X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Zone: Only Human (Katee Sackhoff)

From TV Zone:

Only Human

Star Katee Sackhoff has been busy battling Cylons and the elements – and nearly catching hypothermia. She chats to about suffering for her art, and what her character of Lt Starbuck will be getting up to in the series’ second season.

by Steven Eramo

Click on the link to read the article.

Some excerpts:

Like her fellow Viper pilots, Lt Starbuck risked her life more than once during Battlestar’s first year to protect the Galactica as well as its fleet of ships carrying the last Human survivors from a Cylon massacre. The job took its toll on her both mentally and physically, but she kept that well-hidden up to the very end of the season.

“I was really impressed with how my character’s story arc unfolded last year,” says Sackhoff. “Starbuck learnt a great deal about herself, and at the end of the season we see her crack. Prior to that she’d been sort of ‘Super Starbuck’, and always did her job and saved everyone. She was perfect, spot on, and then lost it completely. I enjoyed that, and, in fact, have asked the show’s producers and writers if we could keep that up this season. I really want to drive home the point that Starbuck is human and has flaws. She’s probably one of the most flawed characters on the series as well as one who’s extremely scared. There are quite a few skeletons in her closet and some of them are going to be coming out in year two, which I’m excited about.”

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

A cool article, thanks for posting. I love the hypothermia thing.

Comment

Working...
    X