limited info.
        All she learnt was that Sumner was from a planet that had billions of people.
        THat's it.
        The wraith's 'mind powers' seem to be fairly weak. They can make you see phantoms, but that's about it. They are all linked to each other, but as we see from the spoilers
        Spoiler:
        they have a hive mind
        that links them together.
        I think that is what got them to advance so fast. As soon as one wriath discovered somethign, he could pass it on to ALL the other wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
          So if a Wriath ever fed on an Asgardian our crew would be well and truly fracked, right?
          Wraith can only feed on humans and each other (and presumably ancients.)

Comment

Are you sure? Have they ever tried (unsuccessfully) to feed on an Asgardian?

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
              Are you sure? Have they ever tried (unsuccessfully) to feed on an Asgardian?
              they taste like chicken

nice with 7 seasons sauce

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                Wraith can only feed on humans and each other (and presumably ancients.)
                How do you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                  How do you know that?
                  Poisioning the well. They try to feed steve animals and he can't suck the life from them. Greg(defiant one) says that he has eaten wraith, humans and lantians.

Comment

But Asgardians aren't animals (at least not a lower life form) since there is some kind of psychic element to Wraith feeding then higher intelligence is a factor in their nutrition. Just because they can't eat chicken doesn't mean they can't eat a grey alien. I'm sure if they came across an Asgardian they'd be able to feed off it (although the effects might be strange.)

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
                      they taste like chicken

nice with 7 seasons sauce
                      HEHEHEH
                      mmmmmm Chicken mmmm

Comment

The wraith meant through the telekinetic link not through feeding
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

I get the feeling that at the time the writers hadn't decided how much info the wraith could drag out of you. Season 2 should fill in the gaps.
                          I think they're powers are relatively weak in mind probing, otherwise the show would be over pretty quick. As soon as they grabbed somebody from Atlantis they'd know everything. I don't think the writers would let that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
                            I get the feeling that at the time the writers hadn't decided how much info the wraith could drag out of you. Season 2 should fill in the gaps.
                            I think they're powers are relatively weak in mind probing, otherwise the show would be over pretty quick. As soon as they grabbed somebody from Atlantis they'd know everything. I don't think the writers would let that happen.
                            That would be amusing to see... The wraith eating one vital member of Atlantis, and then being able to woop them all. Of course, it will never happen, but its fun to theorize with.

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
                            --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

The Wraith couldn't have gotten more intel from Sumner regarding the location of Earth, because I doubt he would know, I sure as hell wouldn't. It looked to me like the Wraith need to look for answers inside someone, so they can only gain the knowledge they seek, which is generally feeding knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X